What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
Attendance culture in AFL V Attendance culture in NRL. We just don't have it yet unfortunately.

Check the TV ratings and i bet they tell a completely different story.

Undoubtedly - crowd size isn't necessarily the best indicator of popularity to be sure. The comparison I was making was same city, same stadium, but different games.

An unfair contrast would be the 86k at today's Collingwood/Carlton match vs 15k for Souths/Easts, two big rivalries drawing very different attendances.

Raw numbers aren't everything but if a home town rivalry match is only getting 15k at the game that is a concern, irrespective of TV ratings.

Eelectrica

Referee
Bronco v Titans crowds of recent years. All games played at Suncorp Stadium.

2007 48,621
2008 39,757
2009 43,079
2010 40,168
2011 31,035

Compared to last years crowd, this years has dropped by 9,133 or 22 percent.

Compared to the best crowd of 2007 this years figure has dropped by 17,586 or 36 percent.

When the Titans quit playing like an especially geniused bunch of fumbleballers the crowds will return. It's a protest against gross ineptitude.
There's a difference in losing, but going down fighting like Parra and losing and barely putting in an effort like the Titans.

Cletus

First Grade
what's the problem with Cowboys fans, they've got a winning team for a change. Bit embarrasing when an AFL team is nearly outdrawing an NRL game in FNQ!

Looking at that afloat game there's no way the crowd is anywhere near 10,000, there would be less than 5000 there but they were always going to call it a bit over 10,000.

brad_19

Juniors
Looking at that afloat game there's no way the crowd is anywhere near 10,000, there would be less than 5000 there but they were always going to call it a bit over 10,000.

The same way they called the 7k in Darwin tonight more then 10k? :? Generally speaking, I reckon the AFL are pretty honest with their attendances. Crowd in Cairns was always going to be decent considering it was the first ever match at the venue. Cowboys crowds continuing to disappoint for whatever reason...

Raiderdave

First Grade
well thats 5 woeful crowds to date

the low mark .. in some cases .. lower has been the attendance for each match

3 affected by rain .. but the 2 in Sydney last night had no excuses
& both were belters of games

Souths as a club should probably stop pretending with their membership numbers
they have 12K at most

Cowboys fans are entering embarrasing territory with their crowds for a side in the top 4 from supposed heartland

& the western derby was well down on the last few years .. & a major dissapointment ..17K come on .. where were you ?:x

Knights fans .. over to you
down let us down ..anything under 25K won't be acceptable
Raiders fans .. ite a nice winters day down here .. lets get along

Dragons fans .. lets get the full house sign up shall we

the rest of you .. into the naughty corner

Cletus

First Grade
The same way they called the 7k in Darwin tonight more then 10k? :? Generally speaking, I reckon the AFL are pretty honest with their attendances. Crowd in Cairns was always going to be decent considering it was the first ever match at the venue. Cowboys crowds continuing to disappoint for whatever reason...

Well it didn't look decent on tv. I'm sure the AFL are generally pretty honest with crowds when it's played in Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide but they exaggerate when it's an "expansion" area. And after looking at Austadiums the capacity is around 12,000 and it wasn't even half full, so I guess they've doubled the real crowd figure. Not that I think the Cowboys crowds are great, especially when they're having some on field success this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts