What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather for Newcastle today is 18 Degrees, chance of a shower but clearing in the afternoon. You would have to think 25k today is Par. This game should be pushing 30k.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
WAR/CBY 12,012
BRI/GLD 31,035
SOU/SYD 14,671
NQL/WST 12,880
PEN/PAR 17,333

5 games: 87,931
Average: 17,586

Should be 20k plus at Ausgrid this afternoon, and I'd say 13-14k at Canberra as well.

Tomorrow night will probably hit 18k as well at Kogarah.

Roughly we could finish with 140,431, an average for the round of 17,554.

For reference:

Rivalry Round 2010 (Round 19)
Att: 132,950 (16,619)
(source: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2010.html#19)

beave

Coach
was shitty weather up here for the last 2 days and I think the last few weekends of the V8's and the Tvl show has drained everyone's bank accounts up here in NQ. Last Friday would have been the time to have a home game here with the V8's on, there were a lot of people come here from all around for the race, I am sure they would have made an effort to get to a game last weekend if there was one scheduled, expecting them to come all the way back again the this weekend is expecting a bit too much.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Isn't capacity around 20k at Penrith? Thought this game sold out?
21k. Yeah all reserved seated was sold out but heaps of no shows.

Does any Panthers fans sit in the blackhole?

It's sold out yet always 1/2 full. What's doing? Why not let others sit there. To see a waiting list when it's not full is a disgrace

seanoff

Juniors
Looking at that afloat game there's no way the crowd is anywhere near 10,000, there would be less than 5000 there but they were always going to call it a bit over 10,000.

delusional.

it was 10k in Cairns. like it or not. about 7,200 in Darwin, but that was a cripple fight and that was as many as was likely.

timka4

Bench
If we didn't put in such a bad display against the cowboys we might have gotten 24k today and if Gidley wasn't injured.

Brutus

Referee
Knights used to get 20-30k at marathon when they played shit boring footy in the late 80's early 90's.

I remember they got 15k to a midweek panasonic game against Combined Brisbane when the lighting at the joint were absolutely terrible.

These numbers have the potential to return next year.

yakstorm

First Grade
Good work to the Newcastle faithful for not being put off by the rain before and during the match either.

I think we can start to see Newcastle start pushing that 25-30K mark next year when they have a whole season to push their cheaper membership structure.

docbrown

Coach
Good work to the Newcastle faithful for not being put off by the rain before and during the match either.

I think we can start to see Newcastle start pushing that 25-30K mark next year when they have a whole season to push their cheaper membership structure.

Yep. The best thing is actually sitting next to same people week in week out as it makes everyone feel comfortable and less 'restrained'.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Newcastle's support is definitely on the way up again. Impressive again today although I thought it would be higher given the rivalry with Manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts