What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
About level with only a few years ago. Last year was simply above average (even though we sucked :crazy:)

You averaged 34k in 2009, 33k in 2008... it isn't as if last year (35k) was an outlier.

The large drop is slight cause for concern considering your success this season plus the continuing memberships pushes, imo.

user_nat

Coach
You averaged 34k in 2009, 33k in 2008... it isn't as if last year (35k) was an outlier.

The large drop is slight cause for concern considering your success this season plus the continuing memberships pushes, imo.

About even with 06 (we had even more success that year), which I consider a few years ago.. Sorta.
Still pretty disappointing though. I do expect it to improve for the last couple of games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm loathe to sympathise with Brisbane but I'm certain many of their games have been rain-affected this year.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Brisbane's crowds have been slightly down this year, but lets remember they still have a few big drawing matches left. Parra and the Warriors should draw pretty well in the run to the finals. And lets not forget the Manly game in R26 which should be a sellout.

I think the Broncos average will finish pretty similar to last years.

user_nat

Coach
I'm loathe to sympathise with Brisbane but I'm certain many of their games have been rain-affected this year.

You know you love it.

According to nrlstats.com..
3/8 have been "Fine" weather. And hey wouldn't you know it.. they were the games without rep players.

smithie

Juniors
I think some fans are getting sick of the constant Friday night games at Suncorp. A few Sunday afternoon games would help crowd numbers. Dragons @ Broncos got over 42,000 last year on a Sunday.

I think some fans are getting sick of the constant Friday night games at Suncorp. A few Sunday afternoon games would help crowd numbers. Dragons @ Broncos got over 42,000 last year on a Sunday.

LOL are you serious ?

Most teams would kill to have friday games for their sponsors; who are the broncos to get a choice, utter b/s that other teams are duded with less FTA coverage.

Yes I know, I know the ratings and all that jazz, but the Broncos easily have a financial advantage over every team in the comp.

Also who cares if the Broncos are going through a crowd slump, every team goes through one.

Solid

Juniors
LOL are you serious ?

Most teams would kill to have friday games for their sponsors; who are the broncos to get a choice, utter b/s that other teams are duded with less FTA coverage.

Yes I know, I know the ratings and all that jazz, but the Broncos easily have a financial advantage over every team in the comp.

Also who cares if the Broncos are going through a crowd slump, every team goes through one.

Yes you are correct, but I think smithe was referring to something different.

Which I agree totally. Brisbane are on every Friday night. We appreciate Sunday afternoon Footy too (ratings, money talks ya ya)

Didgi

:lol:

Did you read his post X. Factor? He said a few Sunday games would be good for crowd numbers. Of course it's not going to be as great sponsorship or ratings wise depending on a string of factors.

Yes you are correct, but I think smithe was referring to something different.

Which I agree totally. Brisbane are on every Friday night. We appreciate Sunday afternoon Footy too (ratings, money talks ya ya)

what about other teams ? basically what Im inferring is that Brisbane shouldn't be on FTA all the time, it isn't fair for other clubs; and now some people are coming out saying the reason their crowds have dropped is because they play alot of friday games and they should get some sunday games ? That is crazy ! :crazy:

Look at the Cronulla sharks for example they basically get deprived of FTA which has a negative affect on their sponsorship, and ultimately their financial situation. I really think the Brisbane Broncos are in no position to even utter a word about their crowds and what days they play on; they have it made easy compared to other teams.

Eelectrica

Referee
Titans are unwatchable this year, still I went up anyway. Decent first half, second half was as bad as any.
Seen one titans game this year? Well you've seen 'em all. Tonight was another carbon copy of every other loss.

M2D2

Bench
Really want to go to all these stadiums before i die
Doing that at the moment.
Knocked of Skilled, Canberra, AAMI, Leichardt this year (with Newcastle and the gong coming up later this year), Suncorp, Brookie last year.
Only have Dairy Farmers, Mt Smart & C-town left.
Brookie is a horrible place.

Status
Not open for further replies.