What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
While Canberra's crowds have been quite low for the last 10 years or so, they still haven't registered a single sub 10K crowd this year, which is a positive considering their terrible form.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Went to the Brisbane, and got tix an hour before kick off. Pax of 35,989 so was anticipating a 40k+ crowd. can probably assume a few thousand were turned away by the light drizzle.

Pretty disappointing round crowd wise IMO. Cannot beleive the Cowboys crowd and the rest except souths v easts have me puzzled. Was there rain on saturday? The sydney games looked dry from the glimpses i got on tv

CC

Leading up the Cowboys game there was rain on game day and the day before which unfortunately turned away alot of people. The team deserves a better crowd considering there efforts in Newie despite the result yesterday hopefully they come back with the huge improvement they made last year.

Teddyboy

First Grade
While Canberra's crowds have been quite low for the last 10 years or so, they still haven't registered a single sub 10K crowd this year, which is a positive considering their terrible form.

Canberra has a lovely 27000 stadium for nothing.
Seems the people of Canberra are not bothered about Sport be it the Raiders,Brumbies etc.

Canberra has a lovely 27000 stadium for nothing.
Seems the people of Canberra are not bothered about Sport be it the Raiders,Brumbies etc.

LOL They are bothered about Canberra; but as of this year Canberra have been very poor, and I am pretty sure that would turn away a tonne of fans.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Some people are hard to please. This round will likely end up a bit over 140K. There have only been 25 rounds >150k in the last 55 years.

Hallatia

Referee
Some people are hard to please. This round will likely end up a bit over 140K. There have only been 25 rounds >150k in the last 55 years.
But we have 8 games per round now, 150K over 8 games is an average of 18,750 per game. In years of 7 games per round that average would be just over 131K... The number will obviously change depending on how many games per round we're talking, but looking at how many 150K+ weekends we've had in the last 55 years shows a bunch of unfair comparisons.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Correct. With STI v CRO tomorrow night to come (16-19k poss), we're at 121,582. Anything more than 19.5k pushes us past 140k... still a phenomenal round given the lower than expected crowd at Suncorp.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Actually, is this the game where 10k tickets are distributed to Westmead Hospital as the game is for the Bandaged Bear Cup? If that is the case they could get near 30k.

Hallatia

Referee
Does this game still come with the Eels season ticket? If so, we should get a showing from both sets of members...

That said, I'm an Eels season ticket holder and I'm jealous that I can't see the Melbourne Brisbane game live unless I want to go down to Melbourne

Raiderdave

First Grade

Exactly Sam

Teddyboy needs to pull his head in
we haven't had one crowd below 10K in 2011 ...
our smallest crowd of the year so far is 11,128

for a team thats near last thats pretty good
& in previous seasons
if we'd been in a similar pos ... we'd have pulled 4 crowds below 10K

our average crowds of a few years ago .. are now our smallest
our biggest crowds of a few years ago ... are now our average

we are club on the grow

unlike some clubs

the Cowboys are the exact opposite of the above
Smallest is now the average
Biggest .. is never seen
lots n lots amongst their lowest ever

& really if we're being truthful
the Knights are sort of in that boat too

the 21,798 yesterday that people are saying was great .. really wasn't .. so much , based on what this club used to do.

they're brave for going out when 49 drops of rain fell ...:roll:
I remember a crowd of 30K against the Broncos .. in a cyclone :oops:
21,798 they'd have in the ground for the 3rd grade :shock:

nuh
it was a lil dissapointing yesterday I gotta say

all in all
7 pretty cr@p crowds this round ... tonight if it keeps up the trend won't crack 15K

lets hope its a full house
the only one of the round:x

Status
Not open for further replies.