What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
Problem with getting a good walk up crowd is that the media is already bandying around the words "sell out". Automatically that's gonna look bad as the walk-up crowd will be discouraged.

There are plenty of tickets remaining so it won't sell out. Anything over the 20k mark will be great, I think they will get that easily.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Melbourne V Broncos 22k
Dogs V Parra 17k
Titans V Cowboys 11.5k
Sharks V Knights 8k
Tigers V Easts 13k
Penrith V Manly 14k
Souffs V Warriors 11k
Raiders V STGID 12k

Total = 109,500

Av = 13,688

yakstorm

First Grade
Category 1 across the whole venue at Melbourne now down to Limited Availability, with the highest number of tickets you can buy together in any area down to 2. Pre-sales wise, this is the best for the Storm this year...

pcpp

Juniors
Category 1 across the whole venue at Melbourne now down to Limited Availability, with the highest number of tickets you can buy together in any area down to 2. Pre-sales wise, this is the best for the Storm this year...

Could possibly be the Storm's biggest regular season crowd ever, which would be pretty incredible considering the circumstances.

The bandwagon effect seems pretty huge for the Storm though, seems like they will have 3 20,000+ attendances this year (Warriors, Broncos, probably Dragons) yet they haven't cracked 10k since April.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Could possibly be the Storm's biggest regular season crowd ever, which would be pretty incredible considering the circumstances.

The bandwagon effect seems pretty huge for the Storm though, seems like they will have 3 20,000+ attendances this year (Warriors, Broncos, probably Dragons) yet they haven't cracked 10k since April.

the more people attend live at these big games .. the more often they'll come
if they enjoy the experience without completely understanding all of whats going on .. & they should enjoy the game as the Storm are a fine team & the Broncos & Dragons will give them a real contest ... & they may be more inclined to come to " Lesser " games in the future

Melbourne is full of fans who are continually let down by pathetic AFL sides who are victims of the AFL system & look like never getting out of the doldrums .. some may want to follow a winning team occasionally & the Storm .. more then Victory FC & far more then those plodders .. the Rebels .. The Storm can be this team.

azza29

Juniors

I don't know if there's much of a bandwagon, the team are doing well and still struggling with attendance.

Warriors and Broncos matches bring out a lot of locals who hail from NZ/QLD - same reason there were more Essendon than Brisbane supporters at their clash at the Gabba in May.

The introduction of the Rebels and having 8 home games during the Super Rugby season definitely put a cap on the number of casual fans who attended (a lot of Victorians don't care about the whole league/union divide, they will just go see rugby in whatever form).

Perth Red

Post Whore
The introduction of the Rebels and having 8 home games during the Super Rugby season definitely put a cap on the number of casual fans who attended (a lot of Victorians don't care about the whole league/union divide, they will just go see rugby in whatever form).

So how do you explain the fact the Storm's avg is higher this year than the previous 5 years (skiping last years occurences) when the Rebels were not around?

2011 12,422
2005 8,898

People seem to be under the misapprehension that the Storm's fanbase isn't growing?

docbrown

Coach
People seem to be under the misapprehension that the Storm's fanbase isn't growing?

Honestly if Storm work at their memeberships, they'll be drawing 15k+ soon now they have a rugby league suited ground. Within 10 years they could be one of the top drawing teams.

They've got 90,000 FB fans and Rugby League games can draw 300,000+ on TV. Survey marketing indicates they have an 'interested' base of 1,000,000+.

The issue is getting fans of AFL who support the Storm as a 2nd team to get to games more often.

With support and time they will make a place for themselves.

Raiderdave

First Grade
For tonights game at Homebush

I just hope people realise that ANZ is one ground that has adequate cover from the rain

the drip line in the lower bowl has about half the 40K seats well under cover

I recall a Monday night game a few years back between Souths & the Bulldogs drawing over 30K on a night with very very heavy rain
most stayed dry though by staying up the back past the drip line

its miserable yes & coolish
but the Dogs are desperate .. so are Parra
they are massive rivals .... & closely matched

I think we can still get a decent crowd tonight

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Not confident at all about tonight at ANZ. Looks like the Melbourne crowd could be larger than Sydney's...

Brutus

Referee
Very interested to see the Storm crowd tonight.

I really hope it's going to be closer to 30k than 20k.

Raiderdave

First Grade
unfortunately, i think we're gonna have to settle for about 14k for tonight's game at ANZ imo

weather is horrible!

they're giving away 10K tickets
if only half of these turn up

you seriously think only 9K members will turn up from both clubs
so about a 3rd of all their members combined..

this isn't Souths .. or the Roosters you know ;-)

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I don't think Parra members get in for free tonight, since its a dogs home game. I know there are still a lot of undercover seats at ANZ but i don't think people are going to want to travel out to the ground in these conditions.

I can't see it getting near 20K.

Goddo

Bench
Storm v Broncos 25k
Bulldogs v Eels 17k - rain will kill it
Titans v Cowboys 13k
Sharks v Knights 11k
Tigers v Roosters 15k
Panthers v Sea Eagles 13k
Rabbitohs v Warriors 11k
Raiders v Dragons 16k

user_nat

Coach
Has Melbourne ever had the biggest crowd of the week before?

edit: Decided to go look into this myself. Yes they have. Last year in R9 with 20k against Brisbane. Was only 4 games that week though.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think Parra members get in for free tonight, since its a dogs home game. I know there are still a lot of undercover seats at ANZ but i don't think people are going to want to travel out to the ground in these conditions.

Incorrect - South Sydney, Parramatta and Canterbury members are all entitled to entry at any game involving 2 of those teams (i.e. Souths v Dogs, Dogs v Eels, Eels v Dogs, Eels v Souths, Dogs v Souths, Souths v Eels).

Status
Not open for further replies.