What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Looks like both crowds are going to be well below expectations. Dragons vs tigers playing in this sort of form, in this sort of weather building up to the finals should draw a much bigger crowd.

user_nat

Coach
I just counted. 39 people at ANZ.

Bulldogs average has tanked lately. Which is disappointing because it started really good.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So was our sub 10k game against the Sharks.

Some shit estimates here./\

Tigers v Dragons - 27k
Dogs v Cows - 14k
Storm v Panthers - 11k
Broncos v Warriors 35k
Sharks v Titans 8k
Knights v Raiders 21k
Eagles v Roosters 14k
Rabbits v Eels 23k
Total: 153k, Avg: 19.1k
BunniesMan called it. BunniesMan is a genius.
That is just horrible.
Noone in Sydney wants to watch the Cowboys. Especially with a blockbuster down the road.

People keep laughing about it but Sydney derbys are crucial for the strength of our crowds. Noone cares about a game against a team in another corner of the country.

hutch

First Grade
Shows what a joke it is to have 2 my matches in Sydney on a Friday night and how we need to take control of our scheduling!

DC_fan

Coach
Tonight we had one poor crowd (SFS) and one dreadfull crowd (ANZ).

A game between the Dragons and Tigers should have drew at least 35,000. Especially when you take in to account all the publicity the game has recieved all week.

I know the Bulldogs were playing an out of Sydney team and this would not have helped, but they should have got a bigger crowd.

Only around 5 regular season games in Sydney have cracked 35k since 2000. Whilst this was a big game (and got a big crowd because of it), there is no way it was one of the 5 biggest since 2000. The Tigers/Eels game 2 years ago got around 35k, with both sides on long winning streaks and Marshall and Hayne both in dazzling form. Here you had one team on a 4 game winning streak sitting 8th against one on a 2 game losing streak sitting 5th. The 27k is still a great crowd and anybody saying different has ridiculous expectations.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Form is definitely a crowd-attractor... had the Dragons been winning I have no doubt the crowd would've been much bigger. Same goes for Canterbury.

That said, tonight's game is a perfect argument for us holding 3 or 4 home games (against lesser sides) at Belmore when it's ready.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Form is definitely a crowd-attractor... had the Dragons been winning I have no doubt the crowd would've been much bigger. Same goes for Canterbury.

That said, tonight's game is a perfect argument for us holding 3 or 4 home games (against lesser sides) at Belmore when it's ready

agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts