What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Yes, so would I. It sounded like it was 50/50 from the TV, would interesting to hear what people who attended have to say about it.

which shows teams outside of Sydney have more fans, if you took out the travelling fan element of teh Sydney crowds hopw many "home" team fans would there be?

Are the reds assured 20k plus members then.

It is alot easier to get from any given place in Canberra, Newcastle, Townsville and arguably Melbourne (given the public transport infrastructure) than it is from some areas of Sydney to a fixture across town.

Plus, even with the bad year they had crowd wise, Brisbane really propped up the non-sydney teams crowds

These are nothing stats

smithie

Juniors
Yes, so would I. It sounded like it was 50/50 from the TV, would interesting to hear what people who attended have to say about it.

I was there Saturday night and I was shocked how many kiwis were in the crowd, they were frickin everywhere. I think a lot of them watched the Bledisloe Cup at the Caxton and strolled down to Suncorp afterwards.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
So does this satisfy RaiderDave or are we still below your expectations ?

below .... & even before reading the comments from people on here saying how many Warriors fans were there
probably less then 30K Broncos fans there which is disgraceful

for such an historic encounter involving their so called beloved Leader ... against a team going quite well
in good weather
its a B- for his crowd
had to be 40K+ to be even reasonable

but its no longer surprising
All of the QLD teams have had crowds ranging from woeful to ordinary all year
not one has had anyone say .... WOW :shock:.. what a great turnout

every QLD crowd in 2011 has been a let down
2 games to go Broncos .... & maybe a final
pull your finger out & get to the games :?

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Dave how come the Raiders crowds are so poor given you are a one town team?

lots of factors , poor results mainly ... but also we're a small market that has a competitor in the Brumbies sharing that small market ... Newcastle . & Townsville Wollongong etc don't have competition from other codes ... our weather conditions are unique to us ... no other side in any code in Australia
( even the brumbies play most of their games in the warmer months )
plays most of their games in weather like ours

but even allowing for all of this ... we haven't drawn a crowd under 10K this year ... we've never done that before
Memberships are at record levels .. 10K

considering our performances this year
an Average of 13K is more then acceptable

Perth Red

Post Whore
Always seemed to me like you need an English style ground in Canberra to keep the weather out! Your ground seems very exposed for such a cold place!

Snappy

Coach
below .... & even before reading the comments from people on here saying how many Warriors fans were there
probably less then 30K Broncos fans there which is disgraceful

for such an historic encounter involving their so called beloved Leader ... against a team going quite well
in good weather
its a B- for his crowd
had to be 40K+ to be even reasonable

but its no longer surprising
All of the QLD teams have had crowds ranging from woeful to ordinary all year
not one has had anyone say .... WOW :shock:.. what a great turnout

every QLD crowd in 2011 has been a let down
2 games to go Broncos .... & maybe a final
pull your finger out & get to the games :?

:roll:

Snappy

Coach
lots of factors , poor results mainly ... but also we're a small market that has a competitor in the Brumbies sharing that small market ... Newcastle . & Townsville Wollongong etc don't have competition from other codes ... our weather conditions are unique to us ... no other side in any code in Australia
( even the brumbies play most of their games in the warmer months )
plays most of their games in weather like ours

but even allowing for all of this ... we haven't drawn a crowd under 10K this year ... we've never done that before
Memberships are at record levels .. 10K

considering our performances this year
an Average of 13K is more then acceptable

Yet when Qld fans list reasons such as natural disasters, weather/rain on game day ect, you tell us to quit with the excuses.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Always seemed to me like you need an English style ground in Canberra to keep the weather out! Your ground seems very exposed for such a cold place!

already plans in place to put a clear roof & sides over the place
will still be a bit frigid inside .. but no wind & no rain will make it a lot better

Raiderdave

First Grade
Yet when Qld fans list reasons such as natural disasters, weather/rain on game day ect, you tell us to quit with the excuses.

ours are legit
a natural disaster that occured 6 months ago .. is an excuse at the time
not 6 months later
like I've said people are hurting money wise all ova Australia & are still getting to the footy
Qlders have gotten lazy & fickle

and what friggin rain:?
its rained once or twice all year in townsville for an NRL game
about twice for the Broncos too & I don't think the Titans have had a wet game you muppet

& even when it rains up there its still 15c

try going to a game when it rains & its 1.5c with a howling breeze straight off the snow
you peanuts wouldn't know what adverse weather is :roll:

enough with .... " lame " excuses
get off yr butts & to the footy already ;-)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Come on Cowboys and Broncos fans, snap up those remaining tickets!

Will be great to see a sell out up there.

beave

Coach
ours are legit
not 6 months later
like I've said people are hurting money wise all ova Australia & are still getting to the footy

about twice for the Broncos too & I don't think the Titans have had a wet game you muppet

try going to a game when it rains & its 1.5c with a howling breeze straight off the snow

There's people further north of here whom have no house or an income because their crops were destroyed you f**king spastic, how the hell are they meant to travel to a game without any cash?? I am sick of having to explain it over and over again, we've had good crowds since day dot, maybe if some of you took your head out of your ass you may realize this.......

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
Raiderdave, have you ever been affected by a natural disaster ? I have in 2008 and had a house destroyed. I still havent fully recovered financially. You have no f**king idea, and you have the hide to call me a muppet.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
ours are legit
not 6 months later

Raiderdave - you are an absolute moron. You have no idea what the floods and Cyclone actually did to Brisbane and QLD.

Look at a map. The floods that ripped through south-east queensland affected areas such as Toowoomba, Ipswich and the Lockyer Valley which are major supporter bases for the Broncos. Also Brisbane suburbs such as Goodna, Rocklea, Graceville, Chelmer and Indooroopilly (JUST TO NAME A FEW) are key rugby league suburbs. These people lost everything, and still even with terrible weather (5 games have rained on the day or during the game) manage to suport the broncos as much as they can. Id love to see how many canberra fans would attend a game after having one of if not the worst natural disaster to rip through theyre beloved city.

I have been following these threads for atleast 2 years, and am shocked by the stupidity that you have shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts