What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Season comparison after R.7 for the past three seasons

2011 981,242 (total) 17,522 (average)
2010 993,962 17,749
2009 980,751 17,513

Crowds this season are down 1.3 percent on last year. But are up 0.05 percent on 2009.
You're 1,000 short by my count?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Impressed by both crowds. Had low expectations about the roosters v dragons game given the poor weather, makes u think if it were a good day then 40k was achievable. Looking at shots of Melbourne game i thought 25K+ for sure but the reported figure is still good IMO

LESStar58

Referee
I don't think many AFL fans from the MCG turned up.

The crowd was a see of purple and Kiwis.

The was a smattering of them so black and red and black and white would probably get swamped by purple and predominately black jerseys.

brad_19

Juniors
The breakdown of AAMI Park capacity is as follows -

Lower -

North - 5903
South - 5689
East - 3414
West - 3494

Upper -

East - 5015
West - 4968

Dining - 1137

Suites - 432

Total - 30,052

Given the capacity, and having attended the match tonight, I would say the levels had the following breakdown

North - 5200
South - 5100
East Lower - 2500
West Lower - 2800
East Upper - 4300
West Upper - 3500
Dining - 500??
Suites - 300??

Gives a total of 24,200, but obviously this is pure estimation. For the record, I sat North end about 5 rows from the front.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I saw quite a few people in red and black, presume they are an AFL teams colours? ( or did the CC Bears fans have a weekend away :) )

armchaircritic

Juniors
Was at the game Storm vs War game. The top level on the west hand side was empty at kick off. By half time the stand was 3/4 full. They let the GA tickets up that side as the ends were packed well before kick off. 223XX - I thought it was at least 25K+. (30500 capacity).

On a side note: So happy to see the boys hold out that second half.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Seems to be a common theme at AAMI Park, the stadium always seems to look much more full than it actually is. I thought it was 25K for sure - i don't see where an extra 7K could of fit in.

I'm not sure if it has been miscounted, i remember Melbourne Victory having similar issues with their crowds at the stadium.

armchaircritic

Juniors
Seems to be a common theme at AAMI Park, the stadium always seems to look much more full than it actually is. I thought it was 25K for sure - i don't see where an extra 7K could of fit in.

I'm not sure if it has been miscounted, i remember Melbourne Victory having similar issues with their crowds at the stadium.

The only way 7k could get in was the top level western stand & the corporate boxes near the try lines which were empty

dogz08

First Grade
Broncos v Bulldogs 34k
Souths v Sharks 10k
Titans v Roosters 15k
Storm v Knights 13k
Cowboys v Eagles 20k
Warriors v Panthers 15k
Raiders v Tigers 11k
Dragons v Eels 18k

Will the wedding keep some people away?

Moffo

Referee
Broncos v Bulldogs 34k
Souths v Sharks 10k
Titans v Roosters 15k
Storm v Knights 13k
Cowboys v Eagles 20k
Warriors v Panthers 15k
Raiders v Tigers 11k
Dragons v Eels 18k

It'll keep me away

babyg

Juniors
Broncos v Bulldogs 34k
Souths v Sharks 10k
Titans v Roosters 15k
Storm v Knights 13k
Cowboys v Eagles 20k
Warriors v Panthers 15k
Raiders v Tigers 11k
Dragons v Eels 18k

I think the opposite. I reckon most men will be thinking how they can avoid that nonsense. Night at the footy sounds like a great idea.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Broncos V Bulldogs 35K
Souths V Sharks 15K
Cowboys V Manly 20K
Titans V Roosters 15K
Melb V Knights 14K
Raiders V Tigers 15K
Warriors V Penrith 15K
Dragons V Parramatta 18.5K ( sellout)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Interesting to see what the Cowboys get this week. After a few years they finally have a team that is playing good consistent footy. They are up against another quality side in Manly. The game is also on at their preferred timeslot.

Surely the Broncos can hit 40k based on current form and some healthy Dogs support in SE QLD?

beave

Coach
fingers crossed for a 20k up here, but I think it will get about 18k in all honesty.

The build up will be good, both teams in form, Saturday night game. I wonder is school holidays will effect the crowd numbers, though you would hope most locals would be back in town by Saturday and the out of towners still have a day to get home after the game to get the kids back to school.

beave

Coach
yes!!!!

hopefully it is fixed because this day and age that sort of shit in highly amateur, especially after 5 weeks of the problem being known about.

BDGS

Bench
fingers crossed for a 20k up here, but I think it will get about 18k in all honesty.

The build up will be good, both teams in form, Saturday night game. I wonder is school holidays will effect the crowd numbers, though you would hope most locals would be back in town by Saturday and the out of towners still have a day to get home after the game to get the kids back to school.

Are those natural disasters still having an effect on the crowd numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts