What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
hard to say. The insurance companies are under the hammer at the moment with the amount of claims going on in the Yasi areas, it took Suncorp 2.5 months to get back to me about my garden shed being blown away and the damage it has caused to the house, that's how much they are under the pump.

Will take a few a few years for the areas around Cardwell, Tully and Mission Beach to get back on their feet. You take one industry away for a while and the whole community suffers, flow on effect and all. People from up that way probably don't have a lot of disposable income at the moment to be spending on driving 2-3 hours to TVL and all the associated costs of footy weekend in the 'big smoke'. Probably easier for them to go to the pub and watch it on the box. That's if their pub is still standing........

dragondad

First Grade
Broncos v Bulldogs 34k
Souths v Sharks 10k
Titans v Roosters 15k
Storm v Knights 13k
Cowboys v Eagles 20k
Warriors v Panthers 15k
Raiders v Tigers 11k
Dragons v Eels 19k

CC_Roosters

First Grade
anything less than 40k in the self proclaimed capital of RL is a disgrace.

Broncos V Bulldogs 41k
Souths V Sharks 14.5k
Titans V Roosters 16k
Storm V Knights 14k
Cowboys V Scum eagles 18k
Warriors V Panthers 13.5k
Raiders V Wests 11k
Dragons V Eels 18k

What will the capicity be at kogorah with the upgraded stand?

Red Bear

Referee
What, the 35K at the Easts - Dragons game, biggest Sydney crowd of the season? Or near 20K against an out of NSW side, (which would be close to biggest against a non-NSW side this season I would also suspect). Yeah shithouse crowds, moron.

BDGS

Bench
What, the 35K at the Easts - Dragons game, biggest Sydney crowd of the season? Or near 20K against an out of NSW side, (which would be close to biggest against a non-NSW side this season I would also suspect). Yeah shithouse crowds, moron.

ANZAC game deserved a full house, the Friday night game was the blockbuster good friday game between team 2 and one of the Sydney clubs that has a larger fan base then most Sydney teams. A below 20k crowd was disappointing.

Red Bear

Referee
Yesterdays crowd was excellent in shithouse conditions. It would not get a bigger crowd elsewhere. It would not go close to that at ANZ stadium.

SFS is the best rugby league stadium in Sydney. Crowds being larger at ANZ is due to the popularity of clubs playing there (Canterbury, big Parra games, Souths) vs SFS (Easts, 3-4 Tigers games). Souths and Tigers swapped round you'd get a better indication BDGS (or is that Storm Fan?)

BDGS

Bench
Yesterdays crowd was excellent in shithouse conditions. It would not get a bigger crowd elsewhere. It would not go close to that at ANZ stadium.

Who mentioned ANZ Stadium?

SFS is the best rugby league stadium in Sydney.

That's just your opinion.

Crowds being larger at ANZ is due to the popularity of clubs playing there (Canterbury, big Parra games, Souths) vs SFS (Easts, 3-4 Tigers games).

Perhaps, or perhaps those team get bigger crowds because they play at ANZ Stadium and not other grounds.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=381570

Teams that now play at ANZ Stadium crowds have increased compared to the Roosters who has just remained the same. Tigers crowds are up but they play everywhere.

But i still don't understand why you brought up ANZ stadium at all.

Souths and Tigers swapped round you'd get a better indication BDGS (or is that Storm Fan?)

Interesting to note that South Crowds have increased since the move.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=381570

Red Bear

Referee
Because ANZ is the only alternative large, modern ground in RL. You go on about the SFS yet ANZ, the alternative, is a shit ground that benifits from having two of the 5 biggest clubs in Sydney playing out of it, and occasional games from one of the other big teams. The football stadium has regular games from Easts, who'd be above Penrith Cronulla and roughly equal with Manly in terms of size and just three games from the Tigers.

Souths crowds increasing is also partly to do with a much bigger membership campaign and with a better onfield side compared with the SFS days.

Your blind dislike of the SFS is somewhat ridiculous and takes in absolutely no view of the mitigating factors storm fan.

BDGS

Bench
The Dogs souths game deserved a full house, but a moron on a forum saying so doesn't make it happen.

I didn't think the dogs/souths game deserved a full house. In saying that the turn out of the Souths fans was disappointing. But to suggest the Dogs/Souths game deserved 85,000 people to attend that game is moronic.

But to expect 45k to show up to an traditional game played between last years two grand finalist on ANZAC day, it not an 'out there' expectation.

EDIT: I've just found out that our highest attendance ever at the SFS is only 41,260. There that game deserve to get higher then 40k.

Pretty disappointing that the A-leagues highest crowd at the SFS is higher then our highest.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
This is what the picture should of looked like on ANZAC day.

aussie1.jpg

Red Bear

Referee
was yesterdays crowd not a record for anzac day matches? why do you expect crowds to double in a year?
just below 36K last year think, but as far as i can see the third biggest regular season crowd between easts/Sydney Roosters and St George/St George Illawarra in 90 years of rugby league. Those three crowds have all been in the last two seasons. We're improving and it's good to see

BDGS

Bench
BDGS, what don't you like about the SFS?

I believe if the world class stadium was easier accessible by public transport crowds would increase by a significant number. While its current location is great for the locals, anybody having to travelling from around about Parramatta or further out to get to the SFS ... it's no easy feet if they are restricted to only trains as their only mode of transportation.

While for guys like me this is not a problem, i think crowds for teams who play at the SFS against teams like the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers, Parramatta Eels and the Canterbury Bulldogs would be larger if families could access the ground easier via public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts