What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbrown

Coach
30,583 at Suncorp Stadium
9,263 at ANZ Stadium.

outhouse.gif

Big Pete

Referee
Crowds have been pretty disappointing in Brissie lately - has the bubble burst? Were fans disappointed with 2010? Or have the floods impacted on numbers?

Such a shame, the Dogs tend to be a great draw up here.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
How many ticketed members do Souths have again?

Rain has been terrible this year, its very frustrating.

Blame the la nina event! It seems like more games than not have been rain effected. That said it would be good if people bothered as there is plenty of covered seating which goes unused at the bigger grounds. ANZ tonight being a prime example

ozjet1

30,583 at Suncorp Stadium
9,263 at ANZ Stadium.

28,081 @ SCG.

the softer game has harder supporters..........and it was live on tele.

What's the excuse for Souths and Cronulla fans? Cant even blame the telecast as it's delayed by 3 hrs. Looks abysmal on tele. I'm losing the Cronulla players in the background of the seats.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
28,081 @ SCG.

the softer game has harder supporters..........and it was live on tele.

What's the excuse for Souths and Cronulla fans? Cant even blame the telecast as it's delayed by 3 hrs. Looks abysmal on tele. I'm losing the Cronulla players in the background of the seats.

Why do people compare Swans crowds to NRL?

The Swans crowds should be compared to the Broncos - one team town out of the centre of the sport's universe where they only get 12 opportunities each year to see their team.

NRL fans are spoiled for choice - while I think tonight's crowd was disgraceful, I can't blame people for not wanting to watch what shaped up as one of the potentially worst games of the year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The other thing about the Swans, they're now 0-2 at the SCG this season, I wouldn't be surprised if their crowds take a swan dive, so to speak

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Where are all the Souths Ticketed fans lol, they always get very average crowds, which proves the club with most members will not have the best attendance!

ozjet1

Why do people compare Swans crowds to NRL?

The Swans crowds should be compared to the Broncos - one team town out of the centre of the sport's universe where they only get 12 opportunities each year to see their team.

NRL fans are spoiled for choice - while I think tonight's crowd was disgraceful, I can't blame people for not wanting to watch what shaped up as one of the potentially worst games of the year.

brisbane? they only have 1 rugby league team and it's heartland. they should be at capacity every f**king week.

the swanettes should actually be compared to the storm as melbourne are dealing with similar external industry conditions as sydney, just the other way around. and they still do better, albeit, with an 18 yr headstart. and if you want to continue the comparisons further, there is no way a match between 2 melbourne teams would attract sub-10k these days, no matter where the 2 teams are on the table.

but that's 2 (i think) SCG home games for them, 2 abysmal nights, and 2 decent crowds. they probably wouldve got above 30k for both on decent nights.

and while im watching this........souths going nowhere despite the win. mortgaged their future on this season and dont look like improving beyond a 12th-16th standard team.

some11

Referee
Crowds have been pretty disappointing in Brissie lately - has the bubble burst? Were fans disappointed with 2010? Or have the floods impacted on numbers?

Such a shame, the Dogs tend to be a great draw up here.

I don't get it either, it should have been around 40k.

Seems every game I go to I'm disappointed at the crowd.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
the swanettes should actually be compared to the storm as melbourne are dealing with similar external industry conditions as sydney, just the other way around. and they still do better, albeit, with an 18 yr headstart. and if you want to.

Bullshit.

The Storm would kill for half the publicity and promotion the Swans get in Sydney.

ozjet1

Bullshit.

The Storm would kill for half the publicity and promotion the Swans get in Sydney.

similar number of teams in the afl in melbourne as their are nrl teams in sydney. storm and swans on their own. similar industry conditions.

if you're going to harp on about media exposure etc, then NRL should do a better job with tv rights as the afl have done with theirs over the last 5 yrs, as well as other aspects the nrl can control to give the game an advantage. the half owner of the game owns the highest circulating newspaper down there. or is this going to be another poor old rugby league gets the rough treatment scenario?

Danish

Referee
The number of souths ticketed members must surely be questioned after tonight.

5000+ paying members not showing up seems a tad bit ridiculous, rain of no rain

Status
Not open for further replies.