What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithie

Juniors
The NRL really need to make an arrangement with NSW transport to have public transport included in the ticket price, like we have up here in QLD. This Saturday I will be attending the Roosters vs. Titans match which includes my free train ride from Brisbane to Robina and back again.

ouwet

Bench
Lets do a comparison.
SFS is easier to get to from:
-East Sydney
-South Sydney
-St George
-Shire
-Northern beaches
-City
-North shore

ANZ is easier to get to from
-Western Sydney
-South West
-North West

hmm

I work in North Sydney and I find getting to ANZ easier then the SFS on friday nights! Train goes express to Lidcombe then walk across platform to Olympic Park train! To SFS catch train to Central... Get out of station altogether and catch Bus (Which i hate) to ground in traffic and standing most of the time!!! But anyways who cares... Homebush is the home of RL these days and the SFS isn't!

gutterfax

First Grade
Seriously, if you want to go to the footy bad enough and you love your team you will get there regardless.
:thumb
People in sydney shouldn't be whinging about access to any stadium.....let's be totally honest, there is no ground that is impossible to get to.

Agreed. On my first visit to Sydney I worked out that you can get to pretty much all grounds in good time......whether by train, bus, ferry or car.

I don't get the excuses that are rolled out for people not attending games. A RL fan will get there if they can.

As for the argument regarding those with kids/families.....like any family trip...to the cinema, theatre, Zoo etc....a certain amount of forward planning helps. If you drive, then yes, one of the adults won't have a beer, but otherwise, plan your trip.

I can honestly say that if I lived in Sydney (and if I could afford it) I would have been at Manly last friday, the Bulldogs on Saturday (maybe even the first half of the sharks before that), Eeels on Sunday and Roosters on Monday.....the wife would have to just get used to seeing me midweek:crazy::crazy:

Red Bear

Referee
I work in North Sydney and I find getting to ANZ easier then the SFS on friday nights! Train goes express to Lidcombe then walk across platform to Olympic Park train! To SFS catch train to Central... Get out of station altogether and catch Bus (Which i hate) to ground in traffic and standing most of the time!!! But anyways who cares... Homebush is the home of RL these days and the SFS isn't!
You could just walk up the road, that wont kill you!

BDGS

Bench
Car only hold 5 people, i'm talking up upping crowds by getting a higher away crowd to games. of coruse people will travel further to watch their team at home.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL really need to make an arrangement with NSW transport to have public transport included in the ticket price, like we have up here in QLD. This Saturday I will be attending the Roosters vs. Titans match which includes my free train ride from Brisbane to Robina and back again.

I think NSW is the only Govt that doesn't do this. ridiculous!

RWB

Bench
I don't see why a light rail to Moore Park would be even remotely helpful. There's already a bus service on game day. It's 1 extra transport link either way.
If they put light rail down Parramatta Rd like they've been talking about it would increase the crowd ten fold. Switching from train to bus can be a hassle on a busy night and the cost puts a lot of people off not to mention a lot of people don't even know about it.

If that goes through and they do something about the parking it'll be streets ahead of every other stadium in NSW.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can honestly say that if I lived in Sydney (and if I could afford it) I would have been at Manly last friday, the Bulldogs on Saturday (maybe even the first half of the sharks before that), Eeels on Sunday and Roosters on Monday.....the wife would have to just get used to seeing me midweek:crazy::crazy:

I personally went to Manly on Friday and the Bulldogs on Saturday. Three of my friends I went with then went to Sunday and Monday matches... people who love their footy enough will do so.

dragondad

First Grade
People complaining about a bus from central to SFS? Seriously?

It's not far and there's some great pubs along the way.

Red Bear

Referee
people are pretty shit/soft dragondad

Timmah, not everyone can afford/has the time to do go to two games a week

adamkungl

Immortal
If they put light rail down Parramatta Rd like they've been talking about it would increase the crowd ten fold. Switching from train to bus can be a hassle on a busy night and the cost puts a lot of people off not to mention a lot of people don't even know about it.

If that goes through and they do something about the parking it'll be streets ahead of every other stadium in NSW.

Won't you have to switch from train to tram...what's the difference?

RWB

Bench
Won't you have to switch from train to tram...what's the difference?

Depends where you're traveling from, it's a bit of a pipe dream I think but if the light rail continued on into Moore Park (which is likely) it'd be so much more practical and would cut costs significantly.

Timmah

Staff member
people are pretty shit/soft dragondad

Timmah, not everyone can afford/has the time to do go to two games a week

WTF? That's the point I've been making FOREVER. People like myself, and like many on this forum will hammer away at going to as many games as possible. What I've said relentlessly is that a good 50+% of NRL fans aren't that devoted and will consider a range of factors before spending their hard earned on a game.

H.H

Juniors
Broncos v Bulldogs 40k
Souths v Sharks 12k
Titans v Roosters 15k
Storm v Knights 13k
Cowboys v Eagles 18k
Warriors v Panthers 13k
Raiders v Tigers 12k
Dragons v Eels 16k

139k at an average of just over 17k a game.

Thank god for the Brisbane game. Pretty miserable looking the rest of it.

fanatique

Juniors
There is some bizarre stuff on this thread about transport etc.

Look its as simple as this...if a person wants to go to a game he goes. If he doesn't want to go he doesn't go.

Timmah

Staff member
Really? I think your sentence encapsulates the short sightedness people (and even marketers) have on this.

"He" ?

I'll give you the tip - while this forum may be male dominated by blokes passionate about their footy, I can guarantee you there are thousands of passionate women out there who love their footy as well, in addition to whole families. And they make up a good portion of our crowds. If you think we don't need to make it more attractive both financially and transportationally (not a word but you know what I mean)... then you've got rocks in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.