What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Given the amount of advertising done for the swans game, i am surprised it didn't get more, every other radio advert was get lifted by the swans.... plus it was on FTA and pay tv repeatedly for a week. They must have a massive marketing budget or is it all provided by AFL HQ. All 3 swans crowds are under their average from last year, rain or not they are still down.

I look forward to the day when the NRL and clubs have a decent marketing budget, it is the one thing that can really influence crowds for the better.

Pigskin

Juniors
Broncos vs Storm is a big grudge match on the field, hardly inspiring crowd wise though ... dunno what planet you live in on Raiderdave ... will be lucky to get 30k again next week

and being on a Saturday night, which is our least preferred timeslot bar Monday night ... no chance of a big crowd

Oink !

Jason Maher

Immortal
Has the NRL ever bothered to make it a priority to lift crowd numbers? Individual clubs should be doing more in terms of promotion, but a bit of help from HQ would not go astray.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
15,177 at Skilled. Honestly i thought it looked 13k.

Cowboys looks decent, they can't misreport this one surely

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
So what you are saying is that the AFL "gets smashed" by another code in ratings yet bizarrely the media have a "love affair" with this failing sport and hand out "free publicity" whereas a rating winner like NRL is ignored by a business that lives and dies on ratings?

Haha, you think the ABC 'live and die' on ratings, and that 7 and 10 don't give free publicity to the sport they own. Haha, you're geniused.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Last start loss wouldn't have helped.

This i don't get. A single loss in this comp and it seems to turn people away, even a single injury seems to discourage. Supporters need to man up and get to the games, when your team is up against it is when they need the fans there!

Cletus

First Grade
Given the amount of advertising done for the swans game, i am surprised it didn't get more, every other radio advert was get lifted by the swans.... plus it was on FTA and pay tv repeatedly for a week. They must have a massive marketing budget or is it all provided by AFL HQ. All 3 swans crowds are under their average from last year, rain or not they are still down.

I look forward to the day when the NRL and clubs have a decent marketing budget, it is the one thing that can really influence crowds for the better.

It's part of the contra from the last deal, free ads for the Swans on Ten and Seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.