What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo

Bench
Terrible. I genuinely thought the Storm would average 20,000+ once they moved to a decent stadium. We can thank Gallop that they haven't...

Yes, the NRL set up the Storm salary cap breach to bring them down a few knotches because, even though there has been a $100m investment in the Storm, the NRL is desperate to kill the club off...

You are an idiot. The Storm are reaping what they sowed.

That said, given time the crowds will come back. They were building nicely until their cheating was exposed. They will do so again.

If anything, RL fans should be angry with the Storm for putting the hard work of recent years in Melbourne back a few years.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Hasn't stopped pouring at my place since about 8pm and rained heavy on and off all day. I am about 18km from Kogarah.

Going to be a tough day at the Footy if this keeps up for those that don't have grandstand seats (I do).
I can see this crowd suffering majorly to be honest - a real bugger given its our first 'real' home game tomorrow and most of us have been looking forward to it since October.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Just checked and it's 15.9 km's driving and I'm much closer as the crow flies. May need to wear gum boots tomorrow

Didgi

We'll have Beaves in soon to give us a to-the-nearest-10 exact figure of how many were at DFS ;-)

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Weather will be good (not perfect) but certainly good enough to get a crowd in Sydney tomorrow. Even the afternoon should see some sunshine, and there may very well be no showers at all (especially after midday)

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
Yes, the NRL set up the Storm salary cap breach to bring them down a few knotches because, even though there has been a $100m investment in the Storm, the NRL is desperate to kill the club off...

You are an idiot. The Storm are reaping what they sowed.

That said, given time the crowds will come back. They were building nicely until their cheating was exposed. They will do so again.

If anything, RL fans should be angry with the Storm for putting the hard work of recent years in Melbourne back a few years.

Gallop - yes gallop, not the NRL - punished the players and the fans for the breach, not the people actually responsible. And it was a punishment far, far greater than the crime deserved. If I was a new fan to a code and I saw the doofus running it do something like that, I think I'd turn away too.

And where's this $100m investment? I'm pretty sure you'll find the NRL hasn't given any more money to the Storm than any other club. And don't tell me that News money=NRL money, unless you want to look like more of a genius than you already do.

And anyway, you support a team that was able to sign a world-class centre despite leading the comp and having plenty of rep players already on the book. Your time will come :lol:

Danish

Referee
Last year only 11k attended a Bulldogs v Tigers game at Stade de Oz played in similar conditions. I doubt that many teams would have attracted a decent crowd last night.

When 14000 or so have already paid for tickets you'd expect more to turn up.

beave

Coach
We'll have Beaves in soon to give us a to-the-nearest-10 exact figure of how many were at DFS ;-)

I don't know wether to take that as a compliment or a piss take??????....... ;-) I'll take it as the former Didg................

I went through a different gate tonight and I hit the little fruit at the gate up when I went through as to why my season ticket all of a sudden worked after 4 homes games of having to be scanned in on a generic paper ticket................. he 'matter of factly' informed me that the the earthquake at the last home game had 'messed up the cowboys ticket system on their computers in the Western Grandstand and they had since fixed it'............. I had a good laugh on the inside and then asked him why the season tickets hadn't been working in the 4-5 weeks prior to said 'earthquake' and he looked at me with a deer in the headlights look and didn't have an answer for the question.............. he was full of shit and got found out, the bloke behind me was pissing himself with laughter as well (it sounded like a stadiums QLD scripted answer that was memo'd out to all the uni students who were to be manning the gates)

Anyways, the crowd to me up here looked 15-16k so the posted crowd figure was pretty close as the crowd looked pretty much similar to the last home game. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an amendment of about 1k to the posted figure thanks to the earthquake a few weeks ago....................... anyone detect my sarcasm????

Raiderdave

First Grade
hahaha that NQ crowd is definitly not right, far bigger than the previous largest against the (titans?). Can add 3k ish to that one.

looked about same as the Raiders crowd .... of 15K ..
& I'd of thought they'd of fixed those issues with turnstiles by now

I dunno what Cowboy fans want
they have a team playing well for the firsttime in 5 years .. it was a sat nite ... weather was fine
shoulda been 20K :?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Broncos vs Storm is a big grudge match on the field, hardly inspiring crowd wise though ... dunno what planet you live in on Raiderdave ... will be lucky to get 30k again next week

and being on a Saturday night, which is our least preferred timeslot bar Monday night ... no chance of a big crowd

Oink !

so we had Qlders lecturing NSWmen on their small crowds ... & then when I suggest they shuddup & get a decent crowd to Suncorp ( for the only team in Brisbane , on top of the ladder & playing another top 3 side )

out come the excuses ....:roll:

oh its not our favourite night ....
oh its raining
oh ... we don't practice what we preach .... :sarcasm:

if Brisbane can't outdraw the big Sydney clash down here the week after next
( Bulldogs V Dragons at ANZ )
a top of the table game involving the only team from a City of 2 million .. up against .. another top of the table game.. but between a collection of Sydney's suburbs

then Bronco fans outa look at themselves before complaining about anyone elses crowds in future
otherwise they sorta look like dribblers

beave

Coach
looked about same as the Raiders crowd .... of 15K ..
& I'd of thought they'd of fixed those issues with turnstiles by now

I dunno what Cowboy fans want
they have a team playing well for the firsttime in 5 years .. it was a sat nite ... weather was fine
shoulda been 20K :?

I think a Raiders fan giving us curry over our crowds is pretty rich.............:roll:

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think a Raiders fan giving us curry over our crowds is pretty rich.............:roll:

nice try
If we'd won 6 games & had been playing Manly on a fine Sat night at home
we wouldn't have got 20K or near it ? :crazy:

if you guys had never had big turnouts in the past .. hell you use to get 20K when you were dead last playing Souths who were 2nd last

then we'd have no expectations of good support in relative terms
but you did
now you don't , even when you're playing like a top 4 side
what the hells going on up there ... & I think thats a fair question

Status
Not open for further replies.