What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleary89

Coach
Hill packed, northern terraces almost empty. Gate a machines not working, didnt even have to show a ticket to get in. Crowd will be a guess.

Brutus

Referee
Good old Kogarah.

Can't believe it's still an Oval.

Do they want to play AFL games there down the track or something?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Numerous broncos fans have been critical of Fridays crowd.

If you needed to have good crowds in order to express disappointment at others.. No one could say anything because the whole code is a little bit sad.

moreso . the Souths crowd from some bronco dribblers
I Simply said well buck up & parctice what you preach .. & get along to next Saturdays game ....its a corker in prospect

to which I got.... oh but its not our prefered night :?:roll:

paaaaleaassseee :crazy:

sad .... :lol:
the codes going fine
keeping pace with 2010... & plenty of big games coming up in the next few weeks
the weather has played a huge role in us being behind last years figures .. but only slightly
if the rain had kept away from about 33% of games played to date .. we'd be well infront

Raiderdave

First Grade
I suspect that not having fixed scheduling makes a difference to fans travelling as well. very difficult to plan to travel interstate when you dn;t know when the game is going to be.

This seasons crowds have been pretty underwhelming, especially as memberships are growing and we all hoped that mean alot less low crowds. Maybe we just have to accept that NRL isn't as popular as we all want it to be?

underwhelming ?:?
a third of all games played to date have been affected by wet weather
thats unheard of
& while you always get rain....we'd be infront of 2010 with a reasonable amount of fine skies

& as for the NRL not being popular :lol:...compared to who ?
the AFL & those spastics from Melbourne ?
33K watched that packs of oxygen thiefs ( the suns ) have 200 put on them today in Melbourne
they'd watch a turd dry based on this alone
people say their admirable supporting their team through anything .. I say they're sad
they have issues with their sanity , Sydney's League fans are far more discerning about wether as a team you are worthy of their support, you play good n have a crack .. they'll come out
we have some players on 500K in these teams , & they just don't put in ( the Raiders being a case in point ) so why cheer for these privledged overated nupties .. please don't compare us to nut cases from Melbourne.

culturally .. we are very different lots of supporter bases
popularity has nothing to do with it.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Great day at Kogarah, the new grandstand looks sensational, although there were still a few bays of seating left to be installed. Over 19K in there today.

There were still plenty of empty seats in the Northern terrace, and if the hill was desgnated as standing room only - as it should be, you could definitely fit 23K in there.

Too bad with the fun police nowadays it will never happen.

Didgi

I'm not an AFL fan by any stretch, but now we're ridiculing AFL fans for supporting their team? :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
underwhelming ?:?
a third of all games played to date have been affected by wet weather
thats unheard of
& while you always get rain....we'd be infront of 2010 with a reasonable amount of fine skies

& as for the NRL not being popular :lol:...compared to who ?
the AFL & those spastics from Melbourne ?
33K watched that packs of oxygen thiefs ( the suns ) have 200 put on them today in Melbourne
they'd watch a turd dry based on this alone
people say their admirable supporting their team through anything .. I say they're sad
they have issues with their sanity , Sydney's League fans are far more discerning about wether as a team you are worthy of their support, you play good n have a crack .. they'll come out
we have some players on 500K in these teams , & they just don't put in ( the Raiders being a case in point ) so why cheer for these privledged overated nupties .. please don't compare us to nut cases from Melbourne.

culturally .. we are very different lots of supporter bases
popularity has nothing to do with it.
look at this f**ken dribbler advocating fair weather fans. With the way your team is going I presume you're ripping up your membership as we speak?

Didgi

I don't know wether to take that as a compliment or a piss take??????....... ;-) I'll take it as the former Didg................

I went through a different gate tonight and I hit the little fruit at the gate up when I went through as to why my season ticket all of a sudden worked after 4 homes games of having to be scanned in on a generic paper ticket................. he 'matter of factly' informed me that the the earthquake at the last home game had 'messed up the cowboys ticket system on their computers in the Western Grandstand and they had since fixed it'............. I had a good laugh on the inside and then asked him why the season tickets hadn't been working in the 4-5 weeks prior to said 'earthquake' and he looked at me with a deer in the headlights look and didn't have an answer for the question.............. he was full of shit and got found out, the bloke behind me was pissing himself with laughter as well (it sounded like a stadiums QLD scripted answer that was memo'd out to all the uni students who were to be manning the gates)

Anyways, the crowd to me up here looked 15-16k so the posted crowd figure was pretty close as the crowd looked pretty much similar to the last home game. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an amendment of about 1k to the posted figure thanks to the earthquake a few weeks ago....................... anyone detect my sarcasm????

Definitely a piss take ;-) I joke, giving you a wrap on how accurate your feeling turned out to be a week or two ago.

Watching from home I thought (and I think commentators did too) that it was about 16.5-17.5k, either way, NSW fans giving us shit about poor crowds after everything that's happened so far up here, poor results for a couple of years, and, worse than that, the team really not putting in the effort, lack of away fans... we could go on for yonks, but really, we're still clocking better than a bunch of other teams.

And sarcasm definitely doesn't translate well in text :p

STG-MACCA

Bench
Very happy with Kogarah today, excellent turnout and great to see that we will be able to crack 20k and still be comfortable for the patrons on the hill.

23 / 24k is a real possibility now but doubt that they would ever allow it.

Parra seriously contributed less than 3k to the crowd if they are lucky and it's unbelievable that teams don't have supporters willing to travel within Sydney.

Also as noted above, the turnstiles on the new section of our stand were'nt functioning so I assume they had another method of counting. I don't think the crowd was far wrong though if at all. I really hope we can get over 15k next Sunday against the Cowboys and I think we will given the lack of Eels contribution today!

Teddyboy

First Grade
Very happy with Kogarah today, excellent turnout and great to see that we will be able to crack 20k and still be comfortable for the patrons on the hill.

23 / 24k is a real possibility now but doubt that they would ever allow it.

Parra seriously contributed less than 3k to the crowd if they are lucky and it's unbelievable that teams don't have supporters willing to travel within Sydney.

Also as noted above, the turnstiles on the new section of our stand were'nt functioning so I assume they had another method of counting. I don't think the crowd was far wrong though if at all. I really hope we can get over 15k next Sunday against the Cowboys and I think we will given the lack of Eels contribution today!

God i get 6 games of NRL a week we crap like the Bunnies v Sharks,dont get this one:x

DC_fan

Coach
Crowd comparison for the past three seasons

After R.8

2011 1,104,720 (Total) 17,261 (Average)
2010 1,149,052 17,953
2009 1,096,507 17.132

Crowds for this season are down 3.9 percent on last year. But are up .8 percent on 2009.

NRLMad

Juniors
This seasons crowds have been pretty underwhelming, especially as memberships are growing and we all hoped that mean alot less low crowds. Maybe we just have to accept that NRL isn't as popular as we all want it to be?

I think we're still pretty early in the season and it's terriblly cold in sydney. I think thew NRL needs to look at lobbying for a cover for the SFS & a light rail to the ground... crowds would be massive.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The broncos better get 40k next week. Brisbane folks do they advertise games much on tv/radio etc... or just let it sell itself?

DC_fan

Coach
I think we're still pretty early in the season and it's terriblly cold in sydney. I think thew NRL needs to look at lobbying for a cover for the SFS & a light rail to the ground... crowds would be massive.

While its been a little wet here in Sydney it certainly hasn't been cold. But it is still pretty early in the season.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I might have a go at crowds sometimes but i think one positive with Rugby League esp in Sydney will be the one off big events like the semi-finals,ANZAC and SCG games.I think that could grow as in the crowds, tv viewing and the number of games.

docbrown

Coach
Crowd comparison for the past three seasons

After R.8

2011 1,104,720 (Total) 17,261 (Average)
2010 1,149,052 17,953
2009 1,096,507 17.132

Crowds for this season are down 3.9 percent on last year. But are up .8 percent on 2009.

Well round 9 last year had 56,639 across the 4 games so to catch up 2010 they need 100,971 this round and I can't see that happening but it might get more than 57k to gain some ground.

Round 10 has some some promising match ups though -

Bulldogs vs Dragons
Rabbitohs vs Tigers
Cowboys vs Eels
Knights vs Warriors

However Round 10 last year was pretty big - 162,984 - so unless large crowds turns up to those 4 games I think we'll fall even further behind as the other games feature the Panthers/Raiders/Sharks and we're approaching the Origin dip from Rounds 11-17.

I think it will be how strong the attendances are during those origin rounds that will likely determine whether crowds go up or down this season.

That said there are some promising potentially large club games from Round 18 onwards.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
RD9 Predictions

Broncos V Storm 35k
Dragons V NQ 15k
Manly V Raiders 10k
Titans V NZ 15.5k

Total = 75,500 Av= 18,875

Status
Not open for further replies.