What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
f**k you're a whiney bitch. maybe people don't want to pay such a high price to sit behind the goaline. if they had them classified as GA as they should be they would have been packed.

now f**k off.

You obviously can't criticism well.

I will form into a more appropriate (or pro Dragons) way of thought.

Dragons are great, Dragons are brilliant, don't say negative things because our club is so good.

BDGS

Bench
Um, no - it's 2011 you imbecile.

Yes it is, i'm use to talking about expansion in 2013 is all. Still the point is made. Why would i be critically of past premiers perforamances of past seasons. We are living in the present.

Walking the walk? They weren't talking the talk to be required to do so.

Often do their supporters and at times their club always talk their numbers up. They have the biggest, oldest, longest Supporter group, they are the one of the most famous in the world, they are one of the biggest RL brands etc etc.

If they are gonna claim all of this, i have no problem. But when you play your first game at home after you have claimed all the trophies on offer and don't get a packed house that is very disappointing.

I'm not sweeping anything under the table. 19,000 at Kogarah, given previous crowds, is to be commended, not criticised. Next week when there's probably only 14k, go bonkers.

Next week is not the first home game of the NRL premiers and World Club champions.

Do I need to remind you that we have a capacity of 44,000 at our home ground most weeks? Plenty of thousands of empty seats at either end of the ground.

Are you kidding? What an outrageous statement.

Firstly, The Bulldogs are not the NRL premiers, the World Club premiers and we are do not posses the biggest supporters base or have their numbers in fans or supporters. We currently have no trophies of worth to boast about and are coming off a poor season compared to a team that just won the competition.

Not only is that an outrageous comparison already, but you compared two stadiums one of which holds 85k, 44k during the home and away season, to a ground that holds 22k. :-k

The NRL, even the premiers/world club champions, are not yet at the stage where sell-outs are a regular occurence. Nice thought though.

I agree, but special games like ... idk, perhaps first game at home for the season from one of the biggest supported, most famous, highest numbers, proud club that posses all the trophies should sell out.

ffs, Tigers v manly on the Central Coast sold out last year, and that had a hell of a lot less going for it then this match did have.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Biggest supporters group (not total supporters)? Check!
Longest running group? Check!
Highest ticketed membership? Check!
All the trophies? Check!

Most supporters? Any links to where this has ever been claimed?
I would say on a total number globally, we would be close for an NRL team, however when talking about metro Sydney, I would rank us about 4th, so hardly disappointing getting 20k today!

But this is a dick swinging contest I guess, so you must be right!

Mark Rudd

Juniors
19,319 @ Kogarah

I wonder what would've happened if the game had've been markerted by the clubs/nrl big time and played at ANZ?

50,000+

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe 'only' 35,000 might've turned up. Maybe 60,000 might have.

We'll never know because the NRL is 400 years behind other football codes in growing it's own code.

Brutus

Referee
I wonder what would've happened if the game had've been markerted by the clubs/nrl big time and played at ANZ?

50,000+

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe 'only' 35,000 might've turned up. Maybe 60,000 might have.

We'll never know because the NRL is 400 years behind other football codes in growing it's own code.

Parra v Saints was getting 20k at Kogarah back in the late 70's.

Nothing has changed it seems.

to_ddeath

Coach
If it had been played at ANZ, with Parras current form, you'd surely see around 35,000 EMPTY seats.....

T.

kurt faulk

Coach
Very happy with Kogarah today, excellent turnout and great to see that we will be able to crack 20k and still be comfortable for the patrons on the hill.

23 / 24k is a real possibility now but doubt that they would ever allow it.

Parra seriously contributed less than 3k to the crowd if they are lucky and it's unbelievable that teams don't have supporters willing to travel within Sydney.

Also as noted above, the turnstiles on the new section of our stand were'nt functioning so I assume they had another method of counting. I don't think the crowd was far wrong though if at all. I really hope we can get over 15k next Sunday against the Cowboys and I think we will given the lack of Eels contribution today!

to be honest i was wondering why the parra fans even bothered to turn up. this game was only ever going to be a glorified training run for the saints. as it turned out the parra fans didn't have a single instance to cheer for their team, apart from them running onto the field before the game started.

CMUX

What a load of crap. The ABC's love affair with AFL means a truck load of free publicity for them. Not to mention the promotion on 7 & 10, even SBS. With all that free publicity AFL should win the TV ratings by a mile but still gets smashed by NRL. AFL always gets better crowds but who cares? NRL will get a billion dollar deal for the next rights contract.

The poster you are replying to is 100% correct. The mere mention of AFL sends the majority of members on here into delirious ramblings. The AFL crowds are strong, it’s a fact and emulating them should be the NRL’s goal as I believe it has the potential to do so.

Ignoring the AFL is pointless as they are the competition and that will never change.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Sorry. I should've amended my post to say that the St George Dragons club is behind the times in growing it's own football club.

Hence why it is getting the same crowds that it used to in the 70's.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The St George Dragons ceased to exist as an NRL club in 1998.

Get with the times, then make comment on current events.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Warriors should draw well on the Gold Coast...Perhaps 18-19k for that game, hopefully there is a few that hang around from the Test match.

Dragons should at least get 17k as well, it looked 90% Dragons fans yesterday and most of them you would think will want to come back to watch that team play.

Hopefully good weather in Brisbane to come close to 40k.

BDGS

Bench
Biggest supporters group (not total supporters)? Check!
Longest running group? Check!
Highest ticketed membership? Check!
All the trophies? Check!

Most supporters? Any links to where this has ever been claimed?
I would say on a total number globally, we would be close for an NRL team, however when talking about metro Sydney, I would rank us about 4th, so hardly disappointing getting 20k today!

You didn't get 20k today, that's the problem.

For all those checks, should equal in at least a 20k crowd for first home game if not a sell out, you guys failed to 20k.

Lol f**k off. We waited 8 weeks to get a home game.

That's why i am disappointed with the below 20k crowd that showed up.

BDGS

Bench
Warriors should draw well on the Gold Coast...Perhaps 18-19k for that game, hopefully there is a few that hang around from the Test match.

Dragons should at least get 17k as well, it looked 90% Dragons fans yesterday and most of them you would think will want to come back to watch that team play.

Hopefully good weather in Brisbane to come close to 40k.

How many of those test/NRL double tickets have been sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.