What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
Shit crowd at Kogarah. First home game of the year for the premiers and didn't get over 20k even though they haven't had a home game in 8 weeks!!

very very disappointing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BDGS - are you honestly attacking the Dragons for getting a 19k crowd at Kogarah? :lol:

Having said that - their gates all broke down today from what I understand, they were ripping ticket stubs at the gates instead of scanning.

yakstorm

First Grade
One plus for us heading into Round 10 is there is the Knights v Warriors match, with the Knights hoping to have their 10,000 new ticketed members signed up by then. That game should be 20K+, if not closer to 30K, which will be a welcome boost for a game that traditionally wouldn't draw as well.

As for this round coming up, don't rule out a decent crowd at the Titans v Warriors clash. A lot of VB Test-Titans match tickets have been sold, and with both teams getting a win this week, I think a 20K crowd is likely.

BDGS

Bench
BDGS - are you honestly attacking the Dragons for getting a 19k crowd at Kogarah? :lol:

Having said that - their gates all broke down today from what I understand, they were ripping ticket stubs at the gates instead of scanning.

1. NRL Premiers
2. World Club Champions
3. Haven't played one game at home all year
4. 1 lost in the opening 7 weeks of the hardest Rugby competition of any code in the world
5. Stadium only holds 22k.
6. First game at Kogarah (St George part of the merger) heartland territory.

It's reasonable to expect a sell out with all these factors in play.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
One plus for us heading into Round 10 is there is the Knights v Warriors match, with the Knights hoping to have their 10,000 new ticketed members signed up by then. That game should be 20K+, if not closer to 30K, which will be a welcome boost for a game that traditionally wouldn't draw as well.

As for this round coming up, don't rule out a decent crowd at the Titans v Warriors clash. A lot of VB Test-Titans match tickets have been sold, and with both teams getting a win this week, I think a 20K crowd is likely.

The knights have sold 3769 so far, they should shift at least 4k during the week. That game has huge potential crowd wise.

Given the titans crowds so far i can't see another 20k+ crowd this season. I fear locals will choose to spend their hard earnd on the test or the warriors game but not both.

Do you have any info on the SOO game II ticket sales?

BDGS

Bench

True, hopefully their new stand gets their ticket stuff sorted out. Apparently crowds have been reported lower then what they actually are due to the scanners not counting towards the tally in the new stand.

Got any word on how many?

BDGS

Bench
Given the titans crowds so far i can't see another 20k+ crowd this season. I fear locals will choose to spend their hard earnd on the test or the warriors game but not both.

You can buy a ticket that gets you into both games.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
This just came to me. In the AFL press conference Demetriou said they subidise the ticket prices, with children (under 16?) getting in for $2.50 or something ridiculous.

This is something the IC should look into if we have the spare cash, not only that, increasing crowds should be one of its priorities along with grassroots.

Timmah

Staff member
1. NRL Premiers
2. World Club Champions
4. 1 lost in the opening 7 weeks of the hardest Rugby competition of any code in the world

As NRL Premiers and World Club Champions, Manly and Melbourne both failed to draw full houses to their respective home grounds during the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Why aren't you criticising them?

They did play a "home" game earlier in the season, and were the majority of a 31,122 crowd at the SCG.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a sellout. I will ask though, where does 22k capacity come from? :? I believe the safe capacity is around 20.5k?

Either way, 19k is a fantastic crowd for the Dragons at Kogarah, particularly if you look back over their crowds there in previous years:

2009: 20,047, 14,477, 18,415, 12,472, 16,474, 17,974, 18,174

2010: 15,068, 16,574, 12,974, 12,668, 14,470, 18,274, 15,574

19k is an improvement and irrespective of your little factors, I think they should be applauded for what is their biggest crowd since R3 2009...

Timmah

Staff member
A few people rang up 2GB today raising major concerns about ticket and F/B prices. Apparently a family of 8 paid something in the vicinity of $160-170? Canberra need to buck up, so do Skilled Park.

Extortion.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
1. NRL Premiers
2. World Club Champions

You can't be serious, for a ground that has been capped at 18K capacity the last 2 years, 19 300 today would be very very close to a sellout. It is also the second highest crowd at Kogarah in 18 years.

applesauce

Bench
The broncos better get 40k next week. Brisbane folks do they advertise games much on tv/radio etc... or just let it sell itself?

Only really in the paper.

This week they are running a see Locky at Skilled and get a 2 for 1 in the Blue section of Suncorp on Saturday vs the Storm.

I have a feeling with good weather (although tonight 7day forecast is rain all week) it will crack 40k. The Storm game is part of the original Awesome Foursome membership pack too.

BDGS

Bench
As NRL Premiers and World Club Champions, Manly and Melbourne both failed to draw full houses to their respective home grounds during the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Why aren't you criticising them?

Because this is 2013.

They did play a "home" game earlier in the season, and were the majority of a 31,122 crowd at the SCG.

I'm not talking about 'home' games, i'm talking about home games at your home ground, that is in fact what actually makes it a home game.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a sellout. I will ask though, where does 22k capacity come from? :? I believe the safe capacity is around 20.5k?

It's had an upgrade since then, channel nine commentators were saying the new capacity is 22k.

Either way, 19k is a fantastic crowd for the Dragons at Kogarah, particularly if you look back over their crowds there in previous years:

2009: 20,047, 14,477, 18,415, 12,472, 16,474, 17,974, 18,174

2010: 15,068, 16,574, 12,974, 12,668, 14,470, 18,274, 15,574

yes it is always encouraging when crowd levels go up instead of down, but for a club that prides it self on its famous name, colours and large supporter base i expect that club to walk the walk.

19k is an improvement and irrespective of your little factors, I think they should be applauded for what is their biggest crowd since R3 2009...

Yes of course, the only factor that limits crowds is the rain isn't it?

Why are people, and you in particular, quick to jump and come up with "little factors" that contributed to a low crowd but when these "little factors" should contribute to a large crowd and then don't, you are the first to sweep them under the table?

BDGS

Bench
You can't be serious, for a ground that has been capped at 18K capacity the last 2 years, 19 300 today would be very very close to a sellout. It is also the second highest crowd at Kogarah in 18 years.

and yet there was a large number of empty seats behind the goal post on one side of the ground, Mr McEnroe

kurt faulk

Coach
and yet there was a large number of empty seats behind the goal post on one side of the ground, Mr McEnroe

f**k you're a whiney bitch. maybe people don't want to pay such a high price to sit behind the goaline. if they had them classified as GA as they should be they would have been packed.

now f**k off.

Timmah

Staff member
Because this is 2013.
Um, no - it's 2011 you imbecile.

Walking the walk? They weren't talking the talk to be required to do so.

I'm not sweeping anything under the table. 19,000 at Kogarah, given previous crowds, is to be commended, not criticised. Next week when there's probably only 14k, go bonkers.
Do I need to remind you that we have a capacity of 44,000 at our home ground most weeks? Plenty of thousands of empty seats at either end of the ground.

The NRL, even the premiers/world club champions, are not yet at the stage where sell-outs are a regular occurence. Nice thought though.

Status
Not open for further replies.