What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
Here's an idea, for everyone who is worried about 19.5k crowd...go get a picture of Kate middletons sister, rub one out, and chill out.

Then google "get a life"

Serc

First Grade
I have a feeling with good weather (although tonight 7day forecast is rain all week) it will crack 40k.

Weather will be pretty good all this week in SEQ, sure there'll be a couple of showers here and there but a number of days will be quite similar to today (ie: near perfect) actually.

The current Bureau forecast pretty much says the same thing (and i'm pretty sure last nights one was the same also)

I just don't want people getting down in the dumps, thinking it was going to be crummy weather up here all week :)

BDGS

Bench
not sure why BDGS is being attacked

any other club in your position would have sold out

It's because if you say something that is not in the 'correct line of thinking' determined by the majority, it doesn't matter if you are correct, have a point or completely wrong. You will be attacked.

Doesn't bother me at all.

Wilson1

Juniors
Why are people so critical of the Dragons when the Warriors could only get 11k? Sure they had that great crowd in round one but apart from that their crowds have been terrible.

BDGS

Bench
Why are people so critical of the Dragons when the Warriors could only get 11k? Sure they had that great crowd in round one but apart from that their crowds have been terrible.

* Because the Warriors do not have a supporters group or fan base that is as big as the St George Illawarra Dragons
* Because the Warriors are not the NRL premiers
* Because the Warriors are not the World Club Champions
* Because the Warriors didn't go 7 weeks without a home ground
* Because the Warriors didn't have a stadium upgrade
* Because the Warriors aren't situation in Rugby League heartland.
* Because the Warriors do not have the pulling power of the St George Illawarra Dragons

bottle

Coach

*Because if you can't win the real contest which culminates in October, all you have left is the pissing contest.

Seriously, some are just born to whinge and moan. If they're doing it here, hopefully they're leaving their families alone. Let 'em go.

BDGS

Bench
*Because if you can't win the real contest which culminates in October, all you have left is the pissing contest.

Seriously, some are just born to whinge and moan. If they're doing it here, hopefully they're leaving their families alone. Let 'em go.

so a below 20k crowd for the premiers and world club champ in their first game at home is good?

if that's the way it is, Rugby League in Australia is stuffed.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
so a below 20k crowd for the premiers and world club champ in their first game at home is good?

So if 681 more people had showed up it would have been a decent crowd?
Because they didn't it's bad?

You're off your tree.

BDGS

Bench
So if 681 more people had showed up it would have been a decent crowd?
Because they didn't it's bad?

You're off your tree.

Do you read all the post or just ones you think you can pull something from?

I have said many times it should have been a sell out, 22k full house. Then i said it should of at least been 20k. :roll:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Do you read all the post or just ones you think you can pull something from?

I have said many times it should have been a sell out, 22k full house. Then i said it should of at least been 20k. :roll:

The thing is though, 22K may not be the capacity - hell i'm of the opinion you could fit 24K in there, but the club seems to be very reluctant to sell more than 20K tickets at the moment.

I'd love to see us pack the ground out until its full the the brim, but they would not have allowed another 2K in there on Sunday.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I wonder what would've happened if the game had've been markerted by the clubs/nrl big time and played at ANZ?

50,000+

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe 'only' 35,000 might've turned up. Maybe 60,000 might have.

We'll never know because the NRL is 400 years behind other football codes in growing it's own code.

other football codes
who exactly .... the A League & Super Rugby :lol::lol::lol:

pelican ...........

BDGS

Bench
The thing is though, 22K may not be the capacity - hell i'm of the opinion you could fit 24K in there, but the club seems to be very reluctant to sell more than 20K tickets at the moment.

I'd love to see us pack the ground out until its full the the brim, but they would not have allowed another 2K in there on Sunday.

I'll go by the commentators until somebody corrects them with fact.

user_nat

Coach

Dragons aren't the first premiers to get sub 20k.
In the last decade sub 20ks for the first home game:
Brisbane 2001
Newcastle 2002
Penrith 2004 (19,936)
Manly 2009

Melbourne got over 20k in 08 and '10, but not at their regular home ground, so that's similar to Dragons this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.