What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
25,504 @ the AFL.

Actually thats not a bad crowd.

To think that near 60,000 people in Brisbane showed up on the same night to two games shows how sports mad that city is.

Not sure that would happen here in Sydney.

Saint Doc

Coach
Actually thats not a bad crowd.

To think that near 60,000 people in Brisbane showed up on the same night to two games shows how sports mad that city is.

Not sure that would happen here in Sydney.

Unfortunately the 25k at flogball part would happen in Sydney...just not the 35k for Sydney vs melbourne NRL!

Great crowd last night, broncs fans should be commended but we shouldn't get too arrogant about it. That was a GC AFL home game. So technically Suns v Lions AFL =25k, Titans v Broncos =20k.

Still, 35k to a game post test match is awesome

Raiderdave

First Grade
Unfortunately the 25k at flogball part would happen in Sydney...just not the 35k for Sydney vs melbourne NRL!

Great crowd last night, broncs fans should be commended but we shouldn't get too arrogant about it. That was a GC AFL home game. So technically Suns v Lions AFL =25k, Titans v Broncos =20k.

Still, 35k to a game post test match is awesome

no
the Gabba has 42K seats so its not a fair comparison .... I think it was a very average turnout for the first all SE Qld AFL clash .... very average considering how oftern we are told by flogball fans how many ex victorians there are in SE Qld

if you want to be technical .. the Titans played the Broncos at Suncorp in their first home game against them in 2007..so a similar situation to last nights AFL in that the new side played their home game against their neighbours " away "

the crowd ....47,686
so nearly double

DC_fan

Coach
Where did you find that? and that is not even close to what it looked like

It certainly didn't look that many. I can only assume that with it being a warm day most fans were sitting on the eastern side of the ground.

For what I could see I didn't think there was even 12,000 there.

BunniesMan

Immortal
With a ridiculous figure like 17k can we stop getting hysterical when we think an official figure is less than the actual crowd. Because they get it wrong the other way plenty of times too.

In the end the averages will weed out the unders and the overs and get us a pretty fair indication of the crowds over the length of the season.

nko11

Juniors
Bad crowd by the reigning premiers and the team with the most ticketed members. Why so low?

Bulldogs of '05 (reigning premiers) drew 8,911 (Vs Souths Rnd 13), 8,496 (Vs Canberra Rnd 15), 7,414 (Vs Melbourne Rnd 17).

Just sayin'!

Status
Not open for further replies.