What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Heres hoping the Dragons fans were just saving their money for Friday Night, as they along with the Dogs fans try and hit the 42k goal.

but, but, but... If we were based in a city of 4.5 million with 9 other te... Your not and your crowds are sh*t. Averaging under 14K is disgraceful, you can come up with as many reasons as to why the Dragons get much higher crowds than the Raiders, but at the end of the day your crowds are disgusting. For the Raiders, the Dragons game is the only thing stopping them from averaging sub 11K, say Thank You!

lol. Someone's getting mad!

a 13k crowd at a newly renovated stadium for the reigning premiers at the top of the ladder playing a form team is the only disgusting thing here

just confirms that despite your constant claims of being the biggest team in Sydney, you're well below the top teams in terms of support

nko11

Juniors
lol. Someone's getting mad!

a 13k crowd at a newly renovated stadium for the reigning premiers at the top of the ladder playing a form team is the only disgusting thing here

just confirms that despite your constant claims of being the biggest team in Sydney, you're well below the top teams in terms of support

I don't claim to be the biggest in Sydney, however i do think we are the 2nd best supported team in the country. We bring the largest crowds in Canberra, Melbourne, GC and Brisbane. Our Away average plays testament to that averaging 24K last year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When have I said a 30k Broncos crowd is better than a 15k Raiders crowd?

That said, Brisbane routinely get 30k+, Canberra struggle to get 15k unless Saints or Canterbury are visiting.

Timmah

Staff member
No doubt I'll cop shit for defending the Dragons, but a quick look at their crowd average sees them third on the average home crowd list behind only Canterbury and Brisbane. They're just ahead of the Roosters by my count.

If the crowds continue a decline into the season then sure, worry - but for now I don't think there's cause for concern. Sunday arvo v Tigers is next later in the month, that's almost certainly a 18-19k draw, then a Friday night game v Titans which should pull 14-15k. Last game at Kogarah is v Cronulla (scheduling TBA this Tue or Wed) which is almost always a sell-out in itself.

Wollongong will be interesting though.

nko11

Juniors
for the reigning premiers

Manly (2008 premiers) 2nd home game in 2009 - 8,667
Brisbane (2006 premiers) 2nd home game in 2007 - 24,582
West Tigers (2005 premiers) 3rd home game in 2006 - 14,675
Already Highlighted the Bulldogs (2004 premiers)
Penrith (2003 premiers) 4th home game in 2004 - 11,618

Nuff said?

_Johnsy

Referee
No doubting it was a disappointing crowd today, but lets look at the home game crowd numbers so far. Disregard weather, etc and all the other "excuses" offered.

Round 1 - Canberra at home V Cronulla 13450, Dragons away
Round 2 - both away
Round 3 - both away
Round 4 - Canberra at home V Titans 12165, Dragons away
Round 5 - Canberra away, Dragons home game V Doggies 31122
Round 6 - both away
Round 7 - Canberra at home V newcastle 11879, Dragons away
Round 8 - Dragons at home V Eels 19319, Canberra at home V Tigers 13423
Round 9 - Dragons at home V Cowboys 13056. Canberra bye

Canberra home average (12729) Dragons home average (21165)

Make what you want of the facts.

clarency

Juniors
No doubting it was a disappointing crowd today, but lets look at the home game crowd numbers so far. Disregard weather, etc and all the other "excuses" offered.

Round 2 - both away
Round 3 - both away
Round 6 - both away

Well I'll begin by saying the Dragons average would be nowhere without the use of the bigger stadiums. Which appears to be what everyone is arguing about.

I've always thought Dragons where one of the most well supported NRL clubs in Australia, and yet for some reason they get terrible crowds. Didn't they get something like 15k to a FINALS match last year?

When have I said a 30k Broncos crowd is better than a 15k Raiders crowd?
:lol: Just knew you'd do this

The figures are give or take, but it was around the time of the Riverfire event in Brisbane last year

That said, Brisbane routinely get 30k+, Canberra struggle to get 15k unless Saints or Canterbury are visiting.

and again :lol:

we got 16k against the Broncos iirc

Round 2 - both away
Round 3 - both away
Round 6 - both away

lol. Conveniently left the Broncos crowd out did you?

We average mid 13k this year, not bad for a team smack bang last

take out your one off SCG crowd and you average ~ 16k. Must I remind that you're coming first, on the back of a premiership

Make what you want out of those facts

I thought all Dragons fans loved Kogarah?

Yeah man. The love it so much 15k crammed into the place for a finals game last year

Timmah

Staff member
First Friday night home game in how long (excluding finals)?

You are in complete denial if you think your club is above having it's crowds bagged, and in even more denial if you think they're acceptable for a one-town-team.

Timmah

Staff member
lol. Conveniently left the Broncos crowd out did you?

We average mid 13k this year, not bad for a team smack bang last

take out your one off SCG crowd and you average ~ 16k. Must I remind that you're coming first, on the back of a premiership

Make what you want out of those facts

So you whinge about him taking out one of your crowds, then take out one of their crowds and purport it as fact?

You're f**ked in the head :lol:

STG-MACCA

Bench
Well I'll begin by saying the Dragons average would be nowhere without the use of the bigger stadiums. Which appears to be what everyone is arguing about.

I've always thought Dragons where one of the most well supported NRL clubs in Australia, and yet for some reason they get terrible crowds. Didn't they get something like 15k to a FINALS match last year?

We are well supported right across Australia hence why we attract such large away crowds in other major cities. Sydney / Wollongong are only one part of the picture.

Scheduling plays a major part in our crowds. When you have 7 days notice for a semi it is often difficult and expensive to fly from interstate, but as you witnessed at the grand final, we had over 50% of the support in an 80k seat stadium.

Today's crowd was on the poor end of the spectrum however one thing that was really interesting was how many people left early - I assume mothers day dinner was the main reason for this at it's rather uncommon for our supporter base to leave en-mass after such a comprehensive victory.

First Friday night home game in how long (excluding finals)?

You are in complete denial if you think your club is above having it's crowds bagged, and in even more denial if you think they're acceptable for a one-town-team.

f**k me, the depth of your stupidity is truly amazing. And LOL for discounting the crowd simply because it's on a Friday night. It's pointless explaining to you but here it goes

let's work this out Two Teams, again

Average Broncos crowd this year ~32k. Population 2 million

Average Raiders crowd this year ~13.5k. Population ~ 400k including Queanbeyan (~ 350k without)

32000/2000000 = 0.016 or 1.16%
13500/400000 = 0.0338 or 3.38%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts