What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfas

Juniors
This is the GA seating option for dogs v saints. Does the GA*B mean they have released for sale the upper decks? Maybe I am reading too much into it...

Area: Eastern Side
Category: Cat 3 Unreserved
Section: GA*B
Row: -
Seat/s: -

DC_fan

Coach
The Bulldogs v Dragons crowd tonight was 34,322. Which is down on the corresponding game of last year which drew 37,733.

I thought the crowd tonight would have matched last years, if not been a little bigger.

meercat

Juniors
How is that Knights Membership drive going? are they on track for a crowd near the 30k mark this week?
Sold over 6000 from the drive giving us total members somewhere around 15000-16000 not sure how many of those are ticketed but would easily be over 10k

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Thought we would get under 10k for sure with the crap we have dished up at home this year so i am pleased.

The Gus news probably helped.

cleary89

Coach
Panthers would have got 20 if they moved it to sfs....

Dogs would have got 50 if they took it away from a suburban ground... oh wait.

The Bulldogs v Dragons crowd tonight was 34,322. Which is down on the corresponding game of last year which drew 37,733.

I thought the crowd tonight would have matched last years, if not been a little bigger.

correct me if I'm wrong, but the corresponding game last year was in heritige round which is promoted like crazy. Also, the other Friday game that week was not in Western Sydney too. So the downward shift isn't such a bad thing. Hopefully we can see more 30k plus crowds in Sydney.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
30k plus in Sydney is never to be scoffed at but as I said in the "lets get 50k" thread, I think we should've done better. Better scheduling (perhaps Sunday), wider promotion and perhaps making it the only Sydney/NSW game on it's day would help. The NRL and the clubs need to really identify and play up these big blockbusters.

Additionally - NRL/Acer/ANZ Stadium - talk to each other. Having 34k watching BUL/STG and another 15k odd next door watchin Rieu impacted the crowd a bit too IMO. Not for crossover purposes by any means, but the reported traffic congestion and transport difficulties.

I reckon if the NRL got fair dinkum about public transport we might do well. Tonight's NRL match will more than likely have drawn more than tomorrow's Swans game and they get all the frills with trains and buses ffs!

Serc

First Grade
Pretty sure the Broncos, Titans etc pay the govt for their patrons to get free public transport...curious about this Swans thing though, are the Swans paying the NSW govt (same as NRL teams in SEQ) or is it the AFL paying, or something else?

aarondoyle

Juniors
The Broncos, Titans etc don't pay technically. It's included in the ticket price. None of the teams have a choice.

It's the brilliant public transport to Lang Park which helps the Broncos crowds. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. A few changes and we'd be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts