What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Yawn. The crowds are, unsurprisingly, pretty much the same as last year.

At least memberships have increased hugely on last year. Might not be having an effect in the short term but if they keep increasing it's sure to have an effect in the medium to long term.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Brumbies got 10,000 tonight

And the Waratahs are not doing much better as are over half of the S15 clubs.
Apart from membership's is the cost of going to see a game too much i.e ticket's,food,drink.

I often wonder if any of the NRL/News LTD lot read this forum.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Hmm I too thought that they had no choice, BUT it also meant each club had to front up a nominated fee for each game to help cover those public transport costs. Surely the government doesn't pay for it?

It's a set amount per ticket, not up front.

flamin

Juniors
Expected more Dragons fans at ANZ TBH but I guess the scheduling shoulders a lot of the blame there with the Dragons playing the Dogs twice in six weeks.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Was expecting a few more at Newcastle. Sensational weather, Sunday afternoon footy, cheap tickets and a big membership push over the past 2 weeks.

Brutus

Referee
Places where a big crowd was pretty much always guaranteed (Townsville and Newcastle) have really slackened off.

The Knights were getting bigger crowds the year they won the spoon.

People seem to have got out of the habit of attending the footy in those stronghold areas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.