What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogz08

First Grade
Raiders v Bulldogs 12k
Tigers v Panthers 15k
Warriors v Rabbits 15k
Roosters v Knights 10k
Eels v Sharks 8k

Pretty close..

This week

Double Header 42k
Knights v Eels 15k
Cowboys vs Roosters 15k
Storm v Sharks 9k
Dragons v Tigers 18k
Panthers v Rabbits 12k

Teddyboy

First Grade
Pretty close..

This week

Double Header 42k
Knights v Eels 15k
Cowboys vs Roosters 15k
Storm v Sharks 9k
Dragons v Tigers 18k
Panthers v Rabbits 12k

Hats off to Queenslanders if the double header gets 42000 alongside 52000 for the State of Origin and then 40000 plus for the Reds Super game.

user_nat

Coach
It won't draw 42k.

Manly ain't huge drawers (although I bet R26 will draw well) and Broncos members have to buy tickets. Concept is probably starting to wear thin also, at least in my opinion.

Teddyboy

First Grade
It won't draw 42k.

Manly ain't huge drawers (although I bet R26 will draw well) and Broncos members have to buy tickets. Concept is probably starting to wear thin also, at least in my opinion.

Well for tomorrow and sunday Brisbane is the centre of both Rugby League and Rugby Union.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Ahem!
Something that may actually be related to this thread:
My counting after Rd 11:
2010 1,406,160 Ave: 17,360
2011 1,374,597 Ave: 16,970
A decline of 2.2%
Rds 12 and 13 were absolute shockers in 2010 - decent crowds this year will bring the averages much closer

CMUX

its been discussed ad nausim

without the Dragons .. Bulldogs & Souths .. the Tigers too
your average crowd would struggle to fill a phone booth

Ah of course, how could I forget? It’s the away support that makes our crowds look good isn’t it?

I guess those supporters from the teams you mentioned just love to watch us play because, according to your logic, they have more people turn up at our games than they do their own.

As for your crowds, without certain teams you wouldn’t fill a.... oh wait, they are crap all round!

age.s

First Grade
I think it's pretty understandable that crowds are down slightly this year. The weather in Sydney has been absolutely diabolical. Anyone who thinks weather won't have an effect on crowds is kidding themselves. Several clubs have had a shit time with the weather in one way or another (QLD cyclone and floods leaving people with bigger problems than footy, Manly/Cronulla crowds being hampered by rain).

It's also been the most uneven comp in years. There are several strong teams, and a load of teams who's fans will have little hope that their team can achieve much. Penrith, Parra, Raiders, Sharks for a start, possibly Roosters and Souths? It also leads to games that are seen as a foregone conclusion. Throw in injuries to key players, some turgid games and weekend after weekend of rain in Sydney and I think we're doing well to be as close as we are.

BDGS

Bench
I think it's pretty understandable that crowds are down slightly this year. The weather in Sydney has been absolutely diabolical. Anyone who thinks weather won't have an effect on crowds is kidding themselves. Several clubs have had a shit time with the weather in one way or another (QLD cyclone and floods leaving people with bigger problems than footy, Manly/Cronulla crowds being hampered by rain).

It's also been the most uneven comp in years. There are several strong teams, and a load of teams who's fans will have little hope that their team can achieve much. Penrith, Parra, Raiders, Sharks for a start, possibly Roosters and Souths? It also leads to games that are seen as a foregone conclusion. Throw in injuries to key players, some turgid games and weekend after weekend of rain in Sydney and I think we're doing well to be as close as we are.

Agree compeltely.

Billythekid

First Grade

Only problem is we hear this every year. Has it been slightly worse this year? Maybe, but its a bit of a tired excuse.

Have you been tipping this year? I'm going to say no otherwise you would know how many upsets there have been.

I don't think this years comp has been anymore uneven than previous years and this comes off as clutching at straws.

The crowds this year have been fine we don't need to make excuses.

DC_fan

Coach

North Qld went through a major hurricane early this year. Obviously this has had some effect on their crowds this season. But there crowds have been dropping each year since 2007. So their drop off in crowds is not something new this season.

Brisbane last year had very good crowds. This year they have dropped on average over 2,400 fans per game compared to 2010. But their average crowd this season is still better then what it was in 2005 and 2006.

Manly's average crowd this season has dropped nearly 3,200 over last season. But since 2007 Manly has been struggling for crowds.

As for Cronulla, well their crowds are up this season. They are averaging 12,752 at the moment. Which is their highest since 2009.

beave

Coach
North Qld went through a major hurricane early this year. Obviously this has had some effect on their crowds this season. But there crowds have been dropping each year since 2007. So their drop off in crowds is not something new this season.

Brisbane last year had very good crowds. This year they have dropped on average over 2,400 fans per game compared to 2010. But their average crowd this season is still better then what it was in 2005 and 2006.

Manly's average crowd this season has dropped nearly 3,200 over last season. But since 2007 Manly has been struggling for crowds.

As for Cronulla, well their crowds are up this season. They are averaging 12,752 at the moment. Which is their highest since 2009.

we've been a wooden spoon team for 3 years straight, the people up here had a gutful this year but if the club has a decent season I'd say a lot of people will renew their season tickets again for 2012.

It's hard to tell because there's always the chance that there are more tickets that haven't been released yet but it looks like all seats (except a few random singles) at Kogarah have been sold for Sunday with an unknown number of hill tickets remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts