What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Brilliant crowd at the Eels/Warriors game but even better was the Eels winning so that we can see the scum Warriors bandwagon supporters only turn up in 15k numbers for there next home game

manoj p

Juniors
I've seen 38,405 as well. Either way, great crowd.

Probably 7 of Manu's family headed down to the dressing room to check on his knee. ;-)

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The storm crowd wasn't that bad haynetrain, looked like 16-17k to me. The Titans crowd looked atrocious, for an opening game against a well supported club in the dragons who looked to have turned up in droves! Probably means we will just miss out on 200k unless the doggies get 25K plus.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Anyone have the exact figures? I've heard around 21K at Robina and 15K for Melbourne.

Not bad but not great either.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The only saving grace for round 1 crowds thus far was the Warriors/Eels game which was a one off spectacle that will never ever be repeated again,the Warriors playing at Eden Park has lost that first time magic appeal and they will never ever get close to that crowd ever again.

If you take that one off fluke crowd out of the mix the crowds for round 1 have been disgraceful.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The storm crowd wasn't that bad haynetrain, looked like 16-17k to me. The Titans crowd looked atrocious, for an opening game against a well supported club in the dragons who looked to have turned up in droves! Probably means we will just miss out on 200k unless the doggies get 25K plus.

Storm game was less then 15,000(according to Foxsports website) which was worse then what the Rebels got on friday night

user_nat

Coach
I don't think last nights crowds where horrible, but they were slightly disappointing.

Warriors tonight was very good.

Storm and Titans very disappointing.

Not expecting very good results tomorrow either.

clarency

Juniors
I'd swear some people here have selective amnesia... The past 3-4 seasons has shown people expecting a massive turnout in round 1 only to yet again be disappointed when they don't get it.

Warriors effort was peeerty good though.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'd swear some people here have selective amnesia... The past 3-4 seasons has shown people expecting a massive turnout in round 1 only to yet again be disappointed when they don't get it.

I wasn't expecting massive crowds from Melbourne or the GC but those are still poor crowds. The titans crowd is even worse when you consider that it was a sea of red and white.

russ13

First Grade
I wasn't expecting massive crowds from Melbourne or the GC but those are still poor crowds. The titans crowd is even worse when you consider that it was a sea of red and white.

But still twice as many as the A League or the AFL have ever had at the GC.

How many travelling fans do yo expect the AFL game at the GC to have?

DIOGENES

Juniors
So somewhere about 147K after 5 games including the 28st highest in the game's history (excluding double headers). The remaining 3 need an average of about 13K to create a new record and 17K to get over 200.

I have watched this blog on and off over a few years and the personalities are very interesting. I never know what will satisfy Haynetrain except perhaps an average of 25K per game, For me if the crowds increase by 5% to an average of 17.2 then I think the league will have a spectacular year.

DIOGENES

Juniors
So somewhere about 147K after 5 games including the 28st highest in the game's history (excluding double headers). The remaining 3 need an average of about 13K to create a new record and 17K to get over 200.

I have watched this blog on and off over a few years and the personalities are very interesting. I never know what will satisfy Haynetrain except perhaps an average of 25K per game, For me if the crowds increase by 5% to an average of 17.2 then I think the league will have a spectacular year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts