What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondad

First Grade
Anyone else salivating at the thought of Dragons v Bulldogs at the SCG next Sunday. If good weather could we see 40k?

docbrown

Coach
I was trying to get tickets in the new Western Grandstand but it said it was sold out, so I took Eastern upper.

Yet - the bay near the incomplete ends was barely a quarter full plus there were scattered sections of rows. I doubt these were all members who didn't bother to show.

I think Proticket may have f'd up here and it may have put people off. In the Western side they could have fit another 3-4k scattered around and on the lower tier Northern end.

That said: great atmosphere, great game, unfortunate result but I can't wait for the next one!

BDGS

Bench
Three at Bluetongue this year. Last night, R6 Sat night Roosters/Broncos, and R21 Manly host the Tigers again.

Are you sure?

Bears fans were marketing this as the 'only chance' to make an impression on the NRl with a huge crowd.

BDGS

Bench
I'd love to see Perth back in the comp, for many reasons.
If so, I hope the NRL does give support like the ARU has done for the Force & Rebels, and the AFL has done with the GC Suns & GWS.

I have my doubts though concerning support....RL sure knows how to make dumbass decisions.

Good luck with the bid!

What marketing have GWS done?

Two lots of signs that was ripped down by the public, and two other sings put in an area that is not accessible due to railway tracks and water in front of it.

BDGS

Bench
probably because like their bid, they're full of hot air?

He is correct, there are two more games there.

I'm sure there is an explanation for this, and i think i already know what it is but any chance you get to have a dig at their bid for no real reason you take it.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
the newcastle crowd is puzzling to say the least. The buzz about the place after the member vote and i swear on the radio they said 20k + tickets were pre-sold. Maybe some counting issues with the new stand? AAMI park in Melbourne had that problem for a while from what i hear.

The knights pulled 23k against the dragon last year so strange that it would be less with the massive build up

Danish

Referee
Bit unimpressed with the crowd today.... very very few tigers fans there it has to be said, seems they don't turn out unless they think they are going to win.

Knights stadium obviously has the opposite effect of Suncorp. Looked absolutely packed while apparently there were 10K empty seats while Suncopr can look empty but still somehow be holding 35k+

BDGS

Bench
Bit unimpressed with the crowd today.... very very few tigers fans there it has to be said, seems they don't turn out unless they think they are going to win.

Knights stadium obviously has the opposite effect of Suncorp. Looked absolutely packed while apparently there were 10K empty seats while Suncopr can look empty but still somehow be holding 35k+

Or just go to home games ....

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What marketing have GWS done?

Two lots of signs that was ripped down by the public, and two other sings put in an area that is not accessible due to railway tracks and water in front of it.

Hahaha really? where at?

I was surprised by how few tigers fans there were today. Great atmosphere as usual though

On a very bright note the swans days of massive crowds at anz are waning, only 28k v essendon.

Von

Juniors
As expected the sfs crowd is sh*te. Whoever suggested 25k was on drugs

Don't agree it was sh*t.
21000 was pretty good, especially considering how few Wests fans turned up.
Both bottom tiers were pretty much full.
The problem is playing in a 46,000 seat stadium, less than 30K looks empty.
Remember 21,000 would have been a full house for most other teams home ground, and thus people would say what a great crowd it was. Example... Parra, Brookvale, Toyota, Leichhardt, Penrith, Campbelltown, Gosford, etc

BDGS

Bench
Do you think I make this sh*t up? :roll:

No smart arse, but people become confused with information all the time

Lol, I drive past there often. Ill have to check this out.

Give us an update when you do, i.e. are they back up? is there anything there etc?

I know there is one "join AFL" sign that is standing on one and a half legs that has been around for what seems like forever.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No smart arse, but people become confused with information all the time

Well allow me to clarify - there are two more games at Bluetongue Stadium this season.

Round 6, Sat 16 April, 7:30pm - Roosters v Broncos

Round 21 - last weekend of July - Manly v W Tigers.

Speculating here - but the reason the Bears people might've said its "your only chance to show support" is because this is the game they selected to have a dedicated Bears bay - or possibly that it's the one game out of the ones up here where they have an affiliated club (Souths + Norths are partnered in NSWRL).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Update with one game to go:

Round 4 - Apr 1-4 (AEDT Fri/Sat, AEST Sun/Mon)
Friday 1 April
Rabbitohs 32 def Sea Eagles 30 @ Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford, 7:30pm CH9 - 18,108
Broncos 18 def Panthers 10 @ Suncorp Stadium, 8:30pm CH9 - 25,263
Saturday 2 April
Raiders 22 lost to Titans 23 (Golden Point) @ Canberra Stadium, 5:30pm FOX Sports - 12,165
Eels 22 def Cowboys 20 @ Parramatta Stadium, 7:30pm FOX Sports - 11,226
Sunday 3 April
Sharks 18 lost to Warriors 26 @ Owen Delany Park, Taupo, 12:00pm FOX Sports - 14,645
Knights 18 lost to Dragons 20 @ Ausgrid Stadium, 2:00pm FOX Sports - 20,986
Roosters 24 def Tigers 6 @ Sydney Football Stadium, 3:00pm CH9 - 20,479
Monday 4 April
Storm v Bulldogs @ AAMI Park, 7:00pm FOX Sports
Crowd aggregate R4: 122,872; Crowd average R4: 17,553
Season aggregate: 561,047; Season average: 18,098
*one game to be played

Billythekid

First Grade
the newcastle crowd is puzzling to say the least. The buzz about the place after the member vote and i swear on the radio they said 20k + tickets were pre-sold. Maybe some counting issues with the new stand? AAMI park in Melbourne had that problem for a while from what i hear.

The knights pulled 23k against the dragon last year so strange that it would be less with the massive build up

As someone who was at both games i just can't believe there was more at the ground last year.

docbrown

Coach
Well allow me to clarify - there are two more games at Bluetongue Stadium this season.

Round 6, Sat 16 April, 7:30pm - Roosters v Broncos

Round 21 - last weekend of July - Manly v W Tigers.

Speculating here - but the reason the Bears people might've said its "your only chance to show support" is because this is the game they selected to have a dedicated Bears bay - or possibly that it's the one game out of the ones up here where they have an affiliated club (Souths + Norths are partnered in NSWRL).

Did the Roosters swap their Knights game back to the SFS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts