What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I think Cronulla should take every home game to NZ. They could play in a different NZ city every home game.

beave

Coach
Not today, the top level of the western was only 2/3rds completed and only half full. There were a lot of empty seats on the eastern side as well. 21k looked about right to me but admittedly, I'm watching it on TV so people who were there may say differently.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
Judging on how it looked and how long it took to get out, far more than 21k in Newie. I reckOn about 26-27k.

cleary89

Coach
Thats piss poor from the knights.

Eastern top looked full, hardly anything left at either end. I thought the eastern bottom was full, but on tv looked thin on the ends. Western bottom was probably the same, but the norwest end had no one. If its 30k capacity, I reckon had to be 25k.

Billythekid

First Grade
There is no way that there was only 21K there. Where the hell would you fit 10K more people? For that matter even once the new stand is finished where are you going to fit another 15K people?

There is no way the ground was only 2/3 full today.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
If it was operating at 30K today then surely Newcastle had to me more than 21K....
Regardless, are the ticket prices being dropped for the next home game?

If so then hopefully they can average more than 20K this year.

cleary89

Coach
Btw, whats with $13 for tickets, 4.50 to get an email with your ticket, and another 1 so you can pay for it.

Evenflow

Bench
Judging on how it looked and how long it took to get out, far more than 21k in Newie. I reckOn about 26-27k.

Thats piss poor from the knights.

Eastern top looked full, hardly anything left at either end. I thought the eastern bottom was full, but on tv looked thin on the ends. Western bottom was probably the same, but the norwest end had no one. If its 30k capacity, I reckon had to be 25k.

There is no way that there was only 21K there. Where the hell would you fit 10K more people? For that matter even once the new stand is finished where are you going to fit another 15K people?

There is no way the ground was only 2/3 full today.

LOL @ those who seriously think they actually understate crowd numbers to the point of anything of anything between 4k-6k! What possible logical reason would they have to strip thousands off the attendance numbers when in no way it makes it look worse and in no way better?

It makes a hell of a lot more sense to add numbers to the actual total (as union clearly do) than what it does to take numbers off, especially given the great lengths all clubs and the league have gone to to lift our crowd averages.

That said i didn't think it was that bad a crowd and IMO better than the Choks v Tigers that was played at the SFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts