What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgsfan

Juniors
Especially interested in Sunday's SCG game. Should be a cracker crowd. Bulldogs loss wouldn't have helped but should still be 30,000 + hopefully nudging the 40,000s.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
As a red V member i received my ticket for Sunday's game last tuesday... Pax was 12 601.

Not sure if this is just counting the members or general public ticket sales as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
22,677 at the SFS. Haven't gotten anything from the Cowboys game.

Yosemite Sam, those tickets would've been issued a week or two ago. There's been pax mentioned in this thread over the last few days. 20,586 I think was the last I saw, back on Wednesday or Tuesday.

Billythekid

First Grade
Not a bad effort at sfs should of got 25 but

2 Sydney teams especially 2 big ones should be able to pull a bigger crowd than that.

Also i forgot to say this last week but there is an old saying that when souths are going well the league is going well. I think this saying would actually ring true if applied to the dragons. Their ability to draw away crowds is incredible.

Last week in Newcastle not only did they bring a sh*tload of fans but most of them were there nice and early to watch toyota cup.

It's a shame more clubs didn't show up for away games in those numbers.

DC_fan

Coach
Tonights game should have got a minimum 25,000 crowd. You would have to say it was disappointing.

Chook Norris

First Grade
imo about a large 7k under par, at the bare minimum
surely the cyclone didnt have that much of an effect on crowds?

elyod138

Bench
Any game that isn't on Saturday night has a major effect on NQ crowds.

A high percentage of fans travel great distances to get to the game, they can't do that on Fridays or Mondays.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What's doing in Townsville? I know Friday nights aren't good but they're in decent form this year...

timka4

Bench
Poor crowds from both grounds tonight, regardless of the night. Heritage round is usually pretty special and there is good rivalry. Rabbits and Tigers should have got at least 30k

docbrown

Coach
This'll happen again when Cowboys host the Broncos in Round 23.

Edit: as these 2 games are always going to be chosen by the broadcaster, it probably makes more sense to try and schedule them at least during school holidays i.e. this year it probably should have been Round 7 (22nd April).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts