What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
Probably a 20-25 min walk, I don't think it's that far but Milton station is literally 5 mins walk from Suncorp.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
It's is disturbing that a Souths game at Gosford can draw 18k
But one 5 minutes from Redfern against a team based 7 km away they get 4k more

Tells me that people who live in the centre of Sydney are all poofs and androtops

Red Bear

Referee
If it doesn't have a train station that stops right out the front door it's deemed inconvenient and hard to get to.
This. The walk from central to the footy stadium/cricket ground is great, few good pubs on the way, great atmosphere being part of the crowd etc.

Although I do think the NRL could look at including public transport in the price of footy tickets, something that makes public transport the easy option

docbrown

Coach
Where would it be built though? Eastern Creek would be a good greenfield site, but then again it could be said its too far west.

Shocking that the SFS has less than 20 games a season in the NRL, its the best ground in the state by a mile and i rate it better than suncorp having been to both multiple times.

Good looking crowd at the warriors v roosters game, very vocal as well

If you build it at Eastern Creek, you may as well build it in Perth.

Funnily enough, Homebush is a pretty central location. Lidcombe has four or five rail lines junctioning near there and it has the Western Motorway.

My suggestion - dig up all the dead bodies at Rockwood Cemetery :D

Evenflow

Bench
Too many Sydney fans are pissweak. SFS has a great location for public transport.

Lol finally a Sydneysider who has the balls to say what most of them and everyone else already know. I'm from Melbourne and i reckon even i've been to more games than many who live up there. Love going there it's a great venue to watch footy it's just a pity we don't play there more often. Funnily enough i have no issues whatsoever getting there either, it's amazing where taxi's and public transport can take you these days..... :sarcasm:

adamkungl

Immortal
there's a f**king fleet of buses from central to the SFS on game day, or a 15-20 min walk. I get the sh*ts when people say it's too hard to get to.

beave

Coach
I agree Adam, the walk is not that bad IMO. As pointed out, plenty of pubs on that walk as well.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Will be a pretty good round of attendance, will average out 18-19k by the end of it. The biggest attendance of the round will likely be at a cricket ground, this sport is truely mad.

F**K manly scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had to get that off my chest, god they are hateful

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I live 90km from sfs and have been there more than most eastern suburbs people I know. They are f**kin piss weak

I've been in the country 7 months and been 4 times, plus live 139km from it. Agreed there is a piss weak mentally based around reasons to not go, rather than reasons to go. Although it seems to be improving slowly but surely this past few seasons

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What parts of it do you think are superior to Suncorp??? Ive been to both a few times and whilst the SFS is really good, sorry but Suncorp wins. The only thing the SFS has is car parking but good luck trying to get out at the end of bigger game, l've nearly pissed my pants in my mates car from a thousaaaaaand beers and waititng for the traffic to move in that park, thank god there's some trees around it.

IMO it generates a better atmosphere even at 50-60% capacity, other than that i just found it a better place to watch footy. although maybe if i go back to suncorp it might change my opinion.

beave

Coach
each to their own mate, I just think the site lines are better at suncorp, plus there seems to be more toilets and bars as well. Plus it hold a bit more, about 10k I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts