What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
just on the sharks.

word is that they didnt have one of the gates open at the end and it took 15 minutes just to get out.

lucky there wasnt an emergency

Moffo

Referee
It's is disturbing that a Souths game at Gosford can draw 18k
But one 5 minutes from Redfern against a team based 7 km away they get 4k more

Tells me that people who live in the centre of Sydney are all poofs and androtops

Huh? Homophobe much? Dickhead

BDGS

Bench
what is wrong with SFS's location? Its only a few minutes from central on a bus isn't it?

Well unless if you are a local, it's hard to get to. Remembering Sydney is so big that you can tracks 1.4-2hrs on a train and still be inside it. I think it's location is the main reason why it's not getting bigger crowds. Unless you support manly, cronulla or souths there is no way a game is gonna get a big away support showing up. Getting out of their is a nightmare as well.

BDGS

Bench
there's a f**king fleet of buses from central to the SFS on game day, or a 15-20 min walk. I get the sh*ts when people say it's too hard to get to.

You obviously live near it. I know people who have traveled from penrith to it. When was the last time you did that?

I'm sure it's real easy to get if you live within an hour of it. I have done so in the last myself

BDGS

Bench
If you have to travel long distances to get to it the 20-25 minute walk is the last thing you would want to do IMO, unless of course you are doing the same walk that takes an hour while stoplight at pubs. But I'm nit sure how many families do this. Like I said, the past few seasons the stadium has got sh*t crowds. There must be a reason for this, the roosters made the grand final last year so "poor performance" isn't an excuse.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Maybe make the tickets prices more expensive on game day.

But keep the membership packages the same or better value then now to encourage even MORE memberships sold.

Less walk up's, but more memberships and maybe overall, higher crowds.

Maybe even half price tickets for away fans with memberships?

Maybe some dumb ideas, but maybe it's time for the NRL, clubs etc to get a little novel about increasing crowd numbers.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Maybe make the tickets prices more expensive on game day.

But keep the membership packages the same or better value then now to encourage even MORE memberships sold.

Less walk up's, but more memberships and maybe overall, higher crowds.

Maybe even half price tickets for away fans with memberships?

Maybe some dumb ideas, but maybe it's time for the NRL, clubs etc to get a little novel about increasing crowd numbers.

Agreed as despite the hype of SOO for this year and it's expected and tv ratings i bet it's a 60000-70000 crowds for Sydney when in truth at least 1 game of the best Rugby should sell out,saying that i think SOO would sell out if it was on a stand alone weekend.

P.S.nice crowd at Shark Park:)(maybe they shouldn't be the first to re-locate/kicked out).

Goddo

Bench
So where are the 20 odd thousand who turned up at Eden Park a few weeks ago.

I really wish you would stop trolling about NRL crowds.

The NRL is the best attended domestic "Rugby" competition of either code world wide, thats in total and on average.

You live in Newcastle.

The NRL has grown year on year since 2006. Membership growth is huge - we have 2 clubs at 20,000 members.

The NRL doesn't get good away attendence, because the stadiums are often small and hard to get to. People like "event" matches, which is why teams can get great crowds in finals, at the SCG, on ANZAC Day, et cetera.

Get over it, embrace the NRL. It really is the best "Rugby" comp of either code in the world. And stop trolling about crowds.

BDGS

Bench
When did the Dragons crack 20,000.

I know they were close and will crack it this year eventually.

Is Goddo misinformed again? or just rounding off?

BDGS

Bench
lol....train directly from penrith to central. that's not hard to get to.

If they are lucky enough to get an express train, but what about the people from kingswood? Mt druitt? Wentworthville? suburb trains that stop at every stop.

How many families do you think will travel that far under those conditions? Not many.

It's not an insult against your club, or the venue so stop taking every little thing that you deem against the 'roosters' to heart.

Its obvious that the fans are talking with their feet. The fans shouldn't have to adapt to where the stadiums are, stadiums should be built in places that are convenient for the fans.

You sook about low crowds and then when something is brought up revert back to the same old line "SFS is the best stadium BLAH BLAH BLAH, fans are fickle", fact is it doesnt matter if fans are fickle or not, we still gotta get them into the stadiums.

23k for a final game last year is a disgrace.

yakstorm

First Grade
Today's crowd at the SCG will be dependent on how many SCG Trust members turn up.

Tickets to the rest of the ground have sold really well, based upon these pre-sales it would be disappointing if it doesn't hit high 30's.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Starting to get a little dark in Western Sydney. Hopefully most people have already decided to go to the game and won't pull out late. Can't wait to see a sea of blue and white and red and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts