What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'm a bit weary of ticket sales reports in the media, normally they stuff it up and claim a sell out like at every big game at Suncorp. Then it ends up not being a total sellout and people are disappointed.

The dragons and easts got 36k last year so i would expect todays game to at least get mid 30k's. Hopefully the doggies and eels win today, give the game next week at ANZ the best chance to maximise the crowd.

user_nat

Coach
Storm have been in pretty good form and still can't draw a crowd. Pretty disappointing.

Still.. better than Olympic park days.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez that stadium looks good, even sounds good when just a third full. A team as good as the Storm do deserve a bigger crowd to appreciate them. I wonder what the marketing is like by the Storm, I know it is AFL heartland but you would think in a city that size 15k+ should be manageable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
probaby around 12-13k I'd say.

Rain falls and the stadium suddenly doesn;t look that god as people scramble for their umbrellas. Build a roof that covers people ffs!

yakstorm

First Grade
But it's raining in Melbourne, surely that's a good enough excuse for the Storm crowd?

Honestly lets wait till they name a crowd before we start throwing stones at the Storm. The GA areas and Cat 3 areas actually are quite dense, so it could be a case of their fans are changing where they buy.

The Storm crowds, regardless of their form are generally consistent, their true fans of around 11-13K turn up game in game out regardless of where they are. The Storm won't get big spikes in crowds till they take on the popular 3 teams in Melbourne which are the Dragons, the Warriors and Broncos.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
The streets leading towards Moore Park are an absolute carpark, according to the radio. They may even have to delay kickoff possibly.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Sounds like chaos outside the SCG. Thousands of people are set to miss kick off. It appears most decided to drive and not use public transport. Most parking is gone outside the ground.

Billythekid

First Grade
Some people are a little harsh on the crowd today. Will probably be around 13K.

How many would most Sydney clubs pull against the storm in this sort of weather?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Some people are a little harsh on the crowd today. Will probably be around 13K.

How many would most Sydney clubs pull against the storm in this sort of weather?

I've said numerous times 75% of clubs only have around 11k-14k home fans. There is only maybe 3 or 4 with more. Melbourne, Canberra, NQ etc don't have the benefit of 1-3k+ travelling fans at games like Sydney clubs or the two or three big derbies that boos their annual avg significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.