What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
Why does it seem to rain on the big games esp grand finals you can always count on rain.

Idk, that game should of pushed 40k, RD 1 dogs vs tigers should of pushed 30k, Souths vs dogs should of got 25-28k.

All games crowds were remarkably lower due to rain. RD 1 was 25k, souths game was 18k, today 31k.

Obviously just looking at the dogs side of things im sure it happens to other teams as well, sharks/dragons should of been a sell out but that was 12k because of rain

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
31k was phenomenal today given the weather. Very impressive, particularly Saints fans, being a home game good stuff.

The Bulldogs had plenty of fans there too, just much less to cheer about lol

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Why does it seem to rain on the big games esp grand finals you can always count on rain.

We are bloody cursed in recent times with rain. tbh if the rain was as bad as it was after my soccer finished at the entrance then i couldn't blame people for using that as an excuse.

The Brewongle/Churchill stands were packed and exclusively Dragons fans.

Good to see a big crowd, without the bloody rain and traffic it could have been high 30k's.

Out of interest what is the SCG capacity for RL/rectangular field games??

docbrown

Coach
119,262 for the round thus far.

Any attendance over about 12,000 at Lang Park tomorrow will put us ahead of last year to date.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Brewongle/Churchill stands were packed and exclusively Dragons fans.
Upper decks yeah - probably to do with the fact it was the designated Red V members area. Basically the main stand at WIN Jubilee, just in a different stadium
We are bloody cursed in recent times with rain. tbh if the rain was as bad as it was after my soccer finished at the entrance then i couldn't blame people for using that as an excuse.

Good to see a big crowd, without the bloody rain and traffic it could have been high 30k's.

Out of interest what is the SCG capacity for RL/rectangular field games??
It wasn't too bad at the start, which is why I think the crowd was actually as good as it was. Had the rain come in earlier, we might not have cracked 25k.

SCG capacity doesn't change between sports - it's always around the 46k mark from memory.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's with Melbourne crowds, they seem to be lower in the new stadium than they were at Olympic?

no they are a bit higher. A combination of poor membership decisions and maybe some disgruntlement about the salary cap is probably causes.

Any one in Melbourne tell us how well the club is marketed down there?

I guess until they are on FTA live into Melbourne they are never going to get major public exposure on a regular basis.

Raiderdave

First Grade
What's with Melbourne crowds, they seem to be lower in the new stadium than they were at Olympic?

between 10 & 11K at Olympic Park for " average " run of the mill games like yesterdays , & 14 to 15K was a big crowd for Olympic park

now they're getting 12 to 13K for ... a game against an average opponent
but the difference with the new stadium is they now they have room for 20 to 25K + for a big game & will draw this against sides Like the Warriors on anzac day .. the Dragons .. Broncos
make no mistake ... the new venue is a great thing for them .. & if they continue to play like they have been their crowds will only increase further.
They are a great team to watch & melbournians appreciate quality.

NRLMad

Juniors
A definite positive is that Melbourne are proving to be resilient. Their 11K support base is stable.

The union factor, the salary cap issues, these would have capped this year's crowds a little.. but as we can see they are playing so well so are bound to bring in bigger crowds as the season goes on..

Smiley

Bench
Going off what sections are currently on sale for tonight, I'm guessing around 22,000 at Suncorp.

user_nat

Coach
Expecting rain/thunderstorms tonight also which probably won't help. I'm predicting 23k, which will hopefully be our lowest this year.

adamkungl

Immortal
If they are lucky enough to get an express train, but what about the people from kingswood? Mt druitt? Wentworthville? suburb trains that stop at every stop.

Used to do it from Greystanes, which doesn't even have a station.

How many families do you think will travel that far under those conditions? Not many.

Exactly, which is why most Sydney fans are pissweak, which is the point of this entire discussion.

It's not an insult against your club, or the venue so stop taking every little thing that you deem against the 'roosters' to heart.

Its obvious that the fans are talking with their feet. The fans shouldn't have to adapt to where the stadiums are, stadiums should be built in places that are convenient for the fans.

See above.

Let's just rework all the stadiums and railway lines in Sydney for the lazy pricks who will still not turn up if it's a little cloudy anyway.

CMUX

If they are lucky enough to get an express train, but what about the people from kingswood? Mt druitt? Wentworthville? suburb trains that stop at every stop.

How many families do you think will travel that far under those conditions? Not many.

It's not an insult against your club, or the venue so stop taking every little thing that you deem against the 'roosters' to heart.

Its obvious that the fans are talking with their feet. The fans shouldn't have to adapt to where the stadiums are, stadiums should be built in places that are convenient for the fans.

You sook about low crowds and then when something is brought up revert back to the same old line "SFS is the best stadium BLAH BLAH BLAH, fans are fickle", fact is it doesnt matter if fans are fickle or not, we still gotta get them into the stadiums.

23k for a final game last year is a disgrace.

The point is that when a rooster’s crowd is low (in this case the semi last year) everyone sticks the boot in and claims “no one supports rooster’s blah blah blah”. Then when we defend ourselves and tell the facts i.e. about 1,000 Penrith supporters turned up it suddenly becomes an infrastructure issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.