What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
looks like 16-17k at the knights. I knew they wouldn't touch 20k today, i suspect a lot of folks are waiting for the cheap tickets on tuesday, commited fans there. :sarcasm:

beave

Coach
looking at the cowboys game now, that crowd looks way bigger than reported. More people in east stand and on the hills than in the previous home games so not sure where they have pulled 10k from

This is what I was saying last night in here, the electronic turnstiles weren't working AGAIN this week at DFS, the attendant had to swipe every season ticket holder in with a generic ticket stub, I honestly think it wasn't registering each season ticket holder as it was being swiped. I have been to sh*t loads of games up here and I reckon there was about 14-15k, I wish stadiums QLD would sort their sh*t out because it is making us look bad. There's no way in the world the joint was only 1/3 full, you people who watched it on tv would have to agree with me.

Last edited:
I take the swans crowd figure with a grain of salt. They have added a few thousand to the gate.

Flicked over to that and it looked 15k tops. They will probably say that heaps of people were in side but if you werent interested enough to sit in the grandstand surely you wouldnt even go out on a night as wet as that given that its live on TV

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
This is what I was saying last night in here, the electronic turnstiles weren't working AGAIN this week at DFS, the attendant had to swipe every season ticket holder in with a generic ticket stub, I honestly think it wasn't registering each season ticket holder as it was being swiped. I have been to sh*t loads of games up here and I reckon there was about 14-15k, I wish stadiums QLD would sort their sh*t out because it is making us look bad. There's no way in the world the joint was only 1/3 full, you people who watched it on tv would have to agree with me.

When i turned the game on last night the first thing i said was "wow looks like a good crowd up there". No way there was only 10,000.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
:S

That is definitely a below average attendance even if it is the sharks

New Stadium.
New 2011 Coach
A whole heap of publicity leading into the week..

add to that

dry weather
sunday arvo
decent looking knights side + decent looking sharks side = good competitive game

disgraceful crowd IMO

Apey

Staff member
add to that

dry weather
sunday arvo
decent looking knights side + decent looking sharks side = good competitive game

disgraceful crowd IMO

while I do agree with you, our side was pretty poor on paper & don't forget we've lost our last 3 games.

still very disappointing.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I wonder what souths v dragons will get on MNF. Hopefully 20k but i think they have missed a big opportunity with this one, could have marketed it as one of the marque MNF games to get a big crowd. A historic rivalry, famous clubs, inglis v gasnier.......

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, 30,687 is a disappointing crowd.

And 8k at Brookie and Gosford are pretty good. Five years ago they would've both been 5k or 6k.

Teddyboy

First Grade
f**k me what is wrong with the NRL crowds.Maybe the game is going into a decline for a good few years like it did in the 1980's and again prematurely in the mid 90's with the super league war.
I f**kin hate Soccer and AFL but i find it sad at the moment that crowds are pretty dire for Both Rugby codes in Australia and New Zealand.

nko11

Juniors
f**k me what is wrong with the NRL crowds.Maybe the game is going into a decline for a good few years like it did in the 1980's and again prematurely in the mid 90's with the super league war.
I f**kin hate Soccer and AFL but i find it sad at the moment that crowds are pretty dire for Both Rugby codes in Australia and New Zealand.

Crowds didn't jump 10K overnight...:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There was an Ad in today's paper about tomorrow's game. $40 Family tickets and the first 5000 kids through the gate get free easter eggs or something. Predicted sunny day tomorrow too and there should be a decent crowd from the Easter Show too.

I expect both sets of supporters to bring at least 12-13k so 25k could be on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.