What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Over 20,000 now sold, apparently the most of any of this weekend's finals so far.

thats great for us :D
but mind bogglingly embarrasing for fans of the other clubs :sarcasm:

Manly fans are jokes at the best of times
but Bulldogs & Cowboys fans being out done by little old Raiders fans :eek:

& we're playing the Sharks
no disrespect to them ... but they hardly get Canberrans fired up like some other sides do
if we'd been playing any of the other Sydney sides bar Penrith
or say the Broncos

we'd of sold out by lunchtime today
now thats the sort of fever fans of some other clubs need to catch.. & certainly at finals time.:x

roarr

Juniors
I wish Dessy or Toovey would feed a few little gems to the media along the lines of Mal/Ricky in State of Origin. I don't care if they are best friends off the field... they just need to create a bit of fireworks to get the casual fan excited.

Obviously it's not a priority of a coach (and shouldn't b) but something that would make this game even bigger. They're both probably too experienced to bite.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He's a journo, he probably calls to ask them or asks the NRL. Ticket sales info is rarely published by ticketek or clubs

azza29

Juniors
Junior passes will be accepted for the Bulldogs v Manly game AND the Storm V Souths game... Now I kinder can understand it for the Dogs V Manly game (Never going to get 82,000), however for the Melbourne V Souths game???? Ticket sales must be slow.

I think we will be lucky to get to 20k in Melbourne. Plenty of room for everyone...

Big Sam

First Grade
According to the PAX number yesterday evening, roughly 9000 had been sold. When we played them in Rd2 they got around 15k. So I think we'll see something around the 16k-20k mark on Saturday.

PaulyTom

Juniors
According to the PAX number yesterday evening, roughly 9000 had been sold. When we played them in Rd2 they got around 15k. So I think we'll see something around the 16k-20k mark on Saturday.

I bought my ticket this morning at 1005am for the Storm vs Rabbitohs game and the pax number was over 10000.

I think they will get 18K plus

beave

Coach
thats great for us :D
but mind bogglingly embarrasing for fans of the other clubs :sarcasm:

Manly fans are jokes at the best of times
but Bulldogs & Cowboys fans being out done by little old Raiders fans :eek:

& we're playing the Sharks
no disrespect to them ... but they hardly get Canberrans fired up like some other sides do
if we'd been playing any of the other Sydney sides bar Penrith
or say the Broncos

we'd of sold out by lunchtime today
now thats the sort of fever fans of some other clubs need to catch.. & certainly at finals time.:x

I just did some dummy ticket purchases to see what was available up here and its all the end bays in all the grandstands bar the expensive $70 in the western. I havent seen anything official on how the ticket sales are going for each club so who knows really how each team is faring.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
:lol: at Raiders fans chest-beating.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you on this TimTim but I do. 7 games under 10000 this season and now it looks like the joint will fill up for a final isn't something to be ejaculating over.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I just did some dummy ticket purchases to see what was available up here and its all the end bays in all the grandstands bar the expensive $70 in the western. I havent seen anything official on how the ticket sales are going for each club so who knows really how each team is faring.

if the Cowboys game was close to a sellout like it should be .. something would have been said by now

read it as read ...... 22K sold for the Raiders with 5 days still to go
the DFS should at least be in this territory ... but isn't
the Melbourne game should be not too far off ..... but isn't
the ANZ game should be well ahead of this ... but isn't

like I said
if the Raiders were playing the Dragons ... Tigers .. Souths ... Manly ... Parramatta ..Roosters
or Bulldogs ... or .. Broncos in a final down here on Sunday instead of the Sharks
we'd of sold out before Lunch Yesterday
its just going to take a few days longer with the boys in black white n blue
its gunna be a sea of green & a great atmosphere on Sunday .. can't wait.

we now just need to harness this finals fever that Raiders fans get when we play one down here through the regular season
playing consistently would help:?

Raiderdave

First Grade
I can't believe I'm agreeing with you on this TimTim but I do. 7 games under 10000 this season and now it looks like the joint will fill up for a final isn't something to be ejaculating over.

I'm not .. who would be about our regular season attendances
our inconsistency on field & w@nker of a chairmen & his mind boggling statements contributed to our fans boycotting a lot of games down here

the coldest winter in 12 years & 3 games rained out didn't help either

but hey
our fans have proved they haven't gone far ... they're waiting for a consistently well performing.. well coached ... well administered team to follow

I dunno where Cowboys fans have gone :?
Melbourne fans in Melbourne .... well you'll see most of them on Sat .. theres just not many of them :sarcasm:
Bulldogs fans .... they'll be 25 to 30,000 of them there on Friday ..

& Manly fans
well I have made up a new saying in the vein of
South Sydney .. pride of the league
Manly .... joke of the league ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts