What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwet

Bench
If anyone buys a ticket today for the Dogs V Manly game, please post your PAX number here :)

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm not .. who would be about our regular season attendances
our inconsistency on field & w@nker of a chairmen & his mind boggling statements contributed to our fans boycotting a lot of games down here

the coldest winter in 12 years & 3 games rained out didn't help either

but hey
our fans have proved they haven't gone far ... they're waiting for a consistently well performing.. well coached ... well administered team to follow

I dunno where Cowboys fans have gone :?
Melbourne fans in Melbourne .... well you'll see most of them on Sat .. theres just not many of them :sarcasm:
Bulldogs fans .... they'll be 25 to 30,000 of them there on Friday ..

& Manly fans
well I have made up a new saying in the vein of
South Sydney .. pride of the league
Manly .... joke of the league ;-)

:lol:.

Your club almost managed to pull less than 10k for an average. You're club hasn't had a higher average than Manly since 2003...

So your fans 'boycotted' games because of the Furners during the regular season but now that you're in the Semi's everyone's showing up? Riiight...

...Congrats on the crowd. But after the season your club had in terms of gates, it might be advisable to take a chill pill and stop bagging clubs that averaged anywhere from 40 to 120% more people through the gate per game than the Raiders...

Craigshark

First Grade
if the Cowboys game was close to a sellout like it should be .. something would have been said by now

read it as read ...... 22K sold for the Raiders with 5 days still to go
the DFS should at least be in this territory ... but isn't
the Melbourne game should be not too far off ..... but isn't
the ANZ game should be well ahead of this ... but isn't

like I said
if the Raiders were playing the Dragons ... Tigers .. Souths ... Manly ... Parramatta ..Roosters
or Bulldogs ... or .. Broncos in a final down here on Sunday instead of the Sharks
we'd of sold out before Lunch Yesterday
its just going to take a few days longer with the boys in black white n blue
its gunna be a sea of green & a great atmosphere on Sunday .. can't wait.

we now just need to harness this finals fever that Raiders fans get when we play one down here through the regular season
playing consistently would help:?

Haha, how do you figure this? One minute you say Manly don't travel, the next you'd sell out your ground quicker if you were playing Manly.. Doesn't make sense.

BDR

First Grade
I can't believe we haven't sold our game out yet. Our fans have gotten really slack lately.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Haha, how do you figure this? One minute you say Manly don't travel, the next you'd sell out your ground quicker if you were playing Manly.. Doesn't make sense.

seriously ?:sarcasm:
are you that stupid ?:?

it'd be our fans that would sell out a final against Manly
they'd send down 4 of their hard core supporters to contribute to it

really dude
think before you post :lol::lol:

the dude

Juniors
Dogs vs Manly - 40,000
Storm vs Souths - 19,000
Cowboys vs Broncos - 25,000
Raiders vs Sharks - 25,000

Raiderdave

First Grade
Your club almost managed to pull less than 10k for an average. You're club hasn't had a higher average than Manly since 2003...

So your fans 'boycotted' games because of the Furners during the regular season but now that you're in the Semi's everyone's showing up? Riiight...

...Congrats on the crowd. But after the season your club had in terms of gates, it might be advisable to take a chill pill and stop bagging clubs that averaged anywhere from 40 to 120% more people through the gate per game than the Raiders...

your team is the defending premiers winning the 2008 GF & appearing in the 2007 GF as well & have been near or in the top 4 all year
yet couldn't average 14,000 at Brookvale :eek:
it aint anything to crow about

put our club in your position ... 3GF's in 4 years .. winning 2 & top 4 all year
also
give us a climate thats the same as Sydney's

& ask yourself if we'd do better then 14,000?
we'd whop that pathetic figure:lol::lol:

now Manly come out & win one week by 30 away
then lose by 40 at home the next
& this goes on week after week
your chairmen says he doesn't care about his clubs fans .. they aren't important :sarcasm:

you play in conditions that range from freezing to artic ... & 3 games get rained out
would Manly average 10,000 plus still
you'd barely get half that

& thats a fact .....

don't compare your clubs fans to ours
pound for pound that are not in our post code when it comes to support V relative performance.;-)

Kirky

Juniors
So all year these fellow Raiders fans in my office - who I dislike for unrelated reasons - have bitched and moaned about the atmosphere at Raiders games, and about the public not turning out to games. And now that the general public is jumping on board and selling out the stadium do they celebrate? No. They bitch and moan about not being able to sit in their regular seats. They deride the wave of support as 'bandwagoners'. FFS, i'm not sitting in my normal seat either, and I couldn't give two sh*ts. Atmosphere's going to be amazing! We need to embrace the wave of support, not dismiss it as 'bloody bandwagoners'. Belt up Raiders fans!

Craigshark

First Grade
seriously ?:sarcasm:
are you that stupid ?:?

it'd be our fans that would sell out a final against Manly
they'd send down 4 of their hard core supporters to contribute to it

really dude
think before you post :lol::lol:

Oh okay.. I get you.. So you are saying that Raiders fans would rather pay to watch them lose against Manly then pay to watch them have a good chance of beating Cronulla in a FINALS match? Shouldn't who you are playing not matter, considering it's a finals match?

I wouldn't bag other teams support mate.. You guys had one of if not the worst crowd average.

Raiderdave

First Grade
So all year these fellow Raiders fans in my office - who I dislike for unrelated reasons - have bitched and moaned about the atmosphere at Raiders games, and about the public not turning out to games. And now that the general public is jumping on board and selling out the stadium do they celebrate? No. They bitch and moan about not being able to sit in their regular seats. They deride the wave of support as 'bandwagoners'. FFS, i'm not sitting in my normal seat either, and I couldn't give two sh*ts. Atmosphere's going to be amazing! We need to embrace the wave of support, not dismiss it as 'bloody bandwagoners'. Belt up Raiders fans!

there are F wits in all walks of life
it seems you have a higher concentration in your office then normal Kirky

they are sad ...unhappy people who aren't satisfied ever with anything
or better known as .... public servants

you don't sound like a typical one though which is good ;-)

Valheru

Coach
give us a climate thats the same as Sydney's

Yeah no problems, we will just ship the weather over

I am sick to death of the ?it?s cold? excuse in Canberra. The joint has always and will always be cold so it can?t be a surprise to anyone when the chill kicks in. Personally, I can?t see why anyone would stay away in Canberra due to the cold, it is likely to be just as cold for any other game there so what is the difference?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Oh okay.. I get you.. So you are saying that Raiders fans would rather pay to watch them lose against Manly then pay to watch them have a good chance of beating Cronulla in a FINALS match? Shouldn't who you are playing not matter, considering it's a finals match?

I wouldn't bag other teams support mate.. You guys had one of if not the worst crowd average.

ah no ... the point & you are still in different post codes :sarcasm:
they'd turn up regardless
no rather about it

I wouldn't keep commenting If i were you .... as you have NFI about much it seems ;-)

Craigshark

First Grade
ah no ... the point & you are still in different post codes :sarcasm:
they'd turn up regardless
no rather about it

I wouldn't keep commenting If i were you .... as you have NFI about much it seems ;-)

Wtf is this meant to mean?

Try English next time.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Yeah no problems, we will just ship the weather over

I am sick to death of the ?it?s cold? excuse in Canberra. The joint has always and will always be cold so it can?t be a surprise to anyone when the chill kicks in. Personally, I can?t see why anyone would stay away in Canberra due to the cold, it is likely to be just as cold for any other game there so what is the difference?

:lol::lol:

I'd love to see soft Sydneysiders like you turnout the way we do in similar conditions
of course it would never happen
anyone who thinks it isn't a factor is just not playing with a full deck :lol::lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd love Raider Dave to write in Australian English one day.

ek999

First Grade
:lol::lol:

I'd love to see soft Sydneysiders like you turnout the way we do in similar conditions
of course it would never happen
anyone who thinks it isn't a factor is just not playing with a full deck :lol::lol:

Canberra is a bandwagon town. Always has been, always will be. If a team is going well, they will turn up no matter what. Case in point is the Brumbies in early 2000's. Constantly winning and pretty much every game was a sell-out even when it is -2 or -3. Now they barely get anyone to matches regardless of the conditions because they aren't going too well. Same for the Raiders, going well the crowds will be big. Going bad, they will struggle to 10k even if it is 23 degress and not a cloud in the sky

Walt Flanigan

Referee
There's no doubt Canberra is a bandwagon town, but the cold still plays it's part. There's not a lot of people who want their kids out in those temperatures. But it is a lot easier to put up with those conditions when you're team is going well.

Either way it's not going to be a factor this weekend. It's starting to warm up down here and should be around 20 degrees on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.