What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-ba

Post Whore
Manly fans can't really talk about crowds.

With all the success the club has had, especially in the past 5 years, their history, climate and location in the league heartland of Sydney they should be selling out every game at Brookvale.

I didn't until a troll started hoeing into Manly about their crowds after a season where 4000 Dogs fans saved the Raiders from being the first club to average under 10,000 in years...

Come check out our 'location' in Sydney. Gouldburn to Canberra would be easier and quicker most days than Randwick to Brookvale...

Boo f**king hoo. You make it sound like Canberrans are unable to handle the climate that THEY F*CKING LIVE IN.

It's a lovely story and a beautiful fiction you have there.

If it was a fact it could be proved. Short of changing Australian climate patterns, it can't be proved.

Swap us Brookvale for Bruce (If we had a 25k capacity we'd have averaged over 14k at Brookvale. As it stands we've had a capacity of about 17k for the last few years. Brookvale makes Bruce look like the Westin)...And then swap the Gumbies for the Waratards and the Thwans who play in vastly better stadiums...It's not like our board is exactly a super happy family either.

Seriously, good work canberra but please shut up Mr Dave...

The problem isn't with adults or even teenagers imo, it's kids.

Sure, I'm freezing at the game, but I can tolerate it because I'm a grown man, however parents won't take their young children in that kind of weather, they'd be stupid to - irresponsible even.

t-ba

Post Whore
The problem isn't with adults or even teenagers imo, it's kids.

Sure, I'm freezing at the game, but I can tolerate it because I'm a grown man, however parents won't take their young children in that kind of weather, they'd be stupid to - irresponsible even.

Yep, no doubt.

Maybe the Raiders should request to have the majority of their home games played before June and have the rest spaced out in Winter so they can be billed as 'events' rather than a fortnightly torture session.

beave

Coach
I just did some more dummy ticket buying (3 tix) in all the sides of DFS, a lot of the areas are showing tickets exhausted or only single seats left so that is a great sign.

In the northern, southern and eastern stands, all that seems to be left is one end bay in each stand and seats in the back rows. The last few years ,ticketek took over the the DFS ticket sales and not the cowboys owned 'tickets online' (well i believe we owned it) so the lack of public updates on crowd size for Saturday may be due to the fact the club doesn't really have oversight for this event like they did in the past.

Bit sad it hasn't sold out yet but fingers crossed it does on the night or goes damn close to it.

cleary89

Coach
any updates on tickets sold?

edit: woops, should have refreshed thread before posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts