What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
anything under 40,000 should be considered ... unacceptable

so the crowd was .. unacceptable

25,000 plus Dogs Fans there .. they held up their end
if it had been Parramatta ..the Tigers or the Dragons, they'd been playing instead of Manly
the crowd would have been 50,000

Yes, western an inner western teams playing in a western stadium would have bumped up the crowd, nothing gets by raiderdave lol

Why is just the two fan bases (in this case 1) that get blamed, where the f**k are the neutrals who love the sport?

Earl

Coach
It was really windy in Sydney today. Kept the crowd down by at least 20%

Classic Ray Warren. Senile old merkin

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why is just the two fan bases (in this case 1) that get blamed, where the f**k are the neutrals who love the sport?

I hate ANZ, so there is my excuse. Play it at the SFS and I might go, I hate the stadium, everything about it is awful, and I would only go there for a GF and ONLY if Brisbane are playing

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given the teams, great crowd. Highest ever for the two sides outside the 1995 Grand Final.

As I mentioned in another thread, 25k Dogs 11k Manly in all fairness, Dogs fans clearly dominant.

I don't blame Manly fans so much as I blame the club for poor marketing and membership promotion. Surely a reigning premiership team can do better?

DIOGENES

Juniors
Speaking of AFL crowds (why would you bother)
Main season 2012:
NRL - record
AFL - lowest average since 1996

fanatique

Juniors
Whilst it didn't reach 40k, i think that's an okay crowd. Not sure what others realistically expected

Totally valid point with the emphasis on "realistic". My own prediction was in the 32 to 34K range. I was pleased with eh 36K.

Getting 40,000 plus in first week in finals in Sydney depends of having two of the Dragons, Tigers, Dogs, Souths or Eels in opposition.

skeepe

Immortal
All I hear are excuses.

Are you telling me there are not at least 50,000 people in Sydney who want to go to a final? Surely there are more than 36k combined Manly fans, Dogs fans and neutrals who want to see the only final played there this week?

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
I really can not see any other Sydney team that would have gotten that crowd on a friday night against manly. If parra was a decent team maybe they could have..
That game on a saturday night would have hit 50

cleary89

Coach
All I hear are excuses.

Are you telling me there are not at least 50,000 people in Sydney who want to go to a final? Surely there are more than 36k combined Manly fans, Dogs fans and neutrals who want to see the only final played there this week?

So we can expect Canberra to beat it Sunday?

Raiderdave

First Grade
bleak is the outlook for the Manly final next week at the SFS

V the Cowboys ...... jesus who knows:sarcasm:
V the Broncos ....... well it might be a bit better

but all we can be certain of is that Manly fans will set a whole new standard of average attendance wise next week ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.