What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's what, 5 million people in Sydney? It's supposed to be a final at a neutral venue.

The mentality of "it's not my team I'm not going" is what holds back the crowds and before anyone says its on a Friday night the majority of people wanted $1bn regardless of consequences

I've seen you write this or something similar to this a few times over the past couple of days.

Are you at the game?

Haffa

Not as bad, but close. Brooky/Liech are the worst.

No, Manly fans need a kick up the ass for not going to the game.

I agree, they deserve a kick up the arse. I just find it ludicrous that the NRL forces these games to the SFS. What happens if it's Penrith vs Cowboys instead? Crowd would be just as shit.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If Parra or Souths or Wests or Canterbury or St George or even Cronulla had a team as good as this (they've made the finals something like 8 years in a row, NOONE else has more than THREE years in a row atm) they would be getting massive crowds.

It seems only Easts and Manly can't get great crowds even with sustained success.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Pretty shit night to be honest just doesn't feel like a big time finals match when its not packed out. There are certainly problems needing addressed by HQ as even the SFS members looked way emptier than usual. Perhaps the lack of neutrals is down to people not wanting to pay to watch a team they hate.

How can manly fans possibly want a brookie fixture in week 2 of the finals! so so insular

elbusto

Coach
Pretty shit night to be honest just doesn't feel like a big time finals match when its not packed out. There are certainly problems needing addressed by HQ as even the SFS members looked way emptier than usual. Perhaps the lack of neutrals is down to people not wanting to pay to watch a team they hate.

How can manly fans possibly want a brookie fixture in week 2 of the finals! so so insular
Apologies to all Roosters fans for ever complaining about your crowds bro. Manly supporters are shit. 16000 for that game FFS!

Billythekid

First Grade
No other team in the comp could draw a crowd that bad in a finals match. Appaling effort. Possibly the worst crowd i've seen since i've been following NRL crowds.

Azyboy

Juniors
While Manly are serial offenders, why isn't there the flexibility to consider moving such a game to an alternative venue or a Saturday afternoon even? I understand TV ratings are important but at what cost? Would such a game have drawn better on a Saturday or does the blame solely lie with Manly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts