What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.H

Juniors
If Parra or Souths or Wests or Canterbury or St George or even Cronulla had a team as good as this (they've made the finals something like 8 years in a row, NOONE else has more than THREE years in a row atm) they would be getting massive crowds.

It seems only Easts and Manly can't get great crowds even with sustained success.
Really? Thought we did OK between 2003 - 2005...

What the f**k would you know about sustained success anyway?

Raiderdave

First Grade
so we get this

There's what, 5 million people in Sydney? It's supposed to be a final at a neutral venue.
The mentality of "it's not my team I'm not going" is what holds back the crowds and before anyone says its on a Friday night the majority of people wanted $1bn regardless of consequences

followed by this a few posts later

My team is not playing. It's Friday night. it too cold
Cbf crossing the bridge

ahhhhhhhh:sarcasm:

:lol::lol::lol:

FMD :crazy:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Being an invested NRL fan is kind of like having a ferrari and living in penrith.

You really enjoy the car, but you are constantly worried about it...

Springs

First Grade
First order : move friday finals back to Sunday.

Second: manly have shit fans, shit ground and shit reason to even be in this comp. I honestly do not know what they add.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Should have played it at a packed Brookvale or on the Central Coast.
The NRL and it's TV pay masters will have to learn that empty seats in the grounds on TV will make uncomfortable viewing and will cause alot of fans to switch off.
No more friday games.

So what you got the dosh but the image of the game is shit at the mo.

Red Bear

Referee
If Parra or Souths or Wests or Canterbury or St George or even Cronulla had a team as good as this (they've made the finals something like 8 years in a row, NOONE else has more than THREE years in a row atm) they would be getting massive crowds.

It seems only Easts and Manly can't get great crowds even with sustained success.
Easts averaged cosistently well over 16K over the 03-05 period (when they were good) and consistently 20K plus in finals, including 43K against Nth Qld at ANZ stadium (a distance from their home ground as well). Shut up

Brutus

Referee
We paid 25 bucks each for general admission tickets and ended up sitting in brilliant cat 1 seats about 6 rows back behind the Channel 9 commentators on the sideline.

Anyone who paid for a Cat 1 ticket tonight needs their head read. There were cat 1 seats galore to choose from.

Billythekid

First Grade
132 less than Melbourne v North QLD at the same venue in 2005.

This is hilarious and sad at the same time. I stand by my previous comment, this may be the worst crowd i have seen since i started following crowd numbers. Pathetic effort.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Should have played it at a packed Brookvale or on the Central Coast.
The NRL and it's TV pay masters will have to learn that empty seats in the grounds on TV will make uncomfortable viewing and will cause alot of fans to switch off.

There is absolutely no evidence that supports this theory.

cleary89

Coach
Someone mentioned earlier saints had a team in the pre game (premier league?) and they opened it up to club members or something.

Dunno how correct it is but would make sense.

skeepe

Immortal
What a disgraceful crowd. Absolutely pathetic from Manly fans.

I remember the Raiders vs Warriors final in 2003 got double the crowd that was there last night.

H.H

Juniors
thinking back, that would've been a pretty good crowd tbh. Anyone remember what the split was like on the night?
Yeah I was there that night (purely to support the game).

From memory, Storm probably had more than the cowboys, but the neutrals like myself outnumbered them all.

DIOGENES

Juniors
For a season record (both aggregate and average) the finals need 337K using Paul's figures
So far:
Week 1 102K
Week 4 assume 83K
Week 2 &3 need 152 K in 4 games
Cowboys/Manly 16k
Now some big assumptions:
Souths/raiders 35k
Storm/manly 25k

This leaves 76k for the Dogs preliminary final - possible against the bunnies but i think unlikely against the Raiders.

DIOGENES

Juniors
It strikes me as odd that fhe crowds at finals are now seen as partisan -e.g. yesterday's crowd is blamed on a poor turnout of Manly supporters. At this end of the season genuine league fans should be turning up no matter who is playing.

When I last lived in Sydney in the mid 90s to be sure to get a GF ticket I would take a Panther's membership and then I got the right to a finals package which included all the finals which were played at SFS. The crowds for games between 2 out of town teams were still low but a lot better than yesterday's disgrace.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Thing is the Swans will get a bigger crowd if Souths fail and that will not look got on Rugby League esp with the TV deal.

Garts

Bench
Thing is the Swans will get a bigger crowd if Souths fail and that will not look got on Rugby League esp with the TV deal.

What does the TV deal have to do with numbers at the game? It is all about the number of people watching on TV, so long as the tv ratings are high the crowd at the game really means sfa. I agree it does not look good with empty seats but as long as people are watching on tv, that is what counts.

Teddyboy

First Grade
What does the TV deal have to do with numbers at the game? It is all about the number of people watching on TV, so long as the tv ratings are high the crowd at the game really means sfa. I agree it does not look good with empty seats but as long as people are watching on tv, that is what counts.

But that is a bad attitude for the love of Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.