What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
About time someone commented on the likely crowd in Melbourne. Will it top the piddling 19000 achieved for the Melbourne-Souths game, in which Souths got nearly half the numbers? I don't think anyone would seriously suggest that Manly would garner those sort of numbers, although anything is possible. The real issue is the actual level of support Melbourne really has. Anything less than 25,000 would be a total failure. In fact 25,000 really is a failure.

25k a failure? You're taking the piss right? The game won't get 30k because capacity is only 30052 (http://aamipark.com.au/PortalData/1/Resources/arenas/aamipark/Storm_seating_plan.pdf) and that includes all dining/corporate suites. Last year's "sold out" final against the Warriors picked up 28k and they are the best supported "away" team in Melbourne by a long shot.

And Souths did not get "nearly half the numbers" for our qualifying final, would have been 20% of the crowd at most (and that's a generous estimate). Even if we get 28k on Friday night I doubt there will be any more than 1-2k Manly supporters.

Raiderdave

First Grade
FFs bulldog why print this shit.

The game has made your career mate

Show some respect, even of we were behind

Why wouldnt you just spin it into a win for us

They lie all the time

and I think they're doing it again :sarcasm:

that lil bit about the members is a tad sus

are they counting them in their 21K
I'd say they are

meaning real ticket sales may be as low as 11K for the swines game
we're also including them ... but only in our pax which is over 31K
but unlike the AFL we're not including members in our official ticket sales for yesterday

Brutus

Referee
Dean Ritchie and the Telegraph are a joke.

Spend the week measuring dicks with the AFL instead of pumping up the blockbuster RL game.

juro

Bench
No need to spin one way or another. The answer will be known come Saturday night.

At least if he turns it into an NRL vs AFL shootout, it will make sure that as many people get to the game as possible. Turn it into a matter of pride...

dgsfan

Juniors
Just chucked a sneaky $50 on the Dogs-Rabbits crowd to outdraw the AFL. NRL should go close to selling out, surely. Plus, ANZ has a lower capacity for AFL games because of the oval field.

Brutus

Referee
Just chucked a sneaky $50 on the Dogs-Rabbits crowd to outdraw the AFL. NRL should go close to selling out, surely. Plus, ANZ has a lower capacity for AFL games because of the oval field.

What betting agency?

Money for jam.

Valheru

Coach
and I think they're doing it again

that lil bit about the members is a tad sus

are they counting them in their 21K
I'd say they are

meaning real ticket sales may be as low as 11K for the swines game
we're also including them ... but only in our pax which is over 31K
but unlike the AFL we're not including members in our official ticket sales for yesterday

Who the f**k cares?

Both sides can claim they have sold 200k tickets; it won't change the official crowd.

Why people on here are so obsessed with this supposed crowd showdown is beyond me. At the end of the day I think the difference will be negligible as I believe both will get lows 70?s.

ouwet

Bench
PAX over 40,000 at around 12ish...

South Cat 1, Burrow pretty much sold out (Maybe singles in Cat 1 left). Cat 2 going very quick...

Bulldogs Cat 1 limited available... Cat 2 selling quick (Level 6 only available, again unless you buy singles).

IF you haven't bought tickets and thinking about going, you better do it soon!!! If this game doesn't sell out, it'll go close and only crappy seats will be left.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Good work fans

I don't see any show down at all

I will be watching manly v storm on Friday

And don't care one way or the other what happens to the swans

How dare they even mention in the same breath as our great game

Kirky

Juniors

Was the bet just for the two games in Sydney, or all 4 prelims across AFL and NRL? If it's just the two games in Sydney, I can't believe they're taking bets on that. In addition to the smaller capacity, ticket prices to the AFL are double that of our game. There is literally no way that the Swans game will outdraw our prelim. I can't access betting websites at work to check, but if it is just the two ANZ games, i'll be putting a damn sight more than $50 on it :D

dgsfan

Juniors
Not sure if it's just the two games but the Dogs Rabbits was at 2.05 when I put my bet on. It's now 1.88.

The wording says "Which game will have the bigger crowd" suggests it's between 2 games, otherwise it would have read "Which game will have the biggest crowd".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts