What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
OUTSTANDING showing by the Rabbitoh Army. That would be in the top 10 crowds for Sydney this year. And when you take into consideration the average weather and playing a team not winning much. It shows the bandwagoners are coming out of the woodwork. I expect 25k against the Tigers for Sunday Arvo next week if this night game against a worse team from further away got 21k.

BM sitting there at the stadium like was last night I thought the crowd was more like 25,000 and was surprised to hear the crowd of 21,000. I must be a bad judge.

BM, I am not sure where you were last night but the weather here was quite good. No rain in sight. Yes a cool night especially towards game end. A good night for people to come to ANZ.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The metaphor would be true if both Souths and Stg were dominating onfield too.

The better metaphor is Dogs v Souths this year and we got 35k to our match earlier in the year. Both teams are doing better now than they were then. Dogs v Souths would get 45k this weekend.

you got 35K with 20K dogs fans & some easter show traffic

as someone said
the Bulldogs will nudge last nights Souths crowd against the COWBOYS for F sake
their fans aren't pretend supporters , when they're playing well
they show up

face it
you have possibly your best team since 1971 ... , your club apparently has 22K members
yet your fans are STILL hiding .... what the hell are they waiting for ?:sarcasm:

bobmar28

Bench
People want to. They choose to. It's part of the game day experience whether anyone likes it or not.

The best solution for rugby league in coming years and decades IMO is to ensure 75% of games are played at modern, mid- to large-capacity venues.

The matches against low-drawing opposition from interstate - build the interest in those by playing those matches at boutique grounds (Brookvale, Leichhardt, Kogarah, Belmore etc etc).

We don't have to be copying the AFL to be successful.

Last night also offered further proof that SEQ does not need another NRL team.

Why would anyone want to stand on a hill? It looks third world or 19th century. I just hope no one overseas sees that.
Have a look at football codes around the world. Do you see people standing on hills?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why would anyone want to stand on a hill? It looks third world or 19th century. I just hope no one overseas sees that.
Have a look at football codes around the world. Do you see people standing on hills?

Third world, 19th century :lol:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

Better atmosphere and a much better experience, especially if you are a hardcore fan. I can never comprehend how people can sit down during a footy match, there's so much excitement at games I'd be jumping out of my seat every few seconds.

As for the rest of your post :lol:.

VictoryFC

Bench
Better atmosphere and a much better experience, especially if you are a hardcore fan. I can never comprehend how people can sit down during a footy match, there's so much excitement at games I'd be jumping out of my seat every few seconds.

As for the rest of your post :lol:.

What you've just said is mostly irrelevant.

Clearly hes alluding to the grass aspect, not the standing. There are plenty of leagues that permit standing... on concrete. Example: Super League. Hes right, it looks far more contemporary than patches of grass.

Every ground should have stands with seating that is roofed, or terraces with a roof. The premier sport in Australia shouldn't be selling tickets for patches of uncovered grass. Who gives a shit how nostalgic people get? Not a great image, especially when those areas aren't full.

DC_fan

Coach
Looks to be less then 10,000 at Cronulla. I thought they might have got a few more then what it looks to be.

It's raining at Penrith. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't break 7,000 there.

BDR

First Grade
In an ideal world we'd have a Leichhardt stadium at Redfern Oval to play our 5/6 lowest drawing games. We'd play our 5/6 highest drawing games at SFS/ANZ (both have their pros and cons) and we'd sell 1 or 2 to a place like Gosford or Perth.

But we don't always get everything we want.

Playing out of those huge cavernous stadiums is the worst thing about rugby league in Sydney. If Souths were to get a 20,000 seater boutique I don't see why you'd have to play out of SFS/ANZ for anything other than finals games and maybe 2 or 3 marquee games vs Dogs, Wests and Easts.

Ideally this would happen for every club but sadly it won't. Makes our game look like shit when there is a 1:4 filled to empty seat ratio.

Perth Red

Post Whore
In an ideal world we'd have a Leichhardt stadium at Redfern Oval to play our 5/6 lowest drawing games. We'd play our 5/6 highest drawing games at SFS/ANZ (both have their pros and cons) and we'd sell 1 or 2 to a place like Gosford or Perth.

But we don't always get everything we want.

In an ideal world every club would be playing In an AAMI stadium!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Herpa herpa merga merga derpa derpa

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Crap round for crowds. Yes there where 2 weaker fixtures at penrith and parra but the rest are inexcusable in my opinion. The lack of dragons fans on saturday night was very noticeable, i would say 19k souths and the rest neutrals and dragons. What we need is more reciprical rights games for members to maximise crowds, but this is very hard when most sydney games are played at suburban grounds.

dogz08

First Grade
Next Week..

Dragons v Storm 15k
Roosters v Titans 9k
Bulldogs v Cowboys 20k
Sharks v Panthers 11k
Eagles v Warriors 15k
Raiders v Knights 12k
Rabbitohs v Tigers 30k
Broncos v Eels 25k

Status