What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyboy

First Grade
If todays afl game between suns and lions tops last night at skilled it will be pretty embarassing for league folks in SEQ. I'm willing to give manly the benefit of the doubt if the capacity has been reduced for a time, but i am confident mid 20's would have been easily obtained at a Allianz or ANZ.

While the titans v broncos is a derby in a geographical sense i feel it is still too young to generate a genuine hatred between the clubs and fans that leads to automatic sellouts associated with derbies world wide. I don't sense any hatred between the fan sets so i would call it a soft derby tbh.

Souths v Dragons should be getting 30k tonight. Given souths are top 4 material and dragons are hunting for a finals spot

I wish people not give crowd predication's as there always seem to be a big letdown come matchday.

user_nat

Coach
Thought it would be more at ANZ. Looked better than usual in the area alongside/behind the posts.

BunniesMan

Immortal
OUTSTANDING showing by the Rabbitoh Army. That would be in the top 10 crowds for Sydney this year. And when you take into consideration the average weather and playing a team not winning much. It shows the bandwagoners are coming out of the woodwork. I expect 25k against the Tigers for Sunday Arvo next week if this night game against a worse team from further away got 21k.

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
OUTSTANDING showing by the Rabbitoh Army. That would be in the top 10 crowds for Sydney this year. And when you take into consideration the average weather and playing a team not winning much. It shows the bandwagoners are coming out of the woodwork. I expect 25k against the Tigers for Sunday Arvo next week if this night game against a worse team from further away got 21k.

:lol::lol::lol:

The Dragons brought a solid contingent of supporters.

we'll get more than that against the Cowboys this week.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol::lol::lol:
Whats so funny? It was a top 10 crowd for Sydney this year. So it was excellent.

Take into consideration the showers today, the fact it was a night game and it was against a mediocre team, outstanding.

Considering next week is a day game rather than night, a top 8 team rather than non top 8, and Wests fans are closer to ANZ than Dragons fans, 25k is possible.

Chook Norris

First Grade
21k is spectacularly average for a Souths v St George game.. I'm interested to see how that stacks up against previous years at ANZ..

BunniesMan

Immortal
Stg v Souths is the realistically our barcelona v Madrid

21 k is not outstanding
The metaphor would be true if both Souths and Stg were dominating onfield too.

The better metaphor is Dogs v Souths this year and we got 35k to our match earlier in the year. Both teams are doing better now than they were then. Dogs v Souths would get 45k this weekend.

the dude

Juniors
And it certainly looked liked more than 21k at the game tonight. I thought more like 25k.

Either way, I really hope we get a good turnout next week against the Tigers. Sunday arvo footy, 30k would be great.

Fire

First Grade
True. I wasn't having a dig. Just think it'd be better for Souths and Canterbury fans to have their own suburban ground. It feels funny when I go there. When we played out of the SFS it was the same, just felt weird.

the dude

Juniors
True. I wasn't having a dig. Just think it'd be better for Souths and Canterbury fans to have their own suburban ground. It feels funny when I go there. When we played out of the SFS it was the same, just felt weird.

I would much rather play out of SFS to be honest. But that would mean sharing with the scummiest team in the league. :eek:

Unfortunately subruban grounds are slowly becoming a thing of the past. What I would give to have a Kogarah/Campbelltown style stadium in Redfern.

Fire

First Grade
I would much rather play out of SFS to be honest. But that would mean sharing with the scummiest team in the league. :eek:

Unfortunately subruban grounds are slowly becoming a thing of the past. What I would give to have a Kogarah/Campbelltown style stadium in Redfern.

Yep. It'd be like us and Sharks sharing a ground. Yeah suburban grounds are definitely becoming a thing of the past (at least for Sydney teams). It's f**ked.

BunniesMan

Immortal
In an ideal world we'd have a Leichhardt stadium at Redfern Oval to play our 5/6 lowest drawing games. We'd play our 5/6 highest drawing games at SFS/ANZ (both have their pros and cons) and we'd sell 1 or 2 to a place like Gosford or Perth.

But we don't always get everything we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts