What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
Nrl should bring in license criteria like SL did. Stadium size min 20k with x amount undercover seating. Might motivate govt's to get some of the grounds upgraded if there is a real risk of their clubs losing licenses.

The problem is that we have nine sydney teams that play out of ten different grounds. While some of the grounds could meet any criteria, many wouldn't. Their is no way a governement is going to spend money to bring those grounds up to scratch.

I for one have been saying for a number of years now that nine is too many Sydney teams to have the competition.

H.H

Juniors
and that is why you never over estimate rugby league crowds
Yeah well I wasn't over estimating when I made that post....in hindsight though it turned out I did.

I seriously cannot fathom how those two teams can only draw 20k....I know the ticket prices are expensive there, but far out....what's the combined population of those 2 cities? 2.5m???

Seriously that was an appalling crowd....especially with the Titans showing some form in recent weeks.

Absolutely woeful.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Yeah well I wasn't over estimating when I made that post....in hindsight though it turned out I did.

I seriously cannot fathom how those two teams can only draw 20k....I know the ticket prices are expensive there, but far out....what's the combined population of those 2 cities? 2.5m???

Seriously that was an appalling crowd....especially with the Titans showing some form in recent weeks.

Absolutely woeful.

That's why I'm going to the recession call. Just doesn't make much sense.

t-ba

Post Whore
People standing on hills should not be NRL standard. It's embarrassing.

The Best attended soccer league in Europe has terracing. And I'd hardly call the Bundesliga 'embarrassing'. The Hill is quintessential Rugby League, and why should the tradition be abandoned?

It's pretty amazing to think Manly used to average 18k to a game in the murky, distant past. Gentrification is pretty much burying our club. We need a ghetto in the forest...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Build some mcmansions and a housing commission estate across the street from brooky. It'll be filled with bogans who aren't above going to the footy.

DIOGENES

Juniors
What recession? For the first time in 50 years we have the 3 fives; employment, interest rates and inflation all at or below 5% and GDP groeth above 3. As in Rugby League so it is in politics - do not believe what News Ltd tell you.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What recession? For the first time in 50 years we have the 3 fives; employment, interest rates and inflation all at or below 5% and GDP groeth above 3. As in Rugby League so it is in politics - do not believe what News Ltd tell you.
It's shocking how few people know how good the economy really is going just because someone tells them the sky is falling with no hard proof.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've said it before - why would a titans fan pay ridiculous money to watch their team play? They know that their money will just be going into one of Searle's ostentatious projects. Get rid of that pretender exercise some financial responsibility and make the franchise into a club and the fans will come back.

VictoryFC

Bench
The Hill is quintessential Rugby League, and why should the tradition be abandoned?

The terracing is made of concrete though, that can be converted to seating very quickly. Its a bit different to a grassy hill. When its full, as it was last night, you can't tell the difference and it looks great. Problem is grassy banks arent always full, and it doesn't look great. Even empty seats look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts