What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm sorry, what points you to the fact that those outstanding issues on the Gold Coast will be fixed?

You yourself acknowledged the region struggles for traction with any sporting franchise introduced to the area.

Why keep fighting what we all know is a lost cause when we have a winnable one about 850km down the road?

Perhaps the new administration set up? I've set it before - why would a Titan fan go and watch this side play when they know their hard earned is going to be pissed up the wall by an irresponsible administration? With Searle gone and a proper board in control hopefully fans will come back.

Or we could kick them out like you've suggested because their crowds aren't as big as the occasional crowd at gosford.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I could understand it if Titans were getting sub 10k crowd avg's but they aren't. Lets kick out all teams with crowd avg's smaller than the Titans over the last three seasons. Ooops there goes half the comp!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perhaps the new administration set up? I've set it before - why would a Titan fan go and watch this side play when they know their hard earned is going to be pissed up the wall by an irresponsible administration? With Searle gone and a proper board in control hopefully fans will come back.
:lol: I don't know too many fans who give a flying f**k where their money goes after they pay their ticket. Fans go to games to watch footy, they don't make a detailed analysis of where their money might go after purchase :lol:

For the record, fans aren't turning up because the ticket prices at Skilled Park are atrocious, and the Gold Coast generally isn't that interested in rugby league. With such a transient population and most of the region taken up with holiday property, it boggles the mind they were admitted in the first place.

Or we could kick them out like you've suggested because their crowds aren't as big as the occasional crowd at gosford.

So what were the crowds on the Gold Coast we responded to in order for them to gain admission?

I know crowds aren't the only consideration but surely it's a factor worth considering. The continued use of "the occasional crowd at xxx location" is a pissweak argument for denying a team an expansion opportunity.

Hell, you only need go back two pages to see people using Saturday's 20,095 (Perth's "occasional good crowd") as a reason to admit the WA Pirates.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I could understand it if Titans were getting sub 10k crowd avg's but they aren't. Lets kick out all teams with crowd avg's smaller than the Titans over the last three seasons. Ooops there goes half the comp!
They've lost a third of their crowd. With significant steady drop off every season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good research.

The Titans average crowds placed them fourth behind Brisbane, Canterbury and the Tigers in 2010.

They dropped to seventh in the list in 2011, with the Knights, Warriors and Dragons all jumping in front of them.

This year they sit 11th, just ahead of the Storm and Sharks. Penrith, the Roosters and Raiders are the last three sides.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
:lol: I don't know too many fans who give a flying f**k where their money goes after they pay their ticket. Fans go to games to watch footy, they don't make a detailed analysis of where their money might go after purchase :lol:
People do give a flying f**k about where their hard earned goes. If a club's public image is tainted people are going to be less inclined to be associated with them. A fan paying $45 to watch the titans play is going to be more inclined to do this if he knows that his cash is going towards building a club rather than a white elephant centre of excellence or lavicious overseas trips for the CEO.

For the record, fans aren't turning up because the ticket prices at Skilled Park are atrocious, and the Gold Coast generally isn't that interested in rugby league. With such a transient population and most of the region taken up with holiday property, it boggles the mind they were admitted in the first place.
I know crowds aren't the only consideration but surely it's a factor worth considering. The continued use of "the occasional crowd at xxx location" is a pissweak argument for denying a team an expansion opportunity.
They were allowed in because out of the options they were the better choice as far as the NRL were concerned. Whether that is wrong or right is obviously debatable.

Hell, you only need go back two pages to see people using Saturday's 20,095 (Perth's "occasional good crowd") as a reason to admit the WA Pirates.
People who aren't me.

beave

Coach
I have defended the Cowboys crowds in the past but surely they will hit 20k this Saturday Night?

Weather Forecast looks sensational, sitting in 4th spot against the defending Premiers.

No excuse.

I think Newcastle will hit 30k too.
Probably be closer to 18k in NQ mate. Manly has never really been a drawcard up here, regardless of ladder position. Shame because it deserves 20-22k. Will be my first sober game at DFS, daddy day care will be interesting no doubt......

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good research.

The Titans average crowds placed them fourth behind Brisbane, Canterbury and the Tigers in 2010.

They dropped to seventh in the list in 2011, with the Knights, Warriors and Dragons all jumping in front of them.

This year they sit 11th, just ahead of the Storm and Sharks. Penrith, the Roosters and Raiders are the last three sides.

Glad you agree with me that they are by no means the worse supported club in the comp. despite poor on and off field performance and silly ticket prices. Tell me again why they should be booted yet the others worse than them shouldn't?:crazy:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Probably be closer to 18k in NQ mate. Manly has never really been a drawcard up here, regardless of ladder position. Shame because it deserves 20-22k. Will be my first sober game at DFS, daddy day care will be interesting no doubt......

Welcome to the 'No Alcohol' section brother. It is like a different world.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It probably occurs to few that the introduction of a second Brisbane side may just increase Broncos crowds.

Agreed, there was the exact same argument in Perth over the introduction of the Dockers. Guess what? Eagles crowds went up and Dockers have 40k members! Is Brisbane a RL city or not?

Raiderdave

First Grade
a 2nd brisbane team is a must for 2015 expansion

as it would average more fans then any other of the options on the table
at around 50% of the Broncos .. so 16 to 17K average

the first few " derbies " would attract sellouts ... & long term average over 40,000
plus
a game in brisbane every week is essential
the paddle pop lions cannot then .... hide.... from RL in Brisbane

some of the moronic arguments against this in here defy belief :crazy::crazy:

Raiderdave

First Grade
So Brisbane gets 1 game a year that improves their average. Meanwhile the CC Bears would have away fans boosting numbers 10 teams.

away fans ?
you mean the 40 Penrith would bring from the Blue Mountains
or the 80 Roosters fans who'd pile into Blue Tongue up from Bondi

100 Sharks fans .....:sarcasm:

please :roll:..........

the CC is too close to Sydney & adds nothing to the nationalising or de-centralisation of our game ...
& thats the end of it

Kirky

Juniors
Devil'd advocate; where exactly are the fans for a 2nd Brisbane team going to come from? If you're a League lover in Brisbane you're either a Broncos fan if you're born and bred, or still a fan of your team from where you grew up. It's not like Brisbane are selling our Suncorp every week, if there were thousands of extra fans keen on going to games every week, there's nothing stopping them now. I agree with posters that Broncos crowds wouldn't suffer/splinter with a new Brisbane team, but I still fail to see where the new supporters are going to come from?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Again the exact same argument was made in Perth, reality is there are thousands of RL fans in Brisbane that won't support the Broncos. Approx 1,970,000 people live in Brisbane and don't go to Broncos games. Key will be to finding out why and offering them a club they want to follow.

BunniesMan

Immortal
away fans ?
you mean the 40 Penrith would bring from the Blue Mountains
or the 80 Roosters fans who'd pile into Blue Tongue up from Bondi

100 Sharks fans .....:sarcasm:

please :roll:..........

the CC is too close to Sydney & adds nothing to the nationalising or de-centralisation of our game ...
& thats the end of it
No I meant to say the hundreds/thousands of bears fans that would show up to every Bears game in Sydney. Extra hundreds/thousands to every Bears away game.

You could have the 14 Bombers/Ipswich away fans who'll come to our games when they play us, or you'll have the hundreds or thousands of Bears fans at every Bears away game between Newcastle and Wollongong.

A new SEQLD team would improve one or two teams crowds once or twice a season. The Bears would improve the crowds for 10 teams at least 10 times a year.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
When the crushers came into the comp in 95, the Broncos averaged 35,902 while the crushers with a shit side averaged 21,029.

That says to me there is room for another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts