What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Problem solved. Oh wait, how are we going to convince stadium owners to slash rents to make anything close to what you're proposing not equal financial suicide? "Rocket surgery...." that explains your entire post.

Expected to be making 200M a year from the tv deal remember.

The ARL might not be able to subsidise everyone to that level but they should be focussing on the Sydney stadiums I think.

Getting Sydney metro PT included in in the cost of all regular club tickets is another big thing they need to look at

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looking at crowds, as that would be the motivator, I would suggest Canberra and Melb need to be added to that discount list as well.

Again I say though that $'s are not the biggest factor. Plenty of other sports charge equal or greater than the NRL clubs and get 20k+ crowds.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here's a price comparison between Storm and Rebels, Rebels have a lower entry point but more expensive for better seats and are slightly ahead in attendance avg.

Rebels Adult $25-68
Storm Adult $30-50

Rebels Concessions $20-60
Storm Concessions $22-40

Rebels Child $10-30
Storm Child $11-21

azza29

Juniors
Here's a price comparison between Storm and Rebels, Rebels have a lower entry point but more expensive for better seats and are slightly ahead in attendance avg.

Rebels Adult $25-68
Storm Adult $30-50

Storm Concessions $22-40

Rebels Child $10-30
Storm Child $11-21

I think you've put Storm's category 3 prices instead of GA as the entry point, should be:
Rebels Adult $25-68
Storm Adult $24-50

Storm Concessions $15-40

Rebels Child $10-30
Storm Child $5-21

So cheaper on all fronts. Storm have better value memberships too, 2012 GA membership was $190 for 11 games, Rebels GA was $180 for 8 games.

Last edited:

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
Should it be the responsibility of the Clubs or the ARLC to be promoting games? One thing I do find is there seems to be a lack of hype at times for certain games which deserve big crowds

Dogs Of War

Coach
:lol:

Not happening...

Well, unless the NRL covers the loss most clubs will receive from the price drop.

It won't be the latter.

You could do it as an offer that it's only for the first say 5K tickets, and they must be bought online at least 1 day before the match starts.

Sort of makes it fair for all teams, as well minimising the cost. The NRL could then promote that family packages are available each weekend, but get in early.

Flapper

First Grade
Problem solved. Oh wait, how are we going to convince stadium owners to slash rents to make anything close to what you're proposing not equal financial suicide? "Rocket surgery...." that explains your entire post.

Human beings are funny things, if they think they're getting a good deal in getting through the gate they're more likely to spend more inside ie on food and drink and merchandise, and will probably end up spending more than they would with the high ticket prices.

Its that old thing about what's better: 10,000 at $20 or 20,000 at $10.

I don't think it'll be "financial suicide" as you claim, they will be getting a lot more money through TV next year so some of that could easily trickle down to the paying fans.

Hanscholo

Bench
Nrl should bring in license criteria like SL did. Stadium size min 20k with x amount undercover seating. Might motivate govt's to get some of the grounds upgraded if there is a real risk of their clubs losing licenses.

Remeber the criteria the NRL put in place in the nineties? Only three clubs passed, would have been Newcastle vs Brisbane vs Warriors every week. It didn't really get government interested.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Criteria can be staggered in its introduction as it has been in SL, not about kicking people out but about setting min acceptable standards if you want to be an NRL club. Club's would have X amount of years to meet the min standard on agreed kpi's.

We've seen in Sl clubs motivated to now improve their stadiums and there has been marked improvements in facilities for fans over the last decade or so with many new clubs now playing out of new stadiums and others with redeveloping to a higher standard.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
95k at the Doggies/Tigers game for sure,people will be standing on the stadium roof and climbing in trees like the Indians used to back in the day to watch there cricket heros

Benji Marshall > Sachin Tendulkar

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Someone yesterday had a pax around 12,000 or so from memory.

Ultimately pax has been dismissed as an accurate way of predicting crowds anyway

Frailty

First Grade
I think you've put Storm's category 3 prices instead of GA as the entry point, should be:
Rebels Adult $25-68
Storm Adult $24-50

Storm Concessions $15-40

Rebels Child $10-30
Storm Child $5-21

So cheaper on all fronts. Storm have better value memberships too, 2012 GA membership was $190 for 11 games, Rebels GA was $180 for 8 games.

Nope, Storm Adult GA Price is $29.00. Have the ticket from the Storm-Panthers game to prove it.

Frailty

First Grade
Supposedly only GA and 'The Cage' tickets are left at Toyota Park...

Should be an 18k crowd at least.

Someone yesterday had a pax around 12,000 or so from memory.

Ultimately pax has been dismissed as an accurate way of predicting crowds anyway

if that was yesterday, that would make sense, 12k tickets sold + 12k of our members would be about 24k so far (or 22k worst case scenario), not including tickets purchased today if that number was from 2 days ago + fans that will be flooding the gates whilst purchasing tickets at the game. Should get 30k, but not more than 35k

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
Nope, Storm Adult GA Price is $29.00. Have the ticket from the Storm-Panthers game to prove it.

I think you'll find walk up prices are always $5 more than online prices... I can't say this with 100% certainty but I'm fairly sure that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts