What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Why is it left to the clubs to decide on reciprocal rights for members

Obviously they would rather not let 10000 away fans in for free when they can charge 500 die hard $28 ea

We not some sort of Independaent body with no club alliances to decide these kind of things

Oh wait

It should be a no brainer to let 10,000 in for free as opposed to 500 at $28 a pop.

That extra 10,000 equates to more revenue for things like food, merchandise at the game etc. Not to mention advertisers at the ground might cough up a bit of extra coin for 10,000 more sets of eyes.

Meh last nights crowd was decent, I mean if I wasn't a member and an avid fan I would not have even known this game was even on.

There is no advertising whatsoever about the game, there's isn't even any build up unless it's on here.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Yeah the weekly promotional schedule is very bad...

Compared to the shit load of contra ads the AFL has in sydney.

I have noticed that all Swans games have a 2 week promotional campaign, with tv print radio all covered in an increasing amount leading up to game day,

Whats the NRL's plan on this... most frustrating administrators ever,,,,

Billythekid

First Grade
Meh last nights crowd was decent, I mean if I wasn't a member and an avid fan I would not have even known this game was even on.

There is no advertising whatsoever about the game, there's isn't even any build up unless it's on here.

That doesn't make the crowd decent, it just explains why it wasn't.

Yeah the weekly promotional schedule is very bad...

Compared to the shit load of contra ads the AFL has in sydney.

I have noticed that all Swans games have a 2 week promotional campaign, with tv print radio all covered in an increasing amount leading up to game day,

Whats the NRL's plan on this... most frustrating administrators ever,,,,
Geez mate give them a chance.
If Contra is a decenrt amount in the next rights you will see a far bigger promotion of the game.
The IC is still running on limited $$$ because of the last deal..
Judge them this time next yr..When the game has some money behind it.
& if CH 10 have the rights ,they will promote the Bejusus out of RL.

pcpp

Juniors

Pretty close actually..

8,860 official crowd

Canberra may well end up with less than a 10k average for the year.

Their crowds haven't picked up at all despite the relatively good form they have been in of late. Hopefully some of that bandwagon fever from 2010 returns ASAP...

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Pretty close actually..

8,860 official crowd

Canberra may well end up with less than a 10k average for the year.

Their crowds haven't picked up at all despite the relatively good form they have been in of late. Hopefully some of that bandwagon fever from 2010 returns ASAP...

We're used to the cold down here, but almost every single Raiders game has been played in colder than usual conditions.

It was f**king freezing tonight. 7 degrees, but an apparent temperature of just 1.

There's also a fair few who have decided to show their disgust at Raiders management by boycotting matches, although that probably only accounts for a few hundred here and there.

Despite all that, crowds have been disappointing no doubt.

Brutus

Referee
The highlight of Toyota Stadium was the possum near the end of the game at the family hill end. The poor thing shat itself then disappeared into a group of drunks. Dare I say RIP.

Sharks management will also face an inquiry over allowing those surf life-saving kids to freeze during the half-time entertainment.

Game should have been a sell-out. Plenty of Bunnies fans there.

Worst part of the night was that lady in charge of the on-field entertainment - worst I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.