What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I wonder if they'll do the 50/50 split down the halfway line like Dogs/Eels a couple of years ago. Hope so... blue/white -- red/green would look pretty good if its 60/70+

Well considering they've done it for both the finals matches at ANZ so far, I'd say it's safe to assume they will do it again next week.

I can't believe some people are only predicting 50K. 70K easy, and i don't think the weather will matter since most of the tickets will be bought during the week.

MightySharks

Bench
As a Sharks fan I guess you would be an expert on 'ordinary' crowds.

After all your team finished with the 5th worst home crowd average this year (3rd worst of any Sydney based team) despite just missing a place in the top 4.

What sort of crowd do you think a Sharks v Raiders finals match in Sydney would have attracted?

As a guide, back in 2008 in the finals you only got 18,252 against the Raiders at Toyota Park.

Yes and we also got over 30 000 to our prelim final.

Cronulla make no claims about being the most supported club in the game and how we are so special.

There is no chip on our shoulder.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wonder if they'll do the 50/50 split down the halfway line like Dogs/Eels a couple of years ago. Hope so... blue/white -- red/green would look pretty good if its 60/70+

Has been the case for finals matches at ANZ since then I believe. Was last night and last week.

Usain Bolt

Bench
60,000 crowd. A lot of doggies fans will still be protesting about Muhammad and wanting people beheaded next weekend and forget to go to the game

DIOGENES

Juniors
The Colonial Cup between US Tomahawks and the Canadian Wolverines got 4,500. The Norwegian RL grand final got 2000 but only 16000 Manly fans can be bothered to turn up for an elimination final in the world's greatest RL city. Something stinks.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I just don't see why we can't match what Parra and the Dogs did a couple of years ago. That was 70K+.

I see no reason why you cant.

That match for us was unique because we had a great comeback story, we were playing a very exciting brand of footy, Jarryd Hayne was doing magical things and we were up against one of our two biggest rivals. Everything just fell into place for that crowd to happen.

But I think that game was a good example/turn in the tide for our crowd attitudes. The Tigers v Dragons match a year later and hopefully now the Dogs v Rabbitohs match will continue this new standard we have as fans.

I hope this attitude bleeds out to Semi Finals, qualifying finals, etc etc.

Brutus

Referee
Is that for the NSW Cup and what is the total crowd.

I reckon there was about 6k through the gates today.

A lot of Balmain supporters left after the first game, replaced by Jets and Bears fans.

It was a great atmosphere and I'll be back again next week when Balmain take on Newcastle in the first game and Dogs and Jets do battle in the next one.

There needs to be more promotion of these NSW Cup double header semis played on NRL-free Sundays. 10k plus crowds are what they should be aiming at.

Kirky

Juniors
If the NRL had any semblance of business acuity they they would have began promoting the crap out of this match last night in order to maximise the potential turn out for this match. I guess it's up to the clubs to do all the hard work.

Why should the clubs spend their money promoting the game? As I understand it the NRL pockets 100% of the gate takings. I agree there should be mass promotion, but it should be the NRL that foots the bill.

beave

Coach
the NRL couldn't organize or promote shit.

Over on the stampede site, one of the lads posted that the wheelchair seats he got for his mum and himself (he is her primary carer) for last weekends game at DFS was double' booked' by the NRL, seeing as though they are next to the corporate boxes on the eastern, they were sold twice, once as disabled/wheelchair seats and the other as a corporate box....................

f**king useless.

Why should the clubs spend their money promoting the game? As I understand it the NRL pockets 100% of the gate takings. I agree there should be mass promotion, but it should be the NRL that foots the bill.

My point exactly, the clubs do more work(albeit minimal work in the grand scheme of things) than the NRL yet get nothing from the gate takings.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is that the NRL's fault or the stadiums/ticket company? Do agree it is NRL's responsibility to promote these games, they should have had a marketing plan prepared and in place for this eventuality (and for Storm's game) ready to hit the media and communities today. Then again that would take a proactive organisation with half a clue.

Suitman

Post Whore
I see no reason why you cant.

That match for us was unique because we had a great comeback story, we were playing a very exciting brand of footy, Jarryd Hayne was doing magical things and we were up against one of our two biggest rivals. Everything just fell into place for that crowd to happen.

But I think that game was a good example/turn in the tide for our crowd attitudes. The Tigers v Dragons match a year later and hopefully now the Dogs v Rabbitohs match will continue this new standard we have as fans.

I hope this attitude bleeds out to Semi Finals, qualifying finals, etc etc.

Mate, the only thing stopping this week's game from beating the Eels/Bulldogs crowd is the weather. And I fear it will, sadly.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.