What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frailty

First Grade
That is the biggest load of bullshit I've read in a while. Who do they think they're kidding - no more than 6k.

Only thing I've ever agreed with Gould was when he said "If that's the crowd the ground must hold 108 thousand"

Brutus

Referee
That is the biggest load of bullshit I've read in a while. Who do they think they're kidding - no more than 6k.

I actually thought there was around 10-12k there.

I've seen 15k crowds posted at that ground with everyone undercover.

The SFS can be deceptive when the rain is belting down.

sputneek

Juniors
There were heaps of people at the Roosters game, it was fkn raining I had seats right in the middle not undercover and I didn't sit there cause it was raining like so many others.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
What ever the crowd was. it's not a good look at all. I know tv deals are about how many watch at home. But it must have an effect on the TV audience as well.

Teddyboy

First Grade
What ever the crowd was. it's not a good look at all. I know tv deals are about how many watch at home. But it must have an effect on the TV audience as well.
Agreed there will be thousand's of Rugby League fans like me who will switch off the TV if the crowd is crap as a good crowd be it at the game or watching on TV add's atmosphere.

Add 2 more sub 10kers to the list then. Awful conditions are a partial excuse for these figures.

Really I thought both crowds looked over stated although the sfs in the rain can be deceptive.

f**k me Brutus is a knob jockey

Perth Red

Post Whore
needs decent stadia. joke seeing all those people huddled in 10 rows of Allianz as that is all that has cover.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

The MCG looked just as bad yesterday with an empty bottom tier. In fact a majority of AFL matches at the MCG are played at 30-40% capacity.

Looks just as bad on TV, yet Teddyboy and his cronies don't seem to complain about that.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
The MCG looked just as bad yesterday with an empty bottom tier. In fact a majority of AFL matches at the MCG are played at 30-40% capacity.

Looks just as bad on TV, yet Teddyboy and his cronies don't seem to complain about that.

Agreed the Afl get poor crowds as well, but they still average twice as many. I've always argued that you won't match the crowds they get in Melbourne. On the basis s there is so much more to do in Sydney. Look at afl and rugby crowds in Sydney now they are low as well. It highlights IMO the economic climate in Sydney at the moment. In time when thing improve, clubs will have stronger membership base, will see bigger crowds and hopefully a stadium with a roof on it

Chook Norris

First Grade
and thus arrives the inevitable decline of nrl crowds during the SoO period, further compounded by miserable weather

Forecast is also showing rain on wednesday, wonder what sort of impact this will have on the anz crowd, if anything much at all

Status
Not open for further replies.