What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah, I do. They won't travel to Homebush, it's rubbish.
Judging by your name, you're from Townsville. How you'd have the foggiest idea about ANZ apart from whiny tools on here and perhaps 1 or 2 of your own trips here, is beyond me.

If it's so rubbish, why the hell would we hold grand finals there?

And why are the Bulldogs, who call the ground home, averaging higher than any other club in Sydney? :lol:
Hope they are not stupid and put it on a Sunday afternoon- more families will go!
If you're talking about Bulldogs v Manly, it's been scheduled, you bumbling fool.
I watched the Titans v Raiders game last week and it was the GC first home game, the weather was excellent and the Raiders are a decent team. Considering the Titans won their first game I would have expected a decent crowd, they only pulled 11,000. Thats pathetic.

I also saw Bulldogs @ Panthers only draw 9500. Was this game rain affected? If not, what are Penrith even doing with a team?

Interestingly after 2 rounds the average Sydney crowd was 16,000. Average non-Syd crowd is 22,000.

Sydneysiders arent interested in NRL if you ask me.
Interestingly Sydney received somewhere in the vicinity of a billion mL of rain (exaggeration, yes) in the week of the first Round. Even the season opener at Newcastle got less because of weather (29k, would've got 32k in fine weather).

Sydneysiders are clearly interested in rugby league - they're not interested in taking their families out on dangerous wet roads, driving through floodwater, or risking sickness by spending hours in the open. It's a no brainer when it's pouring rain to stay home when there's such quality coverage on TV.

For what it's worth, a fine night and no local flooding would've seen the Penrith Dogs game you've criticised net about 16-17k... just a few short of capacity at that ground.

Interesting of course you criticise Sydneysiders with an excuse when the Titans have NO excuses for the poor crowd last week.

Well trolled though, sir.

Timmah

Staff member
Absolutely. There are several teams in Sydney with inadequate levels of support and/or fan engagement.

The Roosters seem to be one of them - they need to do something about games where attendances are not up to standard.

Panfas

Juniors
I watched the Titans v Raiders game last week and it was the GC first home game, the weather was excellent and the Raiders are a decent team. Considering the Titans won their first game I would have expected a decent crowd, they only pulled 11,000. Thats pathetic.

I also saw Bulldogs @ Panthers only draw 9500. Was this game rain affected? If not, what are Penrith even doing with a team?

Interestingly after 2 rounds the average Sydney crowd was 16,000. Average non-Syd crowd is 22,000.

Sydneysiders arent interested in NRL if you ask me.
You are either a troll or just an idiot. 70% of NSW were in flood with Warragamba dam overflowing for the first time in 14 years resulting in moderate flooding in low-lying areas including the Richmond/Windsor area (large number of Panther supporters here) . Several bridges were closed (Yarramundi, Windsor, North Richmond). Thousands of residents had better things to do than go to the football, like moving their belongings to higher ground (trust me, there were a lot of people in Richmond / Wilberforce doing this).

Yes it was a poor crowd, but considering the conditions it was acceptible IMO. Would have got 18k+ in warm sunny conditions on a sunday if the above didnt happen.

Timmah

Staff member
Would've got that on a clear, fine, unflooded Saturday night too.

Panfas

Juniors
I am unsure about this Sundays crowd Penrith v Bunnies. It could get anywere from 10k - 18k. If warm clear day it will prob get 16k IMO depending on away supporters

Valheru

Coach
Absolutely. There are several teams in Sydney with inadequate levels of support and/or fan engagement.

The Roosters seem to be one of them - they need to do something about games where attendances are not up to standard.

If the roosters level of support is “inadequate” as you put it then Penrith, Cronulla and Manly are certainly worse with South’s not far behind.

Jono1987

Juniors
Even if Manly and Bulldogs are leading the competition into round 8, you won't get near 40k let alone 50k. I would expect the crowd to be more like Dragons/Bulldogs (29k) clash or lower. Manly aren't a strong drawing team and there is no real rivalry between the clubs.

Even if Manly and Bulldogs are leading the competition into round 8, you won't get near 40k let alone 50k. I would expect the crowd to be more like Dragons/Bulldogs (29k) clash or lower. Manly aren't a strong drawing team and there is no real rivalry between the clubs.

If we're both leading the competition and its a good day weather wise, I would think that the crowd would be somewhere between High 30's to low 40's.

lol The rivalry and hate manifested as soon as we signed Des.

nqboy

First Grade
How you'd have the foggiest idea about ANZ ... is beyond me.
That's not surprising. A lot of things are beyond you.

If it's so rubbish, why the hell would we hold grand finals there?
Let's see, a myriad of reasons really. The origins of the comp, the Sydney-centric nature of its governance, the stadium deal offered, the fact that it's the largest capacity stadium in RL territory, the fact that people will go there for an event (the GF) even though it's rubbish - What's your point?

And why are the Bulldogs, who call the ground home, averaging higher than any other club in Sydney?
Good marketing? The ability to attract bigger crowds than other clubs can at suburban grounds? Don't let your blue-and-white filter blind you completely Champ.

nqboy

First Grade
If we're both leading the competition and its a good day weather wise, I would think that the crowd would be somewhere between High 30's to low 40's.

You and Timmy Two-Dads talking it up doesn't make it so. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Jono1987

Juniors

If you say so.

From the outsde looking in it appeared the only real hate was stemming from Manly fans in the direction of the Manly administration.

beave

Coach
Weather forcast looks absolutley shitful for Saturday up here, predicting massive thunder storms all day saturday, it's not going to take much to cut the roads to the north with all the rain we've had today.

nqboy

First Grade
Weather forcast looks absolutley shitful for Saturday up here, predicting massive thunder storms all day saturday, it's not going to take much to cut the roads to the north with all the rain we've had today.
There must be some farmers somewhere that could do with this rain we've been having :crazy:

beave

Coach
Yeah i've heard it's been rubbish up your way as well mate. You coming down for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts