What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The NRL has really poor crowds, if you took away all the crowds over 20000 the average would be terrible.

Right DC Fan?

LOL Broncos...

1. They're a 1 team town.
2.They play every friday night so their fans know when the game is on.
3. Brisbane has a population of >2million.

YET THEY STILL GET SHIT CROWDS !

AuDragon

Juniors
LOL Broncos...

1. They're a 1 team town.
2.They play every friday night so their fans know when the game is on.
3. Brisbane has a population of >2million.

YET THEY STILL GET SHIT CROWDS !
Brisbane seems to be causing you a fair bit of discomfort.
I'd say I feel for you, but I'd be lying...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reality is most Sydney teams have 10-14k paying customers. That varies by a couple of thousand depending on form and weather. It is only when two Sydney teams are playing each other do you see a significant change in home crowd size ie Dragons v Sharks last week when the crowd is boosted by two sets of fans. How often do you see 20K+ crowds for Sydney games against out of town teams? When you look across the NRL there really isn't much difference in paying fanbase of any club except Brisbane. How to get that home fanbase of 10-14k up to 20k is the big challenge facing clubs and we won't see any significant change in avg annual attendences until it is addressed.

Brisbane has around 30k paying fans, that is a decent size home crowd and comparable with majority of the best supported teams in any code in the country.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
To a certain degree crowd averages can be distorted by one or two rather large crowds

Let me guess... You have a masters in Mathematics and Statistics

Maybe you would prefer the Mean or Median to be reported.

End of the day, we are comparing averages in 2012 with averages in other years...

And guess what there where big crowds that distorted the average up in those years too

So I believe the technical term for this problem is "Apples with apples"

BunniesMan

Immortal

Maybe you would prefer the Mean
or Median to be reported.

End of the day, we are comparing averages in 2012 with averages in other years...

And guess what there where big crowds that distorted the average up in those years too

"Mean" means average.

DC_fan

Coach

Maybe you would prefer the Mean or Median to be reported.

What are rambling on about?

user_nat

Coach
Anyone else find that crowds always sound so much better on Fox?

Must be something that Nine/Fox do differently from each other.

LESStar58

Referee
It was posted as 14900 or somewhere in that vicinity. Bulldogs fans travel well! They were everywhere tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts