What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Round 8 Predictions:
Dragons Vs Roosters --- 35K
Storm Vs Warriors ------ 25K
Bulldogs Vs Sea Eagles - 25K
Broncos Vs Titans ------- 35K
Rabbitohs Vs Cowboys - 12K
Raiders Vs Sharks ------ 13K
Parramatta Vs Tigers --- 16K
Knights Vs Panthers ---- 20K

Sports Mad

Juniors
Storm vs Warriors last year got 22,000 if im remebering correctly. This game is growing every year and anything under 25,000 will be dissapointing. The Warriors are the Storm bogey team (because they cant handle off loads all that well) and this promosses to be a cracker

DC_fan

Coach
Round 7 :: Apr 13-15
Friday 13 April
Dragons 12 def Knights 4 @ WIN Jubilee (Crowd: 15,291), 7:30pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Broncos 30 def Raiders 6 @ Suncorp (Crowd: 30,017), 7:30pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Saturday 14 April
Storm 12 def Bulldogs 6 @ AAMI (Crowd: 14,192), 5:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Sea Eagles 14 lost to Titans 26 @ Brookvale (Crowd: 11,619), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Roosters 12 lost to Cowboys 50 @ TIO, Darwin (Crowd: 10,008), 7:30pm FOX Sports LIVE (7pm local NT time) - thread
Sunday 15 April
Warriors 44 def Rabbitohs 22 @ Mt Smart (Crowd: 15,378), 12:00pm FOX Sports LIVE (2pm local NZ time) - thread
Sharks 24 def Eels 18 @ Toyota (Crowd: 14,327), 2:00pm FOX Sports LIVE - thread
Panthers v Tigers 30 @ Centrebet (Crowd: 15,579), 3:00pm Ch 9/GEM - thread
Crowd total Round 7: 126,411
Crowd average Round 7: 15,801
Crowd total 2012: 962,872
Crowd average 2012: 17,194

Does the NRL keep official crowd totals?

Your crowd for the Storm v Bulldogs differs from what was quoted in the media.

Looking in todays paper I see a different crowd figure for Roosters v Cowboys then was was given on Saturday night.

I know the NFL keeps official attendance figures.

azza29

Juniors

These are crap though. They count tickets sold, not bums on seats. Went to a 49ers game last year, wouldn't have been more than 55k there but attendance was listed as 69,732 which is the stadium capacity.

Basically the seats are sold but ticket holders don't show up for whatever reason (a lot of season tickets are purchased by resellers who make a profit on sites like StubHub, TicketXChange etc).

DC_fan

Coach
These are crap though. They count tickets sold, not bums on seats. Went to a 49ers game last year, wouldn't have been more than 55k there but attendance was listed as 69,732 which is the stadium capacity.

Basically the seats are sold but ticket holders don't show up for whatever reason (a lot of season tickets are purchased by resellers who make a profit on sites like StubHub, TicketXChange etc).

I have been to a few NFL games and have found the crowd given just about spot on with what it looked like.

Regardless, the NFL keeps offiical attendance figures. I cannot see why the NRL can't do the same thing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Looking in todays paper I see a different crowd figure for Roosters v Cowboys then was was given on Saturday night.

I have been to a few NFL games and have found the crowd given just about spot on with what it looked like.

Regardless, the NFL keeps offiical attendance figures. I cannot see why the NRL can't do the same thing.

To answer both questions, yes, the NRL keeps official crowd totals via www.nrlstats.com.

Both crowds you questioned come from that website. I haven't seen other figures bandied about for either game, either.

Raiderdave

First Grade

what was the crowd in the paper for the game in darwin ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You could pull outliers from every sport to prove or disprove a point. Statistics are certainly fun.

There's no doubt the AFL has pulling power in Melbourne. Slick marketing and ease of transport etc means it has everything going for it as an attendance sport. And it's terrible to watch on television too, which is part of the reason people go.

That said, the AFL have made a couple of big mistakes, one named Suns, the other GWS.

The crowds aren't good, the interest isn't really there, and the results (90-100+ point floggings) aren't desirable.

While the Titans might be struggling now, they made a few finals series within 2-3 years. That seems nearly impossible for the Suns and GWS.

All told, comparing NRL crowds to AFL crowds, in the main, anyway, is a fruitless and pointless exercise.

bobmar28

Bench
You could pull outliers from every sport to prove or disprove a point. Statistics are certainly fun.

There's no doubt the AFL has pulling power in Melbourne. Slick marketing and ease of transport etc means it has everything going for it as an attendance sport. And it's terrible to watch on television too, which is part of the reason people go.

That said, the AFL have made a couple of big mistakes, one named Suns, the other GWS.

The crowds aren't good, the interest isn't really there, and the results (90-100+ point floggings) aren't desirable.

While the Titans might be struggling now, they made a few finals series within 2-3 years. That seems nearly impossible for the Suns and GWS.

All told, comparing NRL crowds to AFL crowds, in the main, anyway, is a fruitless and pointless exercise.

I don't know what the capacity is but that GWS Blacktown stadium looked less than half full. That must be disappointing for their first ever premiership game there.

azza29

Juniors
I don't know what the capacity is but that GWS Blacktown stadium looked less than half full. That must be disappointing for their first ever premiership game there.

First and last - was a once-off until Showgrounds is ready. Will be surprised if GWS manage to average 10k this year.

azza29

Juniors
Aren't they playing 3 games at Blacktown?

Played a couple of pre-season games there but just one H&A match. In 2012 they play one at ANZ, one at Blacktown, 3 at Manuka and the rest at Showgrounds.

Back on topic, Storm are looking good for 25k on ANZAC day. Plenty of talk around the office about them, especially from Tigers/Dees/Pies supporters whose seasons are fast going down the toilet...

nqboy

First Grade
Back on topic, Storm are looking good for 25k on ANZAC day. Plenty of talk around the office about them, especially from Tigers/Dees/Pies supporters whose seasons are fast going down the toilet...
Can somone post a shot of Mr Burns? "Excellent..."

beave

Coach
350729-mrburns.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts