What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013 - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowd was pretty subdued in the first half, but wasn't too bad in the second. At the least the Broncs came out of the sheds looking like they wanted to play.

In the first half the section of former members' seats in front of me was populated with the sort of... how can I put this? Scrubber-economic refugees from down south wearing faded Balmain jerseys and even more faded faces that were old before their time. And they f*cked and c***ed their way through the entire first half, notwithstanding that there were a lot of children around us. Thankfully, in the second half they found somewhere else to sit and drink their endless supply of bourbon and coke etc.

Broncos for an only team crowd should be at least 9 times more than the average sydney club so that's 90k average

I think anything less than 150k per Brisbane Monday night game is a disgrace. Double that for Friday night games, every one of which the Broncos demand they be scheduled at the expense of a deserving NSW team.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Its a pity. All of that advertising space and time pissed down the drain for origin which practically sells itself anyway. Half of the origin ads alone on tv would be sufficient to market the round games in each city

aarondoyle

Juniors
Does the NRL get to choose what their advertising contra $ go towards, or does channel 9 just advertise their games with that allowance?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does the NRL get to choose what their advertising contra $ go towards, or does channel 9 just advertise their games with that allowance?

I think they must have some say, they are currently running an ad on fox for the up,and coming NRL games being played across the country.

ouwet

Bench
For anybody thinking about going Dogs V Roosters friday night.

For 80 minutes on Tuesday, 18 June (TODAY) between 5.00pm and 6.20pm all fans can head to ticketek.com.au to purchase tickets at the following prices:

Adult: $10 I Concession: $7.50 I Junior: $5 I Family: $20

the dude

Juniors

For 80 minutes on Tuesday, 18 June (TODAY) between 5.00pm and 6.20pm all fans can head to ticketek.com.au to purchase tickets at the following prices:

That's a great deal and will hopefully had a few thousand to the turnout. Could be a decent crowd on Friday despite origin stars missing. 20k should be the aim at least

That is very tempting. Go to the game and bypass Ch 9's commentary.

$10 tickets and no one can complain.

Heard the weather will be absolute shite on the weekend though.

Diesel

Referee

Whoever is behind this, (I'm assuming the NRL) well done, this is great for all fans. Perhaps during the 8 weeks of Origins, cheaper tickets are the way to go.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Watched 10 minutes of the union tonight. Probably the flattest atmosphere I have heard in years at any ground. 10k raiders fans make way more noise

Hope they do a deal for souths v parra on Sunday. Thinking of going

21k in milton on a monday night

For the record from last night:

1Rp3_Kr9cbiMyRAdk6JNhYtm6l84MUWzLeuixSjHGUU

This one was taken at half time, so there are more empty seats but you can make out the "shape" of the crowd.

rWnpsrAJ4ErpkAptBdPDMwVyRcmkka9Jzx5mD_gE-04

As I said last night: the beer queue was fantastic. :D

Jason Maher

Immortal
Great crowd at ANZ last night. 80k in the middle of the Origin period, against an out of town team. Very impressive.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Why the f**k is this game played in this round. SBW vs Bulldogs could of got Massive PR and Crowed after the orgin series was over. brb luck to get pass 25k this friday. would of got massive crowd if they played between Round 20 to 26. would of been pissed if i was the dog admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts